Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am sure this rumor is airtight.

Birds 24/7 ‏@Birds247 33m
    Per a report, the Eagles are "very high" on Texas A&M WR Mike Evans and "would consider trading up to grab him." http://goo.gl/qxldSL
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am sure this rumor is airtight.

Birds 24/7 ‏@Birds247 33m
    Per a report, the Eagles are "very high" on Texas A&M WR Mike Evans and "would consider trading up to grab him." http://goo.gl/qxldSL

Here's the link to a Detroit News article in which the beat writer claims the Lions are seriously interested in Sammy Watkins, and are willing to trade up to get him:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0101/304120032

It appears that the Lions are "all in" for this year, so for those of you arguing that TT should act in the same aggressive manner, this may be a chance to see how that works.

Looks like the Lions might be willing to give up their #10, a third, and a first or second next year in order to secure Watkins at the #3 or 4 spot in the draft - much like Atlanta with Julio Jones.

As the Anti-Lions fan, I think I'd love to see them do this. Yes, they'd have automatically the best receiving corps in the league - Megatron, Golden (Shower) Tate, and Watkins, but in a deep draft, to give up a third rounder, then a first or second next year...that's a lot. And remember, the Lions' defense is suffering from a lack of depth and talent at the corner spot and linebacker. Oh, and the negotiations to re-negotiate Suh's contract (this would be the second time they've done it) are dragging on.

So this is a team that is rolling the dice for this year, it seems. They signed two free agents - oen big one (Tate), and one middlin' one (Idhegibo). They're using free agency to plug holes, like they did with Reggie Bush last year.

They're very tight against the cap, what with Suh being owed I don't know how many millions this year, plus Stafford and Bush and Calvin Johnson having big contracts.

So here's our lab experiment. Let's see if the Lions pull the trigger on this trade, and if so, how it works to try to win rightnow, future be damned.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Here's the link to a Detroit News article in which the beat writer claims the Lions are seriously interested in Sammy Watkins, and are willing to trade up to get him:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0101/304120032

It appears that the Lions are "all in" for this year, so for those of you arguing that TT should act in the same aggressive manner, this may be a chance to see how that works.

Looks like the Lions might be willing to give up their #10, a third, and a first or second next year in order to secure Watkins at the #3 or 4 spot in the draft - much like Atlanta with Julio Jones.

As the Anti-Lions fan, I think I'd love to see them do this. Yes, they'd have automatically the best receiving corps in the league - Megatron, Golden (Shower) Tate, and Watkins, but in a deep draft, to give up a third rounder, then a first or second next year...that's a lot. And remember, the Lions' defense is suffering from a lack of depth and talent at the corner spot and linebacker. Oh, and the negotiations to re-negotiate Suh's contract (this would be the second time they've done it) are dragging on.

So this is a team that is rolling the dice for this year, it seems. They signed two free agents - oen big one (Tate), and one middlin' one (Idhegibo). They're using free agency to plug holes, like they did with Reggie Bush last year.

They're very tight against the cap, what with Suh being owed I don't know how many millions this year, plus Stafford and Bush and Calvin Johnson having big contracts.

So here's our lab experiment. Let's see if the Lions pull the trigger on this trade, and if so, how it works to try to win rightnow, future be damned.
    Do they think they don't need a defense to win right now? Let them do it. Atlanta found out how well it works.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen