Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    1. He doesn't run good routes yet. He'll take time to develop for useful gain in the NFL On top of this he runs a 4.61 40 yard dash and he's not strong with 13 rep's - bench.

See talk about a conversion to TE. Looking at film. Will he be a decent blocker? I see him as a project and our 1st Rd. pick needs to produce in 2014.

You don't have the run the best routes when you have a catching radius of a NBA center.

2. He catches the ball with his body.

No he doesn't, he actually has strong hands. He is similar to T.O. with drop passes though

3. He blows pass's and is especially weak on low throws (see his height)

I don't even know what you mean by he blows pass's but why would you throw the ball low to him when he can out jump any corner?

4. He needs to get stronger. Bench = 13 reps.

Sammy Watkins put up 16 and Mike Evans put up 12 reps...those are the top 2 WRs in the draft btw while your boy Beckham put up 7.

5. Will he be a WR/TE tweener !? Ted Thompson won't consider a tweener in Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    1. He doesn't run good routes yet. He'll take time to develop for useful gain in the NFL On top of this he runs a 4.61 40 yard dash and he's not strong with 13 rep's - bench.

See talk about a conversion to TE. Looking at film. Will he be a decent blocker? I see him as a project and our 1st Rd. pick needs to produce in 2014.

You don't have the run the best routes when you have a catching radius of a NBA center.

2. He catches the ball with his body.

No he doesn't, he actually has strong hands. He is similar to T.O. with drop passes though

3. He blows pass's and is especially weak on low throws (see his height)

I don't even know what you mean by he blows pass's but why would you throw the ball low to him when he can out jump any corner?

4. He needs to get stronger. Bench = 13 reps.

Sammy Watkins put up 16 and Mike Evans put up 12 reps...those are the top 2 WRs in the draft btw while your boy Beckham put up 7.

5. Will he be a WR/TE tweener !? Ted Thompson won't consider a tweener in Rd.

I've never claimed that Ted Thompson is infallible to error. See Nick Perry and "where does he belong now on our roster? Also.... see almost our entire DL. Does that excite you in terms of our current roster? A lot would have to jell this season for that DL to turn up effectively. I see a load of pieces and not much to describe as a whole.

From "a Scouting Report" on Nick Perry:

** " Played right defensive end in Monte Kiffin’s four-man front Tampa-2 defense where he is expected to be one of the four defenders up front to pressure the quarterback. "

** " May be[ best suited for a 4-3 scheme. "

Nick Perry isn't a tweener as much as he's best suited at DE in a 4-3 'D'.

Somehow Ted Thompson fell in love with him. By all means ...Ted Thompson may pick your guy.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-27-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau