Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wonder who ends up with Johnny 'football' Manziel. I have a pretty strong feeling that the best thing about him is going to be his bobble head doll.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I wonder who ends up with Johnny 'football' Manziel. I have a pretty strong feeling that the best thing about him is going to be his bobble head doll.
    The 2 mock drafts at CBS have him going 3rd (Jacksonville) and 8th (Minnesota). He's one guy who will be watched real closely at the combine in terms of his team and press interviews, to see how he carries himself. A real boom or bust pick.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The 2 mock drafts at CBS have him going 3rd (Jacksonville) and 8th (Minnesota). He's one guy who will be watched real closely at the combine in terms of his team and press interviews, to see how he carries himself. A real boom or bust pick.
    I listened to so called NFL experts say that Matt Schaub is definitely done in Houston and Case Keenum would make a decent backup to some QB that the Texans will obviously pick. I was surprized when those fellas said because Johnny Manziel comes from Texas A & M he might be a logical pick for the Houston Texans because of the popularity he'll draw for that team.

He's a dual threat style of QB and arguably the best coming out of college. He made strides passing downfield this season. Manziel is 6' - 1" and 210 lbs.

If they go QB they might be better off looking at either:

** Good height for the NFL.

A) Teddy Bridgewater 6' -3 " and a tad light 193 lbs; Big East Rookie of the Year (2011); Freshman All-American (2011); Big East Offensive Player of the Year (2012) and
    Sugar Bowl MVP, 2013 (2012 season)

B) Blake Bortles ** 6' - 4" and 230 lbs ; C-USA Champion (2010); 2012 Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl MVP; The American Champion (2013) and The American Offensive Player of the Year (2013).

GO PACKERS ... GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-27-2013 at 09:53 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Woot, finally a new avatar
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.