Thread: Bad locker room in Miami?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Im good with that if you are paying me $4.5 million to deal with it. Buck up buttercup, keep your head down and have your agent talk to the GM saying it is hostile to you there and you would quietly like to be moved. Dont make demands and dont run away. A Bully LOVES it when you run.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Im good with that if you are paying me $4.5 million to deal with it. Buck up buttercup, keep your head down and have your agent talk to the GM saying it is hostile to you there and you would quietly like to be moved. Dont make demands and dont run away. A Bully LOVES it when you run.
    So for $4.5 million, how many years would you volunteer to subject yourself to this?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I dunno, 6 or 7 big fat greasy fuckers picking on you every day?

Might be a pretty tough sled.

His parents have $, maybe he just couldn't hack it anymore.

Remember, never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

That way, you're a mile away from him and have stolen his shoes.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So for $4.5 million, how many years would you volunteer to subject yourself to this?
    To make $4.8 million dollars it would take me, in todays money, a shade under 38 years, I would have no problem doing this for his 4 years and then retire. Call me a whore I dont care I am in business to pay for my son, wife and myself, it is about the money.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

To make $4.8 million dollars it would take me, in todays money, a shade under 38 years, I would have no problem doing this for his 4 years and then retire. Call me a whore I dont care I am in business to pay for my son, wife and myself, it is about the money.
    Well, you may have hit upon a key point. Two of them, actually.

He has already pocketed 1 and 1/2 year's salary and his signing bonus (nearly $2 million). And he went to a good school, is probably pretty bright and has good prospects with his parents occupations and connections. So, by your financial calculations, he is already ahead enough to tell the Dolphins and the problematic players to get stuffed.

He doesn't need it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Im good with that if you are paying me $4.5 million to deal with it. Buck up buttercup, keep your head down and have your agent talk to the GM saying it is hostile to you there and you would quietly like
    to be moved. Dont make demands and dont run away. A Bully LOVES it when you run.
    Yeah, but they love it when you "tattle". I'm willing to bet that he's talked to his agent about it and that the agent has broached the subject with the team. But if the team believes he's a good enough performer and they want him around, that may not be so easy and maybe nothing is getting done. So he escalated it with a "fuck off assholes".

But we don't know what the real story is. Maybe he really is just easily offended and this is the due course of NFL rookie hazing. Could be. There are only a few known facts attached to the case and now the "bullying" narrative has been spun by the media, so it's sending all speculation into the stratosphere because that appellation today has more baggage than Immelda Marcos.

One last thing: when you put a dollar amount on your dignity, you become a whore. Some people are fine with that. Some aren't. So it goes.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Apparently this did show up a bit on Hard Knocks, he earned the nickname during that show.

More to this, it remains to be seen if we'll hear any of it. A couple of players have come out and said there was nothing going on
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nathan-martin/
    but there had to be something. Garner saying "it was just normal stuff" is a pretty stock statement that assholes in situations like this will say, "we were just fooling around". It also acknowledges that there was something going on.

What was the "something" though? Playing pro football has to be an insanely stressful way to live. I'm sure the players blow off some steam by fooling around and pulling pranks. Maybe he just couldn't handle the environment, or maybe he really was piled on.

A Stanford graduate with two Harvard educated parents certainly had to stand out in that environment. I found myself in a pretty bad situation a few years ago...making damn good money at a job I enjoyed. Problem was it was pretty isolated and I was the only Canadian in a crew of mostly Scotsman. They definitely ganged up on me, and there were some times I was close to walking away from it all and just taking my chances with what came up next.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Apparently this did show up a bit on Hard Knocks, he earned the nickname during that show.

More to this, it remains to be seen if we'll hear any of it. A couple of players have come out and said there was nothing going on
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nathan-martin/
    but there had to be something. Garner saying "it was just normal stuff" is a pretty stock statement that assholes in situations like this will say, "we were just fooling around". It also acknowledges that there was something going on.

What was the "something" though? Playing pro football has to be an insanely stressful way to live. I'm sure the players blow off some steam by fooling around and pulling pranks. Maybe he just couldn't handle the environment, or maybe he really was piled on.

A Stanford graduate with two Harvard educated parents certainly had to stand out in that environment. I found myself in a pretty bad situation a few years ago...making damn good money at a job I enjoyed. Problem was it was pretty isolated and I was the only Canadian in a crew of mostly Scotsman. They definitely ganged up on me, and there were some times I was close to walking away from it all and just taking my chances with what came up next.
    Roger all that, espec the bit about the Scotties.

With his background, he probably wasn't used to the trash talking that goes on in the Midwest and the dirty South. Some of this all might be a culture shock thing.

About the Scotsman, we had two Scotties that joined my old rugby team. Those two pricks started bullying the other 30 guys! They were especially rascist and were brutal to our Black players. We soon had a bomb party at the next practice. We beat 'em bloody, but it didn't slow 'em down enuff. Them Highlanders ain't real brainy fellows. So we did another round at the next practice and they stopped.

To a Scot, bullying and rugby seem to be the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Roger all that, espec the bit about the Scotties.

With his background, he probably wasn't used to the trash talking that goes on in the Midwest and the dirty South. Some of this all might be a culture shock thing.

About the Scotsman, we had two Scotties that joined my old rugby team. Those two pricks started bullying the other 30 guys! They were especially rascist and were brutal to our Black players. We soon had a bomb party at the next practice. We beat 'em bloody, but it didn't slow 'em down enuff. Them Highlanders ain't real brainy fellows. So we did another round at the next practice and they stopped.

To a Scot, bullying and rugby seem to be the same thing.
    Sounds about right re: the Scotties

Drill crew of about 20 guys, more than half Scotsmen. These guys were earning well over anything they could make elsewhere, and were generally fearful of losing their jobs which would probably have cut their earning potential by about 75%. A couple of guys were re-assigned for training and they were pretty much in tears. I was an outsider, probably slotted to eventually become their boss, didn't understand a lot of their slang and culture, so I became a target, there were physical threats and challenges. Luckily for me, I drank with the Russians and got on well with them.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

This would have been my approach as well, but I am over 40 and have some years under the belt. I was non confrontational as a young man and went from taking it to whooping some ass with nothing in between.

I can see his point of view. The team, teammates, no one wants to stand up and take my side so I will take my most valuable asset away to punish you....my play on the field.

Sadly I was more confrontational for others than for myself when I was young, I likely would have tried to help the kid out, but in his situation I would have likely had a blood bath and gotten a bad rep at that age.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.