Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Biggest needs to me are safety and I would really like to find a tall, strong, ILB that can cover TE's over the middle.
    Thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    Biggest needs to me are safety and I would really like to find a tall, strong, ILB that can cover TE's over the middle.
    Do you like this guy?

" With his close-cropped hair, fierce forward lean and an intimidating glare that all but transmits a red aiming dot to his intended target, the 6-foot-3, 245-pound (Max) Bullough comes from the mold of the iconic middle linebackers that pop into our consciousness without even having to say their names."

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...110513aab.html

The Bullough Legacy Continues

Max Bullough brings the same Bullough toughness to a new generation of football.

165 Max Bullough ILB 8 Michigan State Sr 6' - 3" and 245 lbs

Wears Jersey NO. 40 ... a 5th Rd. Projection

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...gh_716508.html

** in his third season as Michigan State's starting middle linebacker . . . Elected captain by his teammates for the second-straight year; is just the third Spartan under Dantonio to be named a captain at least twice .

** 284 career tackles in 50 games,

** ranks among the FBS active leaders in tackles (25th with 284)

** a team-high 37 consecutive starts

** A first-team All-Big Ten selection by the coaches and a second-team pick by the media as a junior in 2012 . . . named to the 2012 Capital One Academic All-America Second Team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America, for his 3.73 GPA in finance .

** A Family - third-generation Spartan

PRESEASON NOTES: Featured on preseason watch lists for the Bednarik (defensive player of the year), Butkus (nation's best linebacker) and Lombardi (nation's best lineman) Awards . . .

named to the Nagurski Trophy (defensive player of the year), Lott IMPACT Trophy and College Football Performance Awards Linebacker Trophy Watch Lists . . .

preseason All-America selection by Phil Steele's College Football Preview (second team) and Athlon Sports (third team) . . . '''

rated among the nation's top NFL Draft prospects in the Class of 2014 (No. 4 inside linebacker) by CBSSports.com . . .

ranks among the nation's top inside linebackers (No. 5) by Lindy's . . .

preseason first-team All-Big Ten selection by Phil Steele, Athlon Sports and Lindy's.

Comment wooodbuck27:

I want Ted Thompson and his Draft Staff and Green Bay Packer Scouts to have one word in mind as the focus for drafting over the next few years.

That word is TOUGHNESS !

I want to see TT draft prospects that play TOUGH and MEAN !

I'm aware of this:

For incidents that occurred in the 34–30 win over the Green Bay Packers in week 3 of the 2013 season, (Vontaze) Burfict was fined a total of $31,000.[39] He had hit a defenseless receiver (James Jones) and struck an opponent in the groin (Ryan Taylor).

So many Packer fans didn't see prudence in picking a College Prospect like the Bengals Vontaze Burfect !? The entire NFL missed on this guy who's been nothing short of sensational as an NFL player to date.

What's his status on the Bengals Defensive Depth Chart and overall in the NFL today? He's bad ass 'really good' and leads the NFL this season in Tackles with 118 and *** that's 6 more than the number two tackler Kiko Alonzo of the Bills at 112 tackles. A whopping 22 more tackles than the #3 tackler, Demeco Ryans of the Eagles.

Leading Tacklers in 2013:

*** http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

I'm just sick of seeing TT select paper doll prospects. I want him to have an eye and mind out for tough/durable prospects on both sides of the ball moving forward.

I'm sick of reading about just how much 'bad luck' is with Green Bay Packer players.

Bad Luck or lacking in grit/toughness/durability.

It's surely nothing to do with defensive players and contact.

It's not a dance out there .... it's FUCKING NFL football. It's about mean and tough.

Bring that back to the Green Bay Packers Ted Thompson.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-20-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Do you like this guy?

" With his close-cropped hair, fierce forward lean and an intimidating glare that all but transmits a red aiming dot to his intended target, the 6-foot-3, 245-pound (Max) Bullough comes from the mold of the iconic middle linebackers that pop into our consciousness without even having to say their names."

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...110513aab.html

The Bullough Legacy Continues

Max Bullough brings the same Bullough toughness to a new generation of football.

165 Max Bullough ILB 8 Michigan State Sr 6' - 3" and 245 lbs

Wears Jersey NO. 40 ... a 5th Rd. Projection

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...gh_716508.html

** in his third season as Michigan State's starting middle linebacker . . . Elected captain by his teammates for the second-straight year; is just the third Spartan under Dantonio to be named a captain at least twice .

** 284 career tackles in 50 games,

** ranks among the FBS active leaders in tackles (25th with 284)

** a team-high 37 consecutive starts

** A first-team All-Big Ten selection by the coaches and a second-team pick by the media as a junior in 2012 . . . named to the 2012 Capital One Academic All-America Second Team, as selected by the College Sports Information Directors of America, for his 3.73 GPA in finance .

** A Family - third-generation Spartan

PRESEASON NOTES: Featured on preseason watch lists for the Bednarik (defensive player of the year), Butkus (nation's best linebacker) and Lombardi (nation's best lineman) Awards . . .

named to the Nagurski Trophy (defensive player of the year), Lott IMPACT Trophy and College Football Performance Awards Linebacker Trophy Watch Lists . . .

preseason All-America selection by Phil Steele's College Football Preview (second team) and Athlon Sports (third team) . . . '''

rated among the nation's top NFL Draft prospects in the Class of 2014 (No. 4 inside linebacker) by CBSSports.com . . .

ranks among the nation's top inside linebackers (No. 5) by Lindy's . . .

preseason first-team All-Big Ten selection by Phil Steele, Athlon Sports and Lindy's.

Comment wooodbuck27:

I want Ted Thompson and his Draft Staff and Green Bay Packer Scouts to have one word in mind as the focus for drafting over the next few years.

That word is TOUGHNESS !

I want to see TT draft prospects that play TOUGH and MEAN !

I'm aware of this:

For incidents that occurred in the 34–30 win over the Green Bay Packers in week 3 of the 2013 season, (Vontaze) Burfict was fined a total of $31,000.[39] He had hit a defenseless receiver (James Jones) and struck an opponent in the groin (Ryan Taylor).

So many Packer fans didn't see prudence in picking a College Prospect like the Bengals Vontaze Burfect !? The entire NFL missed on this guy who's been nothing short of sensational as an NFL player to date.

What's his status on the Bengals Defensive Depth Chart and overall in the NFL today? He's bad ass 'really good' and leads the NFL this season in Tackles with 118 and *** that's 6 more than the number two tackler Kiko Alonzo of the Bills at 112 tackles. A whopping 22 more tackles than the #3 tackler, Demeco Ryans of the Eagles.

Leading Tacklers in 2013:

*** http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

I'm just sick of seeing TT select paper doll prospects. I want him to have an eye and mind out for tough/durable prospects on both sides of the ball moving forward.

I'm sick of reading about just how much 'bad luck' is with Green Bay Packer players.

Bad Luck or lacking in grit/toughness/durability.

It's surely nothing to do with defensive players and contact.

It's not a dance out there .... it's FUCKING NFL football. It's about mean and tough.

Bring that back to the Green Bay Packers Ted Thompson.

GO PACK GO !
    Yes, but not in the first round. Brad Jones will get better but I would like youth and speed at ILB. Hawk and Jones are good tacklers though.
    Thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    Yes, but not in the first round. Brad Jones will get better but I would like youth and speed at ILB. Hawk and Jones are good tacklers though.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...kings/2014/all

2014 Top NFL Draft Prospects (updated 11/13/2013)

On this ranking Bullough is ranked at #165....or late Rd. 4 early Rd. 5.

Hawk and Jones are both playing good this season.

GO PACK !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau