Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^ I was kinda joking about the character problems. But as I said elsewhere, we really don't know about these guys. Cocktails, ladies?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

really? its draft season and we're gonna let the draft thread fall to the second page?

bump

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    really? its draft season and we're gonna let the draft thread fall to the second page?

bump
    We're still 7 weeks from the draft. It's going to be quite a while yet

I think I'm hoping for Ebron or Mosley in round 1. Somebody tell me why I shouldn't like WR Jordan Matthews, S Terrence Brooks, S Jimmie Ward, or OT Billy Turner in the next couple of rounds? Those are some guys that are intriguing to me. Turner is a homer pick.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I think I'm hoping for Ebron or Mosley in round 1. Somebody tell me why I shouldn't like WR Jordan Matthews, S Terrence Brooks, S Jimmie Ward, or OT Billy Turner in the next couple of rounds? Those are some guys that are intriguing to me. Turner is a homer pick.

I started pimping Ebron really early; I still doubt he falls but if he does tough to pass him

Mosely......be fine with...ditto for Prior.

I'd like to take a high end talent guy as opposed to a plugger in round one.

That's my wishlist....P.S. I assume the top safety is gone
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'm with you on Matthews and Brooks. I think there's a chance they could be there in R2 and 3, respectively. Of course, because I like them they will both likely be busts...

Also with you re: Ebron and Mosley.
    Third choice is probably Nix.
    I don't think HaHa will be there and I don't think Pryor is the BPA at 21.

Terrence Brooks has been dominating testing drills so he'll be overdrafted. He has no ball skills at all and cannot catch to save his life. If he did, though, he would be going in round 1 possibly as the first safety off the board.

We're in a good spot because one of Ebron, HaHa, or Mosley is probably going to fall to us.

i just read that there's some concern about mosley's knee, and that some insider type folks are now expecting him to slide, maybe even out of the 1st

i just read that there's some concern about mosley's knee, and that some insider type folks are now expecting him to slide, maybe even out of the 1st
    Which could be someone wanting to draft Mosley and hoping he slides to them.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m
    Rare day for #Packers. About 10 pro days on schedule but found them at only three. Sleeper WR Jeremy Butler, D-II All-American at UT-Martin.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m
    Rare day for #Packers. About 10 pro days on schedule but found them at only three. Sleeper WR Jeremy Butler, D-II All-American at UT-Martin.
    interesting

he's from tennessee-martin. 6'2, 218, 4.55ish speed

in his 2 years at tenn-martin he had 141 catches for 1953 yards and 20 tds

the problem is, it sounds like a lot of teams are watching this kids

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Jordan Matthews you should like. Pretty much a Jordy Nelson clone IMO.
    Brooks I'm not a fan of. He's got the right mindset in that he's got a downhill attitude for a guy who can cover pretty well. As it stands today though he's a pretty awful tackler even by Packer standards.
    Ward is an animal but I have a feeling other teams will have him rated higher than Ted because of his size. Ted has proven over and over that he has no hard and fast rules though.
    Turner is possible I guess. He's mean and somewhat versatile. My guess is that he'd have to fall a little bit for Ted to go for it. I see a handfull of Ted's favorite mold in the late rounds so I think we'll nab our OL depth there.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

just looked at few mocks...ebron, pryor, ward, and hageman names come up the most.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    just looked at few mocks...ebron, pryor, ward, and hageman names come up the most.
    yup. meaning teddy will Darqueze the Charmin.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

no visits for ebron to the packers yet

Eric Ebron has four team visits scheduled

UNC TE Eric Ebron has team visits scheduled with the Bills, Lions, Ravens and Panthers.
    Ebron listed these four as official team visits, which teams only have a finite amount of (30). The athletic tight end added he will not try to improve on his 4.60 forty from the Combine. Ebron will likely play a similar role to Vernon Davis in the NFL, but he needs to improve his inline presence to do so. The athleticism is there to rack up yards after the catch, however, Ebron can improve at the catch point, as he dropped over 11 percent of his catchable targets in 2013.
    yikes, i noticed on the game films that he drops his fair share of balls

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    you're seeing ward mocked in the first? or is that second round? i haven't seen him going in the first anywhere yet, but ward kinda is a big "unknown" right now. he had a great season for a mid major against a lot of NOT top tier talent, then had a really good senior bowl, then missed the combine and might miss his proday due to a foot injury

he's a wildcard imo, but first round might be a reach, i can see second round for him though

yikes, i noticed on the game films that he drops his fair share of balls
    I think if your balls don't drop you become a woman.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think the Packers do not have kids they like come to visit. They reserve the visits to UDFAs and later round guys.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

you're seeing ward mocked in the first? or is that second round?
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

saw dix and mosley on some others.

the first is too high for Jim Ward. If they fall in love with him, they can trade back and still probably get him.