Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    alright, you guys want jommy ward, you got him

this is the 2013 orange bowl against ej manual and florida state (last year,not this year)

some things you'll notice

1. he looks pretty small
    2. he lines up all over the place (safety and CB) but plays a lot up near the line
    3. he doesn't miss tackles
    4. he makes just about every single play in the game.

An impressive football player.

He looks small but plays courageously. He sneaks into position fast.

He tackles effectively and in this game he's a tackling machine. He had a great day.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

heres an interesting prospect

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...203607891.html

LT- Laurent (larry) Duvernay-Tardif

a dominate force up there north of the boarder

could be our midround LT-G-C prospect for this year

Here you go, all around knowledgeable ex-NFL player (and former Packer) Matt Bowen answers the question: what exactly is available at safety in the draft?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2014-nfl-draft

Unfortunately, its just video.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Here you go, all around knowledgeable ex-NFL player (and former Packer) Matt Bowen answers the question: what exactly is available at safety in the draft?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2014-nfl-draft

Unfortunately, its just video.
    In case you don't want to watch/listen, Bowen lists his top 5 safeties:
    HaHa
    C.Pryor
    J.Ward
    D.Bucannon
    T.Brooks

Seems about right to me. I think they'll all be gone within top 80 picks.

Yeah. That's the order they're going off the board. Brooks might jump Bucannon because of his 40 time. Maybe one of those guys is available with our comp pick in the third round. Maybe, but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    In case you don't want to watch/listen, Bowen lists his top 5 safeties:
    HaHa
    C.Pryor
    J.Ward
    D.Bucannon
    T.Brooks

Seems about right to me. I think they'll all be gone within top 80 picks.
    Wouldn't you love to be able to see the Packer scouting reports and rankings on these guys? TT manages to surprise us often enough that it's possible one of these players isn't even on this list, and instead some cornerback-just-turned-safety from Middle Montana Tech is ranked third on his list.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wouldn't you love to be able to see the Packer scouting reports and rankings on these guys? TT manages to surprise us often enough that it's possible one of these players isn't even on this list, and instead some cornerback-just-turned-safety from Middle Montana Tech is ranked third on his list.
    I would. Those guys know 10x more about football and college scouting than I ever will. Given that I watch virtually no football on Saturday afternoons and TT and Co. watch several (if not dozens of) hours per prospect, I'd be curious to take a look at his board and how these guys rank. I don't think it will ever be leaked Jerrah Jones style though.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's somebody else like Tre Boston in the #4 or 5 safety ranking that TT likes better.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    An impressive football player.

He looks small but plays courageously. He sneaks into position fast.

He tackles effectively and in this game he's a tackling machine. He had a great day.
    \

So that's what a tackling safety looks like?

Trade down one spot with Philly
    Round 1 Pick 22 (PHI): Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
    Round 2 Pick 21: Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame
    Round 3 Pick 21: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Extra Pick from Philly
    Round 3 Pick 22 (PHI): Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
    Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Chris Smith, DE, Arkansas
    Round 4 Pick 21: Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor
    Round 5 Pick 21: David Fales, QB, San Jose State
    Round 5 Pick 36 (COMP): Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
    Round 6 Pick 21: Brock Croyle, ILB, Montana
    Round 7 Pick 21: DeDe Lattimore, ILB, South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Extra Pick from Philly
    With this draft, you could have the law firm of Lattimore, Lattimore, and Latimer on your roster.
    Kidding aside, good attempt, although I have a hard time picturing TT drafting a C in R3 with Nelson, Cobb and Boykin all free agents next season and Driver, Jennings, and Jones gone. TT tends to draft OT's and make Campen turn them into interior linemen.

The Prior/Dixon combo is a nice idea, and I'm coming around on Niklas apprenticing under Quarless and Bostick.

Extra Pick from Philly
    in this scenario, i don't think there's any way the eagles would trade with us, if pryor is there, and not take pryor

it seems to be the general consensus that the eagles will take pryor at #22 if available

Extra Pick from Philly
    Why in God's name would Philly give up a third round pick to move up a single slot?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    in this scenario, i don't think there's any way the eagles would trade with us, if pryor is there, and not take pryor

it seems to be the general consensus that the eagles will take pryor at #22 if available
    And the fact teams that trade to move up 1 spot in the draft, especially not for a 3rd rounder.

#21= 700 points
    #22= 680 points

pick 182 (22nd pick of 6th round)= 18.6 point

I am sure this rumor is airtight.

Birds 24/7 ‏@Birds247 33m
    Per a report, the Eagles are "very high" on Texas A&M WR Mike Evans and "would consider trading up to grab him." http://goo.gl/qxldSL
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

From Mortenson at ESPN through Rotoworld

Even after struggling at his Pro Day, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's private workouts with NFL clubs "have also gone very shakily."
    Mort believes Bridgewater's forthcoming draft-day slide won't occur solely because of his Pro Day. He says Bridgewater's private passing sessions with teams have been underwhelming, too. Mortensen added that teams remain concerned with Bridgewater's smallish hands. Once considered the likely No. 1 overall pick, Bridgewater's fall could ultimately mimic Geno Smith's from last year.

Writeup on Shazier, a common pick for the Packers in the mocks. http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/11/2014-nf...immy-jernigan/

Conclusion: One of the most obvious NFL trends over the last few years is the linebacker who can play at several positions, and is light and fast enough to have an impact in a 360-degree sense. More and more, teams are sacrificing the old model of the linebacker in favor of those athletes who can do everything from run support to flex tight end coverage. Shazier is a prime example of that paradigm, and this should put him at the precipice of the first round, if not higher. There are power and strength issues here, but unless you somehow happen to land the 2000 version of Ray Lewis, you’re generally going to have to sacrifice something in the equation. Shazier said at the combine that his style compares to that of Tampa Bay’s Lavonte David, but I’ll go with Bobby Wagner, as I believe Shazier has a bit more pop to his game.
    Would not replace Hawk as the absorber of the Guard or FB block, but would close a lot of holes. Also could work as nickel and dime backer. Since he can pass rush, you could use him in multiple places in different formations.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    From Mortenson at ESPN through Rotoworld

Even after struggling at his Pro Day, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's private workouts with NFL clubs "have also gone very shakily."
    Mort believes Bridgewater's forthcoming draft-day slide won't occur solely because of his Pro Day. He says Bridgewater's private passing sessions with teams have been underwhelming, too. Mortensen added that teams remain concerned with Bridgewater's smallish hands. Once considered the likely No. 1 overall pick, Bridgewater's fall could ultimately mimic Geno Smith's from last year.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Any thoughts on Jimmy Garappolo from Eastern Illinois? They're Div 1-AA. I happened to catch one of their games, and he looked good, and he's coming out this year. I did find this article on him
    http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2014/0...ce-dan-marino/

Interesting, I wonder where he ranks?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

He's seen as a 2nd round pick by CBS. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...immy-garoppolo Things didn't work out so well the last time TT drafted a QB in the 2nd round.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen