Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

i don't know, i wasn't paying attention

dee ford was the MVP, which of course will make everyone on here say we should draft him since he's projected as a DE/OLB

but i only ever saw him play with his hand in the dirt

and he sounded like a fucking moron in his past game interview

the only thing i took from the game was the hope that the queens take tajh boyd to be their franchise QB

Blog Entries
    I listened to an interview with Ahmad Dixon from Baylor...who I'd love to see in Green n Gold...and he noted the TE from Iowa was out the toughest guy to cover out there and a very very tough matchup for any DB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I listened to an interview with Ahmad Dixon from Baylor...who I'd love to see in Green n Gold...and he noted the TE from Iowa was out the toughest guy to cover out there and a very very tough matchup for any DB
    Your referring to TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa and this Giant would be a handful for Ahmad Dixon @ * 6'-0" 200 lb ( Safety ) or anyone about that size or giving up 5-7 inches and 40- 65 lbs. to any NFL capable TE (receiver that can run routes).

* http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...90/ahmad-dixon

** Ranked @ #88 **. C.J. Fiedorowicz | 6'7, 265 pounds | Tight end | Iowa

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-footbal...-j-fiedorowicz

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cj-fiedorowicz

2013 Season: 30 REC ... 299 YDS ... 6 TD

Career: 91 REC... 899 YDS ... 10 TD

Overall Ranking TOP 200** ... http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...-200-big-board
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The big guy from Minnesota...Ra'shede Hageman...Haven't mentioned his name all game.
    I've been checking out Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh, 6'1", 288 lbs, I would take him over Hageman if he's still there. Aaron Donald dominated the college football defensive landscape, earning the Outland Trophy, Lombardi, Nagurski, and Bednarik Awards in 2013.
    01/21/2014 - 2014 Senior Bowl: 10 observations from Monday's North practice...1. DT Aaron Donald was an unstoppable force on Monday. Like his play all season, the Pitt defensive tackle was extremely quick in drills and was relentless from snap to whistle. His burst and anticipation off the snap and active energy to fight through and around blocks make him tough for any blocker to handle. Donald repeatedly victimized Baylor OG Cyril Richardson at practice, winning with leverage, hustle and fluidity that Richardson has likely never seen before on the football field. Donald's skill-set is ideal for one-on-one drills so he should shine, but the NFL team that drafts him will get a really good football player. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
    OVERVIEW
    Considering that he's leading the country in sacks (1.6 per game) and tackles for loss (2.4), Donald might just be the most under-appreciated NFL prospect in college football. Sure, he isn't as big as most defensive linemen, but as he demonstrated with two sacks and three tackles for loss vs. Virginia Tech and big, mobile quarterback Logan Thomas, what a stick of dynamite may lack for in size can be made up with explosiveness. (10/18/13)
    ANALYSIS
    Strengths: Comes off the snap like he's shot out of a cannon. His first step routinely beats opponents for immediate pressures. Has an effective arm-over swim move, though he doesn't use this often enough. His stature gives Donald the leverage advantage which he uses well to get under the pads of opponents and drive them into the backfield on bull-rushes.
    Weaknesses: As with most undersized pass-rushers, when Donald's burst is contained his short arms limit his effectiveness. Donald keeps his legs churning and plays with effort, but he can get caught up in the hand-to-hand combat.

--Rob Rang
    He played inside most of the time, and was often double teamed, I do wish he was bigger, but maybe they can get him in the weight room and gain some weight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3YKvx6LcBs
    Last edited by packrulz; 01-26-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    Thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    I've been checking out Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh, 6'1", 288 lbs, I would take him over Hageman if he's still there. Aaron Donald dominated the college football defensive landscape, earning the Outland Trophy, Lombardi, Nagurski, and Bednarik Awards in 2013.
    01/21/2014 - 2014 Senior Bowl: 10 observations from Monday's North practice...1. DT Aaron Donald was an unstoppable force on Monday. Like his play all season, the Pitt defensive tackle was extremely quick in drills and was relentless from snap to whistle. His burst and anticipation off the snap and active energy to fight through and around blocks make him tough for any blocker to handle. Donald repeatedly victimized Baylor OG Cyril Richardson at practice, winning with leverage, hustle and fluidity that Richardson has likely never seen before on the football field. Donald's skill-set is ideal for one-on-one drills so he should shine, but the NFL team that drafts him will get a really good football player. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
    OVERVIEW
    Considering that he's leading the country in sacks (1.6 per game) and tackles for loss (2.4), Donald might just be the most under-appreciated NFL prospect in college football. Sure, he isn't as big as most defensive linemen, but as he demonstrated with two sacks and three tackles for loss vs. Virginia Tech and big, mobile quarterback Logan Thomas, what a stick of dynamite may lack for in size can be made up with explosiveness. (10/18/13)
    ANALYSIS
    Strengths: Comes off the snap like he's shot out of a cannon. His first step routinely beats opponents for immediate pressures. Has an effective arm-over swim move, though he doesn't use this often enough. His stature gives Donald the leverage advantage which he uses well to get under the pads of opponents and drive them into the backfield on bull-rushes.
    Weaknesses: As with most undersized pass-rushers, when Donald's burst is contained his short arms limit his effectiveness. Donald keeps his legs churning and plays with effort, but he can get caught up in the hand-to-hand combat.

--Rob Rang
    He played inside most of the time, and was often double teamed, I do wish he was bigger, but maybe they can get him in the weight room and gain some weight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3YKvx6LcBs
    The problem though is that Donald is the same type of player as Mike Daniels. He probably can't play nose or end. Can you line him up in tandem with Daniels as the other inside rusher in nickel without teams running the ball up the gut? What the Packers really need is someone who can play nose, or someone who can play end in base and give you some push in pass rush.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings It is interesting though that CBS how has him ranked at #21 overall following the Senior Bowl. Dee Ford has moved up to #18. Hageman has dropped to #26.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The problem though is that Donald is the same type of player as Mike Daniels. He probably can't play nose or end. Can you line him up in tandem with Daniels as the other inside rusher in nickel without teams running the ball up the gut? What the Packers really need is someone who can play nose, or someone who can play end in base and give you some push in pass rush.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings It is interesting though that CBS how has him ranked at #21 overall following the Senior Bowl. Dee Ford has moved up to #18. Hageman has dropped to #26.
    awesome, that pushes guys we could actually use down a bit. hopefully both those guys have a big combine too

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i don't know, i wasn't paying attention

dee ford was the MVP, which of course will make everyone on here say we should draft him since he's projected as a DE/OLB

but i only ever saw him play with his hand in the dirt

and he sounded like a fucking moron in his past game interview
    CBS RANKING:

#18 ... Dee Ford DE 3 Auburn; rSr . . . . ** 6' - 2" and 243 lbs **... 1st Round projection

Isn't he small to play DE? He looks better suited to play LBer as long as he can transition to cover, play pass protection.

I have to look at this guy. Right now there's ... a lot of names.

In a month or so we'll have a grip on it.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-26-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...65025/dee-ford

Best of all, while most of his snaps due come from the three-point stance, he is occasionally asked to drop back into coverage, giving scouts evidence that he'll be able to handle coverage duties. Ford shows balance and efficient change-of-direction skills when operating in reverse, making him one to watch as a linebacker convert.
    He'll be watched closely at the combine to see how he handles the agility drills.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...65025/dee-ford

He'll be watched closely at the combine to see how he handles the agility drills.
    Yes.

Right now (and that might change). It's one of these fellas (below) for me.

CBS Ranked (Sunday 26 Jan. 2014)

# 26 RaShede Hageman; DT 5 Minnesota; rSr ......6-6 318 ..... Proj. Rd.1-2

#27 *Calvin Pryor; FS 2 Louisville; Jr ...................6-2 208......Proj. Rd. 1-2

GO PACKERS !

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    CBS RANKING:

#18 ... Dee Ford DE 3 Auburn; rSr . . . . ** 6' - 2" and 243 lbs **... 1st Round projection

Isn't he small to play DE? He looks better suited to play LBer as long as he can transition to cover, play pass protection.
    nope, NCAA has been pumping out these super fast, tiny, speed ends for awhile now

bruce irvin is a great example of this. seattle has found a way to get him on the field though

nope, NCAA has been pumping out these super fast, tiny, speed ends for awhile now

bruce irvin is a great example of this. seattle has found a way to get him on the field though
    Bruce Irvin, Seattle Seahawks;

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/...0-c677b9a4faf0

Bruce Irvin ... DE #51

Height: 6' - 3" - Weight: 248

Quick Stats (2013):

TCKL = 40 ... SACK = 2.0 ... FF = 1 ... and INT = 1
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-26-2014 at 03:50 PM.

the only thing i took from the game was the hope that the queens take tajh boyd to be their franchise QB
    http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/green-b...with-tajh-boyd

Packers Reportedly Not Enamored with Clemson’s Tajh Boyd

By: Brian Carriveau ... Jan 20, 2014

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline
    Packers scout "based on what I'm seeing Tahj Boyd is not draftable" ... 5:21 PM - 20 Jan 2014

Comment woodbuck27:

Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin impressing scouts at the SB practises, shadowing receivers all over the field; had a bad break tearing his right knee ACL Tues. afternoon 21 Jan. 2014. CB Aaron Colvin needed surgery RE: agent Ken Sarnoff.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-27-2014 at 11:36 AM.

I like the Dee Brown kid from Auburn. All accounts are he can get after the passer. Would love to bring him in on 3rd downs.

Colvin could be a nice redshirt pick for us if we could get him in the 5th/6th round. But, I have a feeling he will be drafted by... the 49ers

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...-brenden-daley

2014 NFL Draft

2014 NFL Draft: Packers Interested in Pierre Desir and Brenden Daley

By Jason Hirschhorn  @JBHirschhorn on Jan 27 2014, 9:30a

(Pierre) " Desir wouldn't be the first small school defensive back the Packers have shown interest in. Green Bay spent a second-round pick on All-Pro safety Nick Collins, a product of Bethune-Cookman. After strong performances in the Shrine Game and Senior Bowl, Desir is believed to be a day-two pick."

"...the Packers have shown interest in Hawaii middle linebacker Brenden Daley.." Fr. LINK

These are CBS mocks taken after the Senior Bowl. Rang has the Pack passing on both Pryor and Ha Ha, Dee Ford, Tuitt, and Aaron Donald. Brugler has the Pack passing on Pryor, Mosley, Amaro, Dee Ford, and Aaron Donald.
    I guess I like Nix over Hageman, his knee injury doesn't sound real serious, and GB would be a perfect fit for him: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft
    Nix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBLKebN_b8
    Hageman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOLn0cB3D4
    Thanks Ted!

No way in hell we'd pass on Moseley unless his body is falling apart or if we find out he's into animal sex or killed a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    No way in hell we'd pass on Moseley unless his body is falling apart or if we find out he's into animal sex or killed a dude.
    even then, i'd take him

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post

Well, I'm not even sure that's a crime anymore. There've been a lot of changes in the law.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck