Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
I'm sure the rankings will change about 50 times between now and the draft, but thanks for posting them. Will be interesting to see how they change.

Unless he does something really horrible, I think Tolzien has done enough to get himself an invite to camp as the backup QB. I'd like to see them bring Flynn back to be the competition. A full offseason, etc., will help both and should result in better QB depth next year. The loser of the Tolzien/Flynn competition then gets cut and TT finds some UDFA QB to stash/develop on the PS.

I think TT will go BPA, which based on the rankings doesn't look like it will be a S in R1. I don't watch much college football, so I can't stump for anyone specific...and honestly, I don't really care who they are as long as they come in, play well and stay healthy.

As for the FA's
On the DL, I don't think Pickett(age), Jolly(past) or Wilson(ok vs.run, jag otherwise) will get a ton of interest. Neal might, but he's new to the OLB spot and he's hurt 5 days a week.
Raji will get interest, and if he turned down 8M/yr he's probably gone or crazy. He's talented and explosive but I think TT will find a replacement in the draft. Unless he makes a huge leap in the next 8-9 months, Josh Boyd is not the answer.

James Jones will get interest. Boykin can fill in for him, but TT will need to find someone to be the next Boykin, and down the road they'll have decisions with Jordy and Cobb.

Finley's career might be over, at least with GB. His agent says the surgery won't prevent him from playing, but GB might say no thanks and shop elsewhere. Quarless won't get a ton of interest. People seem to think Stoneburner and Bostick have potential, but I think they'll do something here. This season is basically Bostick's chance to show something.

Shields is going to get interest. Tramon has played two good games in a row after...well, not. I think they do something with that 9.5M salary to keep both of them around. GB seems to have a talented group of CB's, not sure how they fit the schemes (better at zone vs. man, etc.) and play together. Shields is a valuable player and they'll try to keep him. Tramon has yet to match his 2010 year, but is better than what a lot of teams trot out at CB.

Gonna be a very interesting draft/offseason/TC next season. If I had to make a random prediction: they lose Jones, Raji, Wilson, Finley, cut Newhouse and at least one other face on the OL, cut Tramon and keep Shields. I also expect an overhaul at Safety. McMillian, Jennings and Banjo are not safe.
As you comment on..... things will certainly change a lot over these next 5-6 months.

All the same we have a start here on Packerrats and a beginning of some thoughts on the draft.

A lot to be determined and foremost our draft position.

I agree with your analysis on our DL.

We will need another good pick at WR.

You predict a lot of change:

"Gonna be a very interesting draft/offseason/TC next season. If I had to make a random prediction: they lose Jones, Raji, Wilson, Finley, cut Newhouse and at least one other face on the OL, cut Tramon and keep Shields. I also expect an overhaul at Safety. McMillian, Jennings and Banjo are not safe." run pMc

I believe the team needs a lot of change. Some moves in terms of making a real improvement. Cut the deadwood. We need a roster full of football players that really want to be Green Bay Packers. Players that are dedicated and demonstrating hunger to winning.

GO PACKERS !