Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    here's a reason to draft players out of alabama

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-an-nfl-game/

they practice a lot harder then what NFL teams are allowed to do these days

this also makes a good argument for drafting senior players. the guys have gotten more contact practices in their final year of college then they would get in 5 or even 10 years of practices in the pros
    TT has been trying to sell Packer Nation on drafting Tier Two College players and bringing in UFA's and other FA'a that just have been totally lost and getting any real shot again in the NFL. Most of these TT Guys would crash and burn in the CFL.

Nope! Ted Thompson wastes another PS and/or Roster spot ... with FA's that can't even demonstrate any natural ability to make a simple tackle. More and ore it will become Packer nation saying NO MORE ! It simply has to get right there ASAP. If Ted Thompson isn't at all concerned about bringing in decent talent to support Aaron Rodgers...?

Then what does Ted Thompson really care about Aaron Rodgers and Packer TEAM advancing to another Super Bowl under his essential leadership....under his HC's essential decision making and leadership?

Where are these Packer leaders heads? TT's way would be about as well supported by simply walking up Main Street Green Bay and looking for a solid athletic looking chap and dragging him back to Lambeau field to take a closer look. He's be wasting as much time and effort on that as bringing in the "wanna be" NFL players that he does.

Actually looking at those he drafts and that miss time after time after time...

Maybe this minimal backup plan is used to cover up the fact he's actually not that Draft SMART as some Packer fans are still deluded into being.

The real issue with TT has all to do with what I believe is a damaged ego. Thus his too often decision to simply be invisible. That he can pull of "the Howard Hughes thing" is amazing to me. He literally disappears for weeks to almost months. Is there any other GM in Pro Sports like Ted Thompson and that? TT is a total reclusive. Is that right? Don't any of you care about Ted Thompson and that strangeness?

The issue with Ted Thompson is he's out to lunch in terms of adding real strength to the Green Bay Packers. He'd rather choose a Grade F player/prospect than a Grade C- >>> D Graded prospect player; because he has in place "HIS" Draft and Development Program... that's failing before our eyes.

That some fans remain confident it will again work is like walking on thin ice with the air bubbles right before your feet.

NOT WISE !!!

Well I always have said this: You pick your direction and you mend your own lumps.

My frustration will survive TT and MM. That's what inspires me every day as a dedicated Green Bay Packer fan,

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-25-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau