Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
I'd be curious to see what his rankings of safeties from previous years look like -- it would be a decent gauge of whether he's accurate or not.
I thought last year was supposed to be a bad year for safety, and IIRC the year before wasn't touted as that great either. My sense is that it's a little better than last year, probably about how it was 2 years ago.

To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what a good draft for safety does look like. Usually there are 2-3 that get taken in the top 50 picks, and that will be the case again this year IMO.

Pretty sure Tahj Boyd was the guy who a GB scout was quoted as calling more or less undraftable, but I think that was based on Senior Bowl practices and game where he struggled (7-16 31 yds 1 Int) and the fact that he's under 6'1". Had good WRs at Clemson (Watkins, Bryant, DeAndre Hopkins) who could beat most secondaries. I think Boyd is rated about a R5 or R6 pick and if you're looking for a backup with mobility and good character he's your guy. I don't think he's accurate enough to come in the middle of the 3Q of a game and rally a team to win in the pros. I'd rather spend a R5/6 pick on another player.
http://www.draftace.com/player-ranki...13-rankings-2/

elam- 87
cyprien- 86
Shamarko Thomas- 84
D.J. Swearinger- 87
Kenny Vaccaro- 84
Eric Reid- 84

so he has both clinton dix and pryor ranked higher then all the safeties last year and he has jimmy ward rated just as highly as anyone last year

the link for the 2012 ratings are broken or something, but the 2011 ratings work and he only had one guy with a rating above 80