Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    That's your crop of rookie FAs that TT will pour over for the next Shields, etc. etc. Raw underclassman, confidence in your coaching; take risk on measurables and see what develops. Then let go four years later in FA and get 3rd round pick!
    FOOLPROOF!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey 1h

Quote of the day: "Let's roll, yo"--Ted Thompson to his scouts. I'm dead serious, that happened. It was glorious.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier 1m
    Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt. Circle and underline the name. #SeniorBowl

Everyone thought he had a monster day.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey 1h

Quote of the day: "Let's roll, yo"--Ted Thompson to his scouts. I'm dead serious, that happened. It was glorious.
    +1 Ted (we know you are reading)

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Veteran BZnDallas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Projected round for A. Donald? Anybody? Anybody? If he's a mid round guy then we can draft S snd LB early
    Now what y'all know about dem Texas boys
    Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    Projected round for A. Donald? Anybody? Anybody? If he's a mid round guy then we can draft S snd LB early
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0/aaron-donald 2nd round pick. Good player, but sounds like Mike Daniels. Not that that's bad, but maybe not what TT is looking for.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by BZnDallas View Post
    2nd

6'0, 285 seems kinda small for what we need

he was the ncaa defensive player of the year, so its not like he's exactly flying under the radar

won the Bronko Nagurski Trophy this year

He was beating up Cyril Richardson apparently.

I've watched alot of Aaron Donald. He's a one man wrecking crew. Measurables aside, Aaron Donald is Aaron Kampman times 10. His motor is non-stop. He got a alot of double teams and unfortunately didn't have much help. Saw him get frustrated a couple times with the double teams - He'd get a brain fart and do something stupid and cost the defense 15 yards.

He's only 6'0' but he was fun to watch. Comparison to Mike Daniels is pretty accurate, but I think Daniels is taller. I'd guess he'd be a situational inside rush guy for a 4-3 team. Don't see TT taking him at all.

He was beating up Cyril Richardson apparently.
    http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nfl...960&height=720
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 54m
    Aaron Donald is a twitched up dude! The Geno Atkins comparisons were flying all over the place in my talks with personnel friends.

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 57m
    I think I'm the only 1 that's riding the fence on Chris Borland. Heard "I love that dude" a bunch and "good college player, bad pro" a bunch

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 1h
    ASU DT Will Sutton looked very lethargic and heavy legged.

Virginia DT Brent Urban plays too high but he's got very strong hands. Looks like a 3-4 DE.

La Tech DT Justin Ellis had a good week at the East/West Game and he had an excellent practice today. Also, he dropped 9 pounds in a week!

Auburn DE/OLB Dee Ford gets overpowered at times but he has an explosive get off in pass situations. Nice inside counter move too
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-20-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I've watched alot of Aaron Donald. He's a one man wrecking crew. Measurables aside, Aaron Donald is Aaron Kampman times 10. His motor is non-stop. He got a alot of double teams and unfortunately didn't have much help. Saw him get frustrated a couple times with the double teams - He'd get a brain fart and do something stupid and cost the defense 15 yards.

He's only 6'0' but he was fun to watch. Comparison to Mike Daniels is pretty accurate, but I think Daniels is taller. I'd guess he'd be a situational inside rush guy for a 4-3 team. Don't see TT taking him at all.
    I thought Donald won a bunch of awards this year...sounded like he was a monster. He'll go to a 4-3 team like Tampa with Lovie where they want guys to rush. If he lasts past pick 40 I'd be surprised (unless there's a medical red flag).

Donald was measured at 6' 1" and 288.

here's the type of guys i would like us to be looking fo

from http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...b-e364204d327f

Georgia Tech’s Jeremiah Attaochu is a player to watch. He was a premier pass rusher as a defensive end but was moved in 2013 to outside linebacker, which is where he might fit best in the NFL, in a 3-4. He came on strong in the second half of the season and he looked forceful on Monday.
    heres a guy who was a great pass rusher at DE, but for his senior year he got moved to OLB. here is the type of guy we are looking for, but he already has the first year of his transition under his belt

Here's a DE for you red:

Ra’Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota (6’6, 318 lbs)

Ra’Shede Hageman is built with long arms and a naturally long frame, and through two days of practice has used both to his advantage. Through the use of truly explosive first step quickness, he converts quickness to power and runs through contact, both on the interior and on the edge. He has also shown a variety of pass rush moves and good hand technique. Displaying great functional strength and playing with outstanding leverage, he has been one of the most dominant defensive linemen at the Senior Bowl thus far.
    http://miketanier.sportsonearthblog....otebook-day-2/

yeah i've been keeping an eye on him

i never saw him play, but i'm a bit worried about his work ethic. i've seen a couple times when he might be a bit lazy

heres a new 7 round mock

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/green-b...0743--nfl.html

they have us picking this guy in the third

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=DT

now that is a big dude

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah i've been keeping an eye on him

i never saw him play, but i'm a bit worried about his work ethic. i've seen a couple times when he might be a bit lazy

heres a new 7 round mock

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/green-b...0743--nfl.html

they have us picking this guy in the third

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=DT

now that is a big dude
    6'7" DT? Have to think he's giving up a lot of leverage
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...s-aaron-Donald

CBSSports.com Defensive Player of the Year: Pitt's Aaron Donald

December 17, 2013 8:25 am ET

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/01/21/pi...owl-practices/

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...241285821.html

Senior Bowl profile: Pitt DT Aaron Donald

Player: Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald

Senior Bowl weigh-in: 6’0, 288 pounds; hands – 9 7/8; arm – 31 ¾; wing – 77 3/8

Senior stats (13 games): 59 tackles, 28.5 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, four forced fumbles (ACC Defensive Player of the Year)

Donald has been knocked as undersized at his position....
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Apparently, OT Billy Turner of North Dakota State has been impressing at the Senior Bowl. Not sure what happened to NDSU's CB Marcus Williams. He was projected as a 3rd round pick or so if he came out last year. He returned to school, but apparently his stock has dropped. I haven't heard much about him this year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson