Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: So... Aaron Hernandez

Addendum to Chmura stories: part of the wallet/pocket money debate discovered Chmura did not carry his drivers license with him. When driving.

Asked what he did if he ever got stopped he said officers would go back to their car and have dispatch look it up. He had not gotten a ticket for this yet.

I give him credit if he does not pull the "do you know who I am?" routine and he's got some guts to run the risk of not carrying the license. Because if you have something else wrong at the stop (taillight, speeding, expired plates, etc.) you are going to get two tickets.

Its not a big deal as you can probably produce the license in court and have the citation reduced, but it seems to be an unnecessary risk for most. Chewy aparently has enough cash to both carry a roll and keep the cars in good working order.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

People are getting some big bucks for Aaron Hernandez jerseys. there is a red autographed jersey with a top bid of $1,025.00. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aaron-Hernan...item33836abf67
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

So...Mike Brown of the Bungles is bragging that he knew enough to stay away from Hernandez 'cause of character concerns and Gronk because of his back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-gronks-back/

Ya, right...like anyone is going to believe that!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Tatoo's have been inspected and no gang affiliation found. What are the prerequisites for that job: Tatoo Inspector

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ies-gang-ties/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Tatoo's have been inspected and no gang affiliation found. What are the prerequisites for that job: Tatoo Inspector

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ies-gang-ties/
    Probably comparable to the qualifications for floor walker.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Always liked the cameo by Joe Walsh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Always liked the cameo by Joe Walsh
    Man, you've got some good eyes.

Never spotted that one before.

Can you imagine the partying that went on shooting this flick?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Man, you've got some good eyes.

Never spotted that one before.

Can you imagine the partying that went on shooting this flick?
    I can only try to imagine. It's urban legend status in these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Just a guess on my part, too, but I read (or heard, can't remember which) a reporters comments that even the cops and court room personnel were surprised at his total lack of emotion. One described him as seemingly detached from what was going on.

We might just be scratching the surface on his inner workings.
    Watching the court proceedings that day the most shocking thing to me was a complete lack of emotion on Aaron Hernandez's part. He acted utterly emotionless.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Watching the court proceedings that day the most shocking thing to me was a complete lack of emotion on Aaron Hernandez's part. He acted utterly emotionless.
    Sounds sociopathic.

Urban Meyer did all he could do for people and players. He was a father figure to all and cannot be held responsible for murders committed by a former player he tried to help. This is obvious and people saying Urban is at fault are clearly delusional*.

Though perhaps Urban has the same problem as Hernandez, that he chooses his company poorly:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 12h
    Whoa. RT @WesleyLowery: Aaron Hernandez is one of 41 members of 2008 Florida football team that has been arrested. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sp...nted=all&_r=1&

* Not many people are saying this, though I suppose the brave drunks on Twitter and YouTube might be. It is, however, a convenient pivot point for the Meyer family, to plead innocent of a charge no sensible person is making.

Though perhaps Urban has the same problem as Hernandez, that he chooses his company poorly:

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 12h
    Whoa. RT @WesleyLowery: Aaron Hernandez is one of 41 members of 2008 Florida football team that has been arrested. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sp...nted=all&_r=1&
    According to the story, Cam Newton, Chris Rainey, Percy Harvin, and Janoris Jenkins were on that roster. Some challenging personalities. I wonder how the arrest #'s stack up with other top programs (Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon).

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    According to the story, Cam Newton, Chris Rainey, Percy Harvin, and Janoris Jenkins were on that roster. Some challenging personalities. I wonder how the arrest #'s stack up with other top programs (Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon).
    Yeah, there is very little context which makes it of limited use. Plus among those 41 arrests are drunk and disorderly charges and other small bore things (though several charges are quite serious). And a couple of players doubled their pleasure.

However, Meyer did have a noteworthy string of problems in the team over two years and the local paper did keep a database of arrests and run-ins with the law during that time. I remember the coverage of it at the time and it was eventually overshadowed by the end of the Tebow era and his strange exit from Florida. So he very much oversaw a spike in trouble. And during the middle of that string was when he began to consider retirement.

Yeah, there is very little context which makes it of limited use. Plus among those 41 arrests are drunk and disorderly charges and other small bore things (though several charges are quite serious). And a couple of players doubled their pleasure.

However, Meyer did have a noteworthy string of problems in the team over two years and the local paper did keep a database of arrests and run-ins with the law during that time. I remember the coverage of it at the time and it was eventually overshadowed by the end of the Tebow era and his strange exit from Florida. So he very much oversaw a spike in trouble. And during the middle of that string was when he began to consider retirement.
    When in trouble, just fake an illness! If you are on the political side of the press, they will cover for you every time! Just make sure you stay in their good graces.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think this bit at the end of the article is most telling:
    Jenkins, the cornerback, eventually left Florida for North Alabama after Meyer’s successor, Will Muschamp, dismissed him from the team after marijuana arrests. Several months later, Jenkins spoke to The Orlando Sentinel about his dismissal.

“If Coach Meyer were still coaching, I’d still be playing for the Gators,” he was quoted as saying. “Coach Meyer knows what it takes to win.”
    The higher the tolerance for illegal behavior the more of it there will be, and the seriousness will also increase. No, I'm not saying allowing pot-heads a pass will get you a murderer on the team, but it will get you more arrests and more trouble than just pot.

It also shows that bible-study is not an indicator of a reformed troublemaker.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    It also shows that bible-study is not an indicator of a reformed troublemaker.
    It helps if you study more than just the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    It helps if you study more than just the cover.
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Oh, wrong book? How about
    In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...