Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I am going on record right now that Carr goes to NE with their 1st round pick. I am assuming he is the QB that gets to them, but if its one of the other "4" then I think they will draft whichever is available.
    you think they don't like Mallett?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    you think they don't like Mallett?
    No reason to think they don't, and since he's still on the team I think they like him fine. If he's there, their phone rings and they move back to the top of the second.

I don't see that happening though. The scenario I envision is some of the teams at the top of the draft passing on a QB the first time around then trading back into the end of the first round once a QB goes off the board and they know a run is going to start. One of the teams I could see starting the run would be the Jets at #18 (they have to know Smith is a bomb), which would put the Pack in a good spot. It could start as late at Cleveland's second first round pick at #26, but I don't see that happening.

This would mean the players that go at the top of the first would be Watkins, Clowney, Mathews, Robinson, Mack...
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...