Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad locker room in Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    This is the kind of adults we are raising...oh boo fucking hoo you got picked on for being different get the hell over it and make your millions and shut the hell up!
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I watched it and I don't remember anything really.

Just glancing over their roster, trying to figure out who's been picking on Martin. My money is on Incognito and Pouncey.
    Incognito is being investigated for his role in this. No surprise there. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...an-martin-case
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Incognito is being investigated for his role in this. No surprise there. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...an-martin-case
    Incognito isn't, and I'm betting Pouncey's name is the next one mentioned.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Is he gay? What else can grown men w Harvard pedigree get panties in bunch about via ribbing?

ok I see I was late w my assumption....

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Incognito isn't, and I'm betting Pouncey's name is the next one mentioned.
    Frank Schwab ‏@YahooSchwab 1h
    ESPN with some allegations toward Richie Incognito for intimidating Jonathan Martin, including that he made Martin give $15k to a.Vegas trip

Frank Schwab ‏@YahooSchwab 1h
    A trip that Martin didn't go on, btw. ESPN says there are texts and a voicemail that show pattern of intimidation. Interesting

CBS has Incog as the main guy and Pouncey also involved...
    http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...uld-be-lengthy
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    So a rookie has to chip in on an annual Vegas Trip that is team building but he doesn't go he should still have to pay that's his right of passage. We always hear about rooks getting stuck spending cash on the vets.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    So a rookie has to chip in on an annual Vegas Trip that is team building but he doesn't go he should still have to pay that's his right of passage. We always hear about rooks getting stuck spending cash on the vets.
    $15,000. ???? Buying a turkey or snuff is one thing, but $15,000? That's flat out extortion.

How long does the guy remain a rookie? I don't know when the trip was, but I assume it was in the off season. His "rookiedom" should have stopped by then. Apparently half way through his second season, there was no let-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    $15,000. ???? Buying a turkey or snuff is one thing, but $15,000? That's flat out extortion.

How long does the guy remain a rookie? I don't know when the trip was, but I assume it was in the off season. His "rookiedom" should have stopped by then. Apparently half way through his second season, there was no let-up.
    I wonder what KFC wings are costing Boyd and Jones weekly this year? Probably not a thousand a week.

Rodgers and the O lineman took Bach out to eat and gave him a phony $10,000 bill. Rodgers and Co. then teased him mercilessly for believing such an outrageous bill for 8-10 guys.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    That's flat out extortion.
    thats the exact word that came to my mind when i was reading about this story

if true, incognito should end up in jail

Had the totals wrong in Bach hazing dinner. It was an $11,000 dummy bill for 13 players in St. Louis during preseason. No details on how much the actual bill was.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/...9311&is_corp=1

On the other hand, its now easier to believe why Incognito was always voted by players as one of the dirtiest. His teammates were helping elect him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Fuck these guys. Intimidated and threatened by a dude who is 30 IQ points smarter than they are so they attack, attack, attack.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I wonder what KFC wings are costing Boyd and Jones weekly this year? Probably not a thousand a week.

Rodgers and the O lineman took Bach out to eat and gave him a phony $10,000 bill. Rodgers and Co. then teased him mercilessly for believing such an outrageous bill for 8-10 guys.
    Hard to run that sort of a bill up at Applebee's!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Hard to run that sort of a bill up at Applebee's!
    You mean they didn't eat at Favre's Steakhouse?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Incognito suspended indefinitely by the Dolphins.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Incognito suspended indefinitely by the Dolphins.
    Whoa.

Based on what little that can be gleaned from this, I can't imagine Martin can return to that team. Nor can I imagine that Philbin can succeed as coach. If the league has to step in on something which should have been handled internally, I think he's lost that locker room.

Lots of speculation and emoting going on in this thread. I'll just wait for the facts.

It's quite possible that the situation isn't as sensational as it warrants. Did Martin overreact? I guess we will know when the details come out.

However, since the Dolphins suspended Incognito indefinitely, I think they owe their fans at least a cursory explanation of why they took that action. They won't provide one, probably under orders from the NFL legal brass, so we just have to wait and hope that the league will do a better job on this one than they did in the "Bounty-gate" scandal.

I can't imagine they would have suspended Incognito "indefinitely" without clear evidence of actions very much over the top of what is acceptable. They have to be very sure about what went on, and it must have been extreme.

It must have been extreme for a guy to react like he did and feel he had to leave the premises. Philbin has a big mess on his hands and he didn't handle it well at all. I can't imagine Joe had no clue this kind of crap wasn't going on.