Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: PIMPING STOCKS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I got $50 from a liquidated company burning a hole in my account. Any suggestions on a dangerous sub $2.00 position?

Also, I've ridden MGM from $10 to $26. Should I stay on or jump off the boat?

Looks like a picked the wrong supplier of outdated communications equipment. NSATF is languishing, although they just secured a MASSIVE $1.5 million (Canadian) deal. I'm sure that'll send it through the roof any time now.

MGM...they've beat earnigns expectations the last four quarters and crushed them in December. If you find a new fun stock you like take half off the table and then what you have left in the stock is house money I'd probably run some more with MGM though. For what it's worth analysts expectations have improved the past six months and the growth looks impressive. In general...as long as a company keeps kicking the expectations ass I roll with it.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Thanks for the advice Bretsky. I don't read any of that complicated stuff. I just look at the line graphs. Only failed me once so far, but that company isn't dead... yet.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    OK....well maybe low risk that doubles in 2-3 years was a bad way to put it

I would run with Facebook; it's always good to take some profits but I think they'll hit 100 before they hit 55. Just my view. Come on Man...jump back into da YELP

Zillow is a very sore one for me; I'm in the dam industry and think it's a great company. I was watching it and nearly pulled the trigger in the high 20's but pussied out. Since then I've just watched it run. I'm too demoralized in the stock to get in anymore.

I've read about Workday's earnings. To me it was a great report but I'll be curious how the market reacts to the report
    Yelp is my sore point. After it started to take off, I "almost" bought back in several times, but always figured if I waited I could get a better price. Of course, that is a sign of a poor investor. If it's a good company for a long term investment, a few % points in stock price don't matter a great deal. It is impossible to buy the absolute low and sell the absolute high with any regularity. A little market timing is good, but sometimes I rely too much.

I knew nothing about WDAY until you brought it up. It's been on a holy terror the last 6-8 mos, and has a great opening today (>10% up). Yet, an awful lot of advisors seem very down on it, with sell recommendations not even hold.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Yelp is my sore point. After it started to take off, I "almost" bought back in several times, but always figured if I waited I could get a better price. Of course, that is a sign of a poor investor. If it's a good company for a long term investment, a few % points in stock price don't matter a great deal. It is impossible to buy the absolute low and sell the absolute high with any regularity. A little market timing is good, but sometimes I rely too much.

I knew nothing about WDAY until you brought it up. It's been on a holy terror the last 6-8 mos, and has a great opening today (>10% up). Yet, an awful lot of advisors seem very down on it, with sell recommendations not even hold.

DAMMIT.......I can honestly say if I had cjhing to spare I'd have taken a small position in WDAY about 20% ago but I went with YELP, which to me was a bit more safe. WDAY is up 14 points today. Better then expected growth and less than expected loss. But you have to really buy into the story long term since that is what you are investing in...as opposed to the valuations...which are insane.

Patler.....I'm on the Manhunt to find the next big things. On Mad Money about six months ago I watched highlights and many CEO interviews at the big Dreamforce Technology Conference in California. That is when I began my research on YELP, WDAY, ECOM, and even shortly after ZU.

All of these are hyper growth stories. I'm forever in search of the next Salesforce that appreciated 1,000%. I fully understand I could loss my ass with this money.........but I'm intrigued by finding the youthful hyper growth stories and in doing so I'm always curious about new IPO's coming out as well.

To me there are all good companies; if I diversify and just hit one or two big and the rest fail it will still be worth it. I might fail with them all...............and in the end........be left with just the Clothing Technology store...............UNDER ARMOUR
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries

See, that sort of investment pisses me off. SalesForce doesn't actually make any significant money.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    See, that sort of investment pisses me off. SalesForce doesn't actually make any significant money.
    You could say the same thing about most of the new bio/pharma companies out there. You invest in those based on potential, not current performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    You could say the same thing about most of the new bio/pharma companies out there. You invest in those based on potential, not current performance.
    Right. I don't buy stuff like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Right. I don't buy stuff like this.

That is why the experiment comparing AAPL to WDAY, YELP, ECOM, and ZU would be so interesting. My guess is AAPL is stable and two of those companies make a ton of stock appreciation and two lose there asses over the next few years. Which ones...who knows ? By the Way, I'd like to throw in my favorite Bio company in ISIS as well.

I have a few bitcoin and other risky investments but not enough to make any sizeable dent. I wouldn't roll the dice with 75K. Gotta put that in a safe place.

Hindsight is always 20/10

I was thinking 10 days ago to take a small, short-term position in JCP......when it was $5.25. Today it hit $8.67.

Oh well........ Gut Instinct - 1 / Head - 0

Attention, Bargin Shoppers........

It looks like a sustained pullback is finally underway.......Which stocks are you looking to buy and at which levels?

I sure picked the wrong time to be focusing my attention in biotech! Declines 2x or 3x the general market this week.
    OUCH !

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Apple to do a 7-1 stock split on Monday. http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/06/inve...html?hpt=hp_t2

From 647.50 to 92.50
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

AAPL is looking pretty damn good these days.

This is a great video from @PeterGhostine explaining why he thinks it's headed to 120ish. Cha-ching!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FeX7QB6Vr8#t=1335

120 split adjusted is 840 on the old scale. Looking pretty damn good! Could go as high as 150ish.

My plan is to sell around 120 unless there is a lot of evidence the stock is moving up. My wife and I are looking into building a house and there is a plot of land in New Berlin, WI we are eyeing up.

Blog Entries
    AAPL seems incredibly solid these days

Some of the stocks I had mentioned a while back have had their @sses kicked by AAPL the past six months

I am dam happy with my Under Armour as well !!!

My guy Pete has AAPL going to 142ish then to 110 before making it's final leg up to 190ish. I will likely hold to 140ish then sell and see what happens. Have way too much money tied up in it right now to be safe.

Are you guys still trying to manage a stock portfolio while working a full time job? You're both crazy. A friend in the business showed me how much money I was losing doing it my way.....needless to say I don't mind paying fee's now.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I sold all my stocks for magic beans. Now I have magic gas.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck