Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: So... Aaron Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Comparable value then or now?
    If you bought a replica jersey with silk screen numbers, you're probably not going to get an authentic jersey with embroidered numbers. I suspect that's what they meant.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Interesting to me is how it is looking like these guys were making a habit of this, with the police linking 2 other killings to them, and a shooting in Florida, but they seem to be incredibly inept at it. Starting with how easily the body was found...leaving spent shell casings in rental cars? Using a gun that there is a picture of you holding floating around the internet?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Nobody said they were smart.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with JH here in terms of world perspective but I don't feel comfortable making a character judgement on Hernandez or what he deserves other than to lose his freedom if he's in fact guilty. This isn't a ghetto kid from the wire, he's had a network of coaches and teammates as a support group for years. He's had college and opportunity. He's had focus, meaning, things to look forward to, and professional success. Maybe he's got no social conscience, maybe he's just unfathomably stupid. I'm not even sure which is worse. Go directly to jail, do not collect $200.

Again though I suspect roid rage. I'm of the sort that believes or wants to believe that it takes a chemical imbalance to do this kind of thing. The kind of chemical imbalance that comes from a professional sport where in all reality PED's are probably near mandatory to play the game. I hope Goodell gets stuck holding this shit bomb.
    I've seen you make this type of comment twice now. Forgive my ignorance as I haven't closely followed the PED discussion between the league and the NFLPA, but isn't the NFLPA balking on PED testing because of distrust in Goodell stemming from the bounty fiasco?

My understanding was that the league had agreed to third party arbitrators regarding appeals of positive PED tests but the NFLPA was trying to push for third party arbitrators of all appeals - disciplinary, etc. You can argue that pushback is warranted after Bountygate, but I'm just wondering which of the league's PED testing suggestions you are in disagreement with. Again, sorry to go off topic but I'm looking for more information.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post

Being hispanic, being strong, being young, being an athlete, you hope for his sake he'll become the leader or at least a member of one of the groups of people who aren't psychopathic. In that case, he'll have protection from the population of psychopathic loners.
    Guy on NFL radio said the opposite is true. He will be a marked man. The guy who kicks his butt will rise in esteem throughout the prison. There will be lots of psycho wanting to move up the pecking order by taking a famous athelete down to size. Guy says, he will likely be in soliatary and have little contact with other prisoners for his own safety.

Maybe you can lose some sleep for the dead babies of Heroshema and Nagasaki, Patler? Probably not. They deserved it for crossing us. But I'll bet you celebrate every military holiday where the poor soldiers died for your cause. For fucks sake, get some perspective, people.
    I'm not sure where this came from, JH.

You posted a thought that Hernandez wasn't like the many sociopaths who populate our prisons. I suggested that maybe he is actually one of them. I have no proof, and offered no conclusion, just the possibility that he is.

I then wrote that IF he committed the crime as alleged, a planned and calculated (albeit poorly) execution of a quasi friend who was apparently the boyfriend of his sister-in-law to be, and/or murdered the two others in 2012, for which he is now being investigated, I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep worrying about how comfortable he is in prison. After all, these weren't murders committed in a moment of passion or anger. They were planned events from which he had time to back away.

That's it. Nothing more. From that you have apparently concluded that I have no feelings for the lives of women and children lost in war. You imply that I revel in knowledge of the dead babies and children. Well, I knew personally a great many lives that were lost in war, some close to me, all combatants. Not only do I grieve those that I knew and the others "on our side", I assure you that I also grieve the innocent women, children and noncombatants. Now, a bit of enlightenment for you: I also grieve the enemy soldiers, most of whom were no different than us. They were simply born in a different country, in a different culture. For that stroke of fate, we killed them and they killed us. We could just as well have been comrades in arms on one side or the other.

I am insulted to the very core of my being that you would accuse me of being otherwise.

Now, do I have the same compassion for Hernandez if he committed the murders as alleged? If I am honest with myself, the answer is no. Did I have the same compassion for Jeffrey Dahmer? Again, the answer is no. Did I wish Dahmer to be killed in prison, or do I hope that harm will come to Hernandez? Of course not.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, that you typed without thinking.
    But I assure you this, you have gone very far out of line with your accusations and analogies in the response I quoted and others at about the same time. Calm down and we can have a discussion. Continue with over the line personal accusations, and we can not have a discussion. It's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesner View Post
    Guy on NFL radio said the opposite is true. He will be a marked man. The guy who kicks his butt will rise in esteem throughout the prison. There will be lots of psycho wanting to move up the pecking order by taking a famous athelete down to size. Guy says, he will likely be in soliatary and have little contact with other prisoners for his own safety.
    I've heard of that type of situation before. It is, of course, wholly unfair; but what about prison life is fair?

When Dahmer was killed shortly after going to prison, some asked why he was in the general population, because kid-killers are notorious targets.

What does a sniper think when he's shooting a 17 year old Iraqi boy in the face? Does he think about that 17 year old boy getting up feeding his little brother and baby sister before he went out to do what he had to do for the day, or is he trained not to think about those types of things, not to let them cross his mind. The military can condition normal people into cold-blooded killers. Why can't certain cultures and upbringings do the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    If you really believe all this, then you really are a clueless tool.
    His post was well-reasoned. Yours was not. What could you possibly disagree with? Our snipers love the cloud of pink mist that means one less kid will drop an RPG on one of our vehicles. And they love their children. Your comment shows a typical low-information mindset.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

What does a sniper think when he's shooting a 17 year old Iraqi boy in the face? Does he think about that 17 year old boy getting up feeding his little brother and baby sister before he went out to do what he had to do for the day, or is he trained not to think about those types of things, not to let them cross his mind. The military can condition normal people into cold-blooded killers. Why can't certain cultures and upbringings do the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    If you really believe all this, then you really are a clueless tool.
    Yeah, our military people are the good guys. The guys we kill are bad. Keep on believing that, idiot.

It's the realities of war, same as killing in certain parts of our country is realities of life. People do what they have to do and sometimes they do more than what they have to do when they feel pressured, desperate or maybe they just want to shock and awe somebody, you know, make a point to get out of the way, right. Intimidation is a power tool. It gets a point across. Death is the ultimate threat. It usually gets the point across. Not always, but usually.
    Now I'm not sure where we are in your point of view. I thought I agreed with everything in your first post, but if you don't see our warrior as the good guy I've got a problem.

However, leaving aside the morality of the military mission, you are absolutely right that our warriors are trained to feel zero remorse at killing the enemy according the rules of engagement.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Seems as though things are a bit intense in this thread.
    "In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey."

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesner View Post
    He would be targeted. Unless he was taken in by a group/gang. But he would likely be alone like you said. I thought dalmer was also in solitary and they still got to him so it probably doesn't matter.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by packer4life View Post
    Seems as though things are a bit intense in this thread.
    Patler is a pro and understands JH is actually the sick brother he is talking about.

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    I wonder how Tom Brady feels about his receiving corps now. Lost Welker, Hernandez and Gronk is questionable with his back and arm. There's 3 targets he knew like the back of his hand. As for Hernandez' jersey, the Pats should hire that Packer fan who turned Bert's # 4 into a Havner 41. It's going to be tough but that man had talent!

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    He would be targeted. Unless he was taken in by a group/gang. But he would likely be alone like you said. I thought dalmer was also in solitary and they still got to him so it probably doesn't matter.
    Dahmer was in isolation for a while, but had been transferred to the general prison population. He survived an attempted slashing, but was left in the general population. He, Jesse Anderson who murdered his wife in a mall parking lot and blamed it on muggers and a third convicted murder were left alone on a cleaning detail, without a guard. The third guy bludgeoned both Dahmer and Anderson.

I apologize, Patler. I don't think I was even responding to you, it was the guy who called me a moron or idiot, or whatever it was. Not my proudest moment.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Good god, max prison sounds horrible.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Dahmer was in isolation for a while, but had been transferred to the general prison population. He survived an attempted slashing, but was left in the general population. He, Jesse Anderson who murdered his wife in a mall parking lot and blamed it on muggers and a third convicted murder were left alone on a cleaning detail, without a guard. The third guy bludgeoned both Dahmer and Anderson.
    I always speculated that Dahmer was put in general for that very reason, I.e.: the prison bosses wanted prison justice.

Re: Aaron Hernandez comparable value.

The value involved is actual fabric that the pros wear made street ready for the civilians.

I bet you it is style for style.

Wonder if I can get a Jim Plunkett?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisWilliams23 View Post
    I wonder how Tom Brady feels about his receiving corps now. Lost Welker, Hernandez and Gronk is questionable with his back and arm. There's 3 targets he knew like the back of his hand. As for Hernandez' jersey, the Pats should hire that Packer fan who turned Bert's # 4 into a Havner 41. It's going to be tough but that man had talent!
    The amount of receptions from those 3 are sick last year; TB cannot be happy. I don't understand how they would let Welker walk.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The amount of receptions from those 3 are sick last year; TB cannot be happy. I don't understand how they would let Welker walk.
    Age and cost. Amendola is Welker but younger, though with more injuries in the previous year and a half.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.