Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: So... Aaron Hernandez

SEC: Go pro or go prison.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Andrew Brandt: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...-patriots-cap/

There are a lot of times I don't pay much attention to Brandt, but his breakdown of the costs involved in the Pats cutting Hernandez is better than I've seen elsewhere.

Anyone remember who is the Packer that Brandt is referring to?

Similarly, I remember once in Green Bay being notified of a player's serious encounter with the law, although not a murder charge. We looked at the information and decided, at that moment, that there was no way on God's green earth that the player would play for us again. The transaction/release was made soon after that.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Chmura?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Chmura?
    possibly - he joined the Packers in '99, Chmura's arrest was in 2000. The only other player that might qualify in Corey Rodgers in 2005.

Here's a list of Packer's arrested back to 2000. Pretty short list!
    http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrest...e=&CPIorderBy=
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Yup, Chmura definitely is the only one who meets the never-on-Gods-green-earth standard!

I forgot about Marco Rivera getting busted for doing 95 in a 45 and then blowing a .19%. That had Albert Haynesworth potential right there.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Andrew Brandt: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...-patriots-cap/

There are a lot of times I don't pay much attention to Brandt, but his breakdown of the costs involved in the Pats cutting Hernandez is better than I've seen elsewhere.
    The thing that bothers me about this is that the Pats will still likely have to pay this SOB over $6M (deferred bonus and guaranteed salary). He doesn't deserve it and neither do his lawyers. Sure some good chunk of it could go to the victim's family in a wrongful death suit, but the dead guy was clearly an associate of Hernandez, so was he really the kind of guy who was worth anything?
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Yup, Chmura definitely is the only one who meets the never-on-Gods-green-earth standard!

I forgot about Marco Rivera getting busted for doing 95 in a 45 and then blowing a .19%. That had Albert Haynesworth potential right there.
    Yeah, but Marco was TOUGH AS NAILS to get to that .19.

In other, happier, news, Aaron Hernandez has cleared waivers. All a team needs to do to sign him is give him the State Bar Lawyer Referral phone number and $120.

Plus have a hearing with Roger Goodell on how you have disappointed him.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 11m
    NFL won't act on Hernandez until someone tries to sign him http://wp.me/p14QSB-9cKP
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The thing that bothers me about this is that the Pats will still likely have to pay this SOB over $6M (deferred bonus and guaranteed salary). He doesn't deserve it and neither do his lawyers. Sure some good chunk of it could go to the victim's family in a wrongful death suit, but the dead guy was clearly an associate of Hernandez, so was he really the kind of guy who was worth anything?
    Hard to know, guilty by association? In any case, one silver lining in this weird and pathetic story of shooting your friends and bungling the coverups is that the Patriots will take a significant cap hit for Hernandez in '13 and '14.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Did I forget to attach the sarcasm icon to my post?

The Pats's quick trigger in releasing him = strategy for recouping part of signing bonus before it all finds its way into his defense teams pockets.
    All water under the bridge now, because as pb pointed out above, he cleared waivers
    /says Guiness, continuing his pointless harassment of 'lower case h' hoosier
    --

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Yeah, but Marco was TOUGH AS NAILS to get to that .19.

In other, happier, news, Aaron Hernandez has cleared waivers. All a team needs to do to sign him is give him the State Bar Lawyer Referral phone number and $120.

Plus have a hearing with Roger Goodell on how you have disappointed him.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 11m
    NFL won't act on Hernandez until someone tries to sign him http://wp.me/p14QSB-9cKP
    Best comment from that story:
    “But Hernandez clearing waivers is another extraordinary development”

No, if a team was dumb enough to claim him on waivers, that would have been an extraordinary development.
    --

Ok, we can move on from all of this - he didn't do it. His mom says so.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...these-charges/
    --

23 yrs. old and living a life millions of young athletes will only dream about! And now looking at life w/o parole. SAD!! Pathetic!!

Really makes you wonder what all happened that night that made him want to get his "friend" out of the picture. Nobody but him will probably ever know the whole truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    No, if a team was dumb enough to claim him on waivers, that would have been an extraordinary development.
    LMFAO!!!!
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007 View Post
    23 yrs. old and living a life millions of young athletes will only dream about! And now looking at life w/o parole. SAD!! Pathetic!!

Really makes you wonder what all happened that night that made him want to get his "friend" out of the picture. Nobody but him will probably ever know the whole truth.
    Sounds to me like Hernando had fantasies about being Tony Montana.

Reports are that Hernandez is also being investigated for a double murder in 2012. A theory is that Lloyd knew about the murders, and might have been killed to shut him up.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...stigation.html

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...r-murders.html

Methinks they're damn pissed about the destroying of the evidence.
    Word out of Pats camp is Belicheat is embarrassed his own player didn't know how to destroy a tape.

There's also the thing in Florida about shooting a guy in the face.
    Not an issue. The Supreme Court just passed a law making at least some homosexual activity legal.

Speaking of which, I think the Pats cut him knowing, guilty or innocent, he was spending some time in jail. They need a tight end and he will probably be a wide receiver after a few days in jail.

The scary thing for Hernandez is he's probably going to go to maximum security prison. When the population you live in is 50% true psychopaths, nothing he's ever done in this world that gave him so much will matter. Psychopaths don't care about anything, don't respect anything. They're soulless bodies, and that's where Hernandez is going to live.

Being hispanic, being strong, being young, being an athlete, you hope for his sake he'll become the leader or at least a member of one of the groups of people who aren't psychopathic. In that case, he'll have protection from the population of psychopathic loners.

Either way, his life is about to change for the very worst. It might be worse than being shot 3 times, then getting two more to the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post

Being hispanic, being strong, being young, being an athlete, you hope for his sake he'll become the leader or at least a member of one of the groups of people who aren't psychopathic. In that case, he'll have protection from the population of psychopathic loners.
    How is he different from them? Several articles described him as a loner on the Pats, one who never did anything with his team mates and had run-ins with a couple. Now he is being investigated for two more murders. He might be just another of those that you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How is he different from them? Several articles described him as a loner on the Pats, one who never did anything with his team mates and had run-ins with a couple. Now he is being investigated for two more murders. He might be just another of those that you describe.
    He might. Somehow I doubt it though. I have a brother who's a psychopath. There's a difference between people who do bad things and people who have no soul who also do bad things. Psychopath's are rare. I don't know the number, but maybe half of murderers are psychopaths. There are plenty of really sick people who commit murder yet aren't psychopaths.

And this is all a hunch, but I have a psychopathic brother, a year and a half younger than me, and they are expressionless babies who don't want to be touched, held, soothed, smiled at, played with or anything. They grow up into expressionless children who don't want to be touched (and also exhibit extreme cruelty to other people and life in general) then they learn how to pretend to fit in (something they have become actors to accomplish, but not even good actors as people naturally assume the best. Psychopaths find this to be too easy, and almost funny that people assume good in others) then they commit horrible wrongs to society in one form or another, then they die, thank god. I look at pictures of Hernandez, and to be honest, this is just a gut instinct from someone who's looked into empty, soulless eyes, but he seems to be a person to me. A scared, back against the wall person more comparable to a wild animal trapped in a corner than a regular person, but a person none-the-less. I know what empty eyes look like. I know what a voice, completely void of soul sounds like. I don't get any of that impression from Hernandez. He comes off as a really sick person to me, and a person I wouldn't want to suffer, yet would want taken completely away from society. If he's going to die, I think he deserves a quick death, similar to a wild animal that needs to be taken out for protections sake. If he's going to prison, I think he deserves a chance to live there and grow as a person. What price can he pay that will brink anything back? There is no price. But maybe he can learn from his mistakes and be a positive influence on some other people who go to prison, but will get out some day. You never know. Everything is going to be taken from him. All he can do now is help the world, not hurt it.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 06-28-2013 at 11:21 AM.