Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: So... Aaron Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    *Guiness scans horizon* Who's that out in left field?
    MJZiggy responds "It's Hoosier, dear"
    ahh hoosier your off the hook.

Your small 'h' name was spelled incorrectly.

I'm sure that you are 'a Dear'. Your Packerrats 'legal team' has your back.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    *Guiness scans horizon* Who's that out in left field?
    MJZiggy responds "It's Hoosier, dear"
    Did I forget to attach the sarcasm icon to my post?

The Pats's quick trigger in releasing him = strategy for recouping part of signing bonus before it all finds its way into his defense teams pockets.

Hey, guys and gals. I hate to be the one to drop the bombshell, but the Patriots just released Hernandez.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Did I forget to attach the sarcasm icon to my post?

The Pats's quick trigger in releasing him = strategy for recouping part of signing bonus before it all finds its way into his defense teams pockets.
    Redemption is sweet.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    What do think the chances are TT kicks the old tires on this one?
    Better bring him in. He averages over 11 yards per catch and a TD every 10 catches.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If he ever sees the football field again, it likely will be in a prison yard.

Not sounding good. But, of course, innocent til proven guilty and all that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Let's determine what he's charged with!? It looks serious right now, based on the actual matter of the arrest; and his legal team left out of the loop and that arrest.

The police moved carefully and deliberately and it's got to be more than an obstruction of justice charge. It's going to be a serious charge.

Aaron Hernandez's arraignment is set for today ... Wed. 26 June, 2013 @ 2 PM EST

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Here's a statement from the new England Patriots fr. ***:

*** http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...drops-him?lite

"A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do." a statement from the team (The New England Patriots) read.

Comment woodbuck27:

This isn't 'an idiot' or joking matter.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-26-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Speculation about the salary cap implications of cutting Hernandez, with the caveat that, if confused, be sure to cover all bases.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ting-hernandez

Last summer, the Patriots gave him a five-year contract worth $40 million. The deal included a $12.5 million signing bonus. At this point, when looking solely at signing bonus and base salaries, Hernandez has earned $9.79 million of the extension.

His new salary-cap charge in 2013 is just over $5 million, an increase of about $1 million, league sources told ESPN. For 2014, that charge will be $7.5 million, which is the remaining pro-ration of his signing bonus.

It’s unclear what kind of communication, if any, the Patriots had with the NFL regarding Hernandez’s contract over the past nine days. By releasing Hernandez on Wednesday, the Patriots appear to have waived all rights to recoup any bonus money or salary through the CBA.

One other factor to consider: A club can recover bonus money and avoid a cap hit if a player violates one of the league's personal conduct policies or defaults on contract language. It’s possible the Patriots have talked to the NFL about this possibility, but that’s unknown at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    I wish Finley had a killer instinct.
    But not this kind of killer instinct. Finley might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he doesn't strike me as a guy who would become involved in a murder.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    No... he's an NFL QB.

He's peaceful, a team player...intelligent. He tries to recall where he parked his vehicle.

He doesn't carry a weapon.

He loves his cell phone and loves to be on camera.

He's industrious and cleans his own digs.
    But his throwing mechanics suck. Maybe they can do something with him in NE.

Speculation about the salary cap implications of cutting Hernandez, with the caveat that, if confused, be sure to cover all bases.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ting-hernandez
    Nice find hoosier.

We're about to find out what Aaron Hernandez will be charged with as he's now at the North Attleborough district court for his arraignment. It's now 2:09 EST and he may be arraigned as late as 2:15 PM. today.

The coverage on this matter at NFL Access is solid. They are reporting that Aaron Hernandez's girlfriend is at the court house. NFL Access is all over this.

The actual arrest at Aaron Hernandez's home this morning was quite a show of force with as many as seven (7) detectives present for that arrest. By now he's aware of the formal charges and he looked very somber being led into the court house.

Aaron Hernandez is about to learn from a judge just how tragic 'formally' his life has become.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-26-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Police are all wrapped up in the case still questioning the jogger. Who authorities insist is the primary suspect:

She's been on a steady diet of pepsi and egg salad sandwich's this week; after using her only call for pizza.
    I'd go on that diet in a heartbeat if it would make me look like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'd go on that diet in a heartbeat if it would make me look like that...
    Pugger that's Monica Bellucci:

Maybe? ... Eat a lot of grapes. drink less beer. Your Irish so that's tough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Bellucci

http://www.google.ca/search?gs_rn=18...AtTWrQGqy4DQCw
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-26-2013 at 01:35 PM.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Patriots cortan a Aaron Hernandez

http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?s...esktop&cc=3888

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    But not this kind of killer instinct. Finley might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he doesn't strike me as a guy who would become involved in a murder.
    The only thing Finley may end up killing is his career.

Here's a statement from the new England Patriots fr. ***:

*** http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...drops-him?lite

"A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do." a statement from the team (The New England Patriots) read.

Comment woodbuck27:

This isn't 'an idiot' or joking matter.
    Aaron Hernandez will be charged with murder.

It sure looks like one of Aaron Hernandez's cohorts turned evidence against him. The prosecutions case against him is overwhelming in terms of his guilt.

He appears in terms of demeanor in court, like he's facing a shoplifting charge. He couldn't appear less concerned. He appears emotionless.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-26-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Seamos directos: lo mandaron a la mierda.

Seamos directos: lo mandaron a la mierda.
    Me parece hoy como si hubiera estado en una especie de infierno durante mucho tiempo.

Me parece hoy como si hubiera estado en una especie de infierno durante mucho tiempo.
    It's clear now that the prosecutions contention is that Aaron Hernandez orchestrated the formal execution of Odin Lloyd. That Aaron Hernandez should now be charged with 1st Degree murder and be held over for trial without any provision for bail.

Aaron Hernandez's defense is now contending with the prosecutions case against their client and that any case against Aaron Hernandez in the murder of Odin Lloyd is based on purely circumstantial evidence. That Aaron Hernandez should be released to his home immediately under bail.

The judge is deliberating at present on the defenses contentions. The judge has ruled that Aaron Hernandez, in consideration that this is a 1st degree murder charge (amongst a total of six charges against Aaron Hernandez); be held over in jail for trial without bail. The other five (5) charges are all gun related.

The defense will contend formally with this 'no bail' judgement.

This young man has certainly shed a whole lot of darkness on his life. This is very sad for anyone who believed in him. He's now charged with a murder and will be deemed innocent until proven guilty. The case against him at first hand seem certainly to be circumstantial. it does appear now that Aaron hernandez was specifically instructed by his legal team to remain at his residence. As an arrest would be imminent and that the next step following that would be to seek bail, if in fact he was arraigned for any crime.

You get it first here at Packerrats.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 06-26-2013 at 03:03 PM.