Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
Results 261 to 270 of 270

Thread: So... Aaron Hernandez

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    John 3:16. Reportedly, authorities looking into possibility Hernandez may have taken synthetic marijuana. There have been cases of people taking the stuff reporting suicidal thoughts.
    I don't remember that translation of John 3:16


    Bring back stick 'em and the tear away jersey. Allow TD celebrations for 8 seconds. Allow sack celebrations for 4 seconds. If a player goes longer, allow their opponent to select a coach or player to take a close range shot from a T-shirt cannon.

  2. #262
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,079
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't remember that translation of John 3:16
    We Catholics are sometimes accused of taking liberties with Bible verses.

  3. #263
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Why do you think that, BZ?

    Just askin' & all.
    That was my original thought KY. Joe said a lot of why, the timing was oddly curious. Apparently Maryland law says his conviction is overturned if he dies before an appeal is heard. If his contract is unvoided and his daughter gets his money, I can see that as motive for hanging himself. If he had any chance of winning his appeal it is very strange timing.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

  4. #264
    Red Devil Rat HOFer gbgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    juuust o/s dallas
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    That was my original thought KY. Joe said a lot of why, the timing was oddly curious. Apparently Maryland law says his conviction is overturned if he dies before an appeal is heard. If his contract is unvoided and his daughter gets his money, I can see that as motive for hanging himself. If he had any chance of winning his appeal it is very strange timing.
    there's not going to be much left after the civil suits are settled.

  5. #265
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    there's not going to be much left after the civil suits are settled.
    Only time will tell. I was just speculating.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

  6. #266
    Stout Rat HOFer Guiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    12,051
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Only time will tell. I was just speculating.
    I've seen that same speculation in other places - this was a way to get his girlfriend and daughter some money. Hard to tell who will be first in line for whatever is left. His lawyer is also making rumblings about looking into his death, he sees more billable hours I'm sure.

    Does anyone know how the payment of his bonuses from the Patriots worked out? There were some unpaid amounts that were 'guaranteed', including a deferred part of his signing bonus, and the team was trying to get out of paying them.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

    "He was mocked in the third, but after the combine they'll mock him into the first, for sure." - Fritz

  7. #267
    Fried Rat HOFer KYPack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    7,685
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    That was my original thought KY. Joe said a lot of why, the timing was oddly curious. Apparently Maryland law says his conviction is overturned if he dies before an appeal is heard. If his contract is unvoided and his daughter gets his money, I can see that as motive for hanging himself. If he had any chance of winning his appeal it is very strange timing.
    This deal is so goofy, it's tough to sort out in your mind.

    I'm gonna compromise by forgetting the whole thing.

  8. #268
    Red Devil Rat HOFer gbgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    juuust o/s dallas
    Posts
    12,601

  9. #269
    Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Apparently there is verbiage in the contract with N.E. that says any legal trouble that makes Aaron unavailable to the team could void portions of his contract.

    Like I said it was just speculation. And with the possible motive, who knows what he had going through his head at the time.

    The timing is still curious for me.
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

  10. #270
    Red Devil Rat HOFer gbgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    juuust o/s dallas
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Apparently there is verbiage in the contract with N.E. that says any legal trouble that makes Aaron unavailable to the team could void portions of his contract.

    Like I said it was just speculation. And with the possible motive, who knows what he had going through his head at the time.

    The timing is still curious for me.
    for sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •