Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Red, it's completely different positions. Nix's job is to take on double teams and hold his ground. I also like Jimmie Ward. I don't like haha. He's slow and doesn't flash. I do like Pryor, but Ward looks like more of a pure FS and I think I'd rather see us with a legit center fielder.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Red, it's completely different positions. Nix's job is to take on double teams and hold his ground. I also like Jimmie Ward. I don't like haha. He's slow and doesn't flash. I do like Pryor, but Ward looks like more of a pure FS and I think I'd rather see us with a legit center fielder.
    the more i watch of ward, the more i think of a more physical woodson

his smaller size (only 192) and the fact that he might have some maturity issues concern me a bit, but based on pure talent, i agree he might be the best of the safeties

I like Brock Vereen, his game reminds me a lot of Hyde even though they play different positions. I also like how they say he is too small but his 25 bench reps were among the best of all the DBs in the draft while Jimmie Ward could only do 9 reps.

Smaller players have it easier in the bench department, but are nonetheless inferior (in most cases) when it comes to actual practical strength.

Kipper's dropped Bridgewater to the second round!
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...per-Mock-Draft
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Funny. Wasn't he supposed to be a Top 3 or Top 5 pick?
    What if he falls to 21 and TT takes him? Compared to a lot of QBs he's not a big guy but he seemed to show leadership, a decent arm and mobility, and had good accuracy. M3 could probably do a lot with him but I think as with many QBs it would take a couple of years.

I honestly can't imagine Bridgewater falling out of R1. I'd be surprised if someone took McCarron or Carr over this guy.
    I think Bortles is the 1st QB, Manziel is gone by mid-R1 and Bridgewater probably the same.

The rumor mill is grinding out misinformation at top speed right now, if you read every online story as if it were completely false the stories make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Anybody (with Insider) know who Kiper had the Packers picking in his new Mock Draft? I'm assuming whoever he has slotted will definitely not be the pick by TT.

Pryor I believe.
    C.H.U.D.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...elvin-benjamin

Code:
    PICK	TEAM			PLAYER
    1	Houston Texans		Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
    2	St. Louis Rams		Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
    3	Jacksonville Jaguars	Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
    4	Cleveland Browns	Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
    5	Oakland Raiders		Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
    6	Atlanta Falcons		Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
    7	Tampa Bay Buccaneers	Mike Evans, WR, Texams A&M
    8	Minnesota Vikings	Blake Bortles, QB, UCF
    9	Buffalo Bills		Jake Matthews, OT, Texams A&M
    10	Detroit Lions		Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama
    11	Tennessee Titans	Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
    12	New York Giants		Eric Ebron, TE, UNC
    13	St. Louis Rams		Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    14	Chicago Bears		Aarond Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
    15	Pittsburgh Steelers	Odell Beckham Jr., WR, LSU
    16	Dallas Cowboys		Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
    17	Baltimore Ravens	Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
    18	New York Jets		Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St.
    19	Miami Dolphins		C.J. Mosley, LB, Alabama
    20	Arizona Cardinals	Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    21	GREEN BAY PACKERS	RYAN SHAZIER, OLB, Ohio State
    22	Philadelphia Eagles	Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU
    23	Kansas City Chiefs	Marqise Lee, WR, USC
    24	Cincinnati Bengals	Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
    25	San Diego Chargers	Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA
    26	Cleveland Browns	Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
    27	New Orleans Saints	Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
    28	Carolina Panthers	Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
    29	New England Patriots	Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
    30	San Francisco 49ers	Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
    31	Denver Broncos		Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    32	Seattle Seahawks	Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

How old is Rodgers? Ya, he's got a more than a few years left, but so did Favre when Rodgers was picked. I would not be upset at all if he was sitting there when the Packer's pick came up and they grabbed him.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

My boy, Brock Jensen. Been touting him for awhile to some buddies of mine from Minnesota. I think he'd be worth a late round flyer.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...it-the-packers
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Jensen would be a local story. He grew up and played in Waupaca, less than 50 miles from GB. He was a very good state champion HS qb before going to NDSU.

He played in a local conference vs. my kid's HS. Awesome talent compared to most of the local players. Didn't see him play in college, but he did take NDSU to 3 straight FCS titles, so that's saying a lot.

Decent size, 6-3, 225. Never know, if TT picks him and likes what he sees, he could edge out Tolzien as the 3rd string/developmental QB.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Jensen would be a local story. He grew up and played in Waupaca, less than 50 miles from GB. He was a very good state champion HS qb before going to NDSU.

He played in a local conference vs. my kid's HS. Awesome talent compared to most of the local players. Didn't see him play in college, but he did take NDSU to 3 straight FCS titles, so that's saying a lot.

Decent size, 6-3, 225. Never know, if TT picks him and likes what he sees, he could edge out Tolzien as the 3rd string/developmental QB.
    Jensen is a pretty good athlete too. His measurables (4.70 40, 7.06 3 cone, 4.35 shuttle, 34" vertical) are almost identical Derek Carr. He ran for 35 TDs in his career.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

The player I want most, in our area of the draft, is Louis Nix III. The reason I like nix has a few parts.

1. He's an exceptional football player. Similar body type to BJ Raji, but a much more active, natural fighter on the inside. He's always fighting, always winning his battles. With the loss of Pickett and the disappointment of Raji, this guy looks like a 10 year fixture at NG. He's stout, active and impactful.

2. It's incredibly rare to find guys his size that can really move. There aren't very many high end NGs in the NFL. I think he's one of them.

3. He seems like an awesome guy and a hard worker. Good teammate, good guy.

At the end of the day, I think the first round of the draft, you want an impact player who plays for a long time. Of all the guys I see in our area of the draft, Nix is the one I feel is the best. Of course, I have very little knowledge or information about these guys compared to TT, so I'll be excited about whoever we pick.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

The player I want most, in our area of the draft, is Louis Nix III. The reason I like nix has a few parts.

1. He's an exceptional football player. Similar body type to BJ Raji, but a much more active, natural fighter on the inside. He's always fighting, always winning his battles. With the loss of Pickett and the disappointment of Raji, this guy looks like a 10 year fixture at NG. He's stout, active and impactful.

2. It's incredibly rare to find guys his size that can really move. There aren't very many high end NGs in the NFL. I think he's one of them.

At the end of the day, I think the first round of the draft, you want an impact player who plays for a long time. Of all the guys I see in our area of the draft, Nix is the one I feel is the best. Of course, I have very little knowledge or information about these guys compared to TT, so I'll be excited about whoever we pick.
    Why would he be available at 21 if he is that good? What is missing from his resume? Or what is scaring Bretsky about the guy?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries

I don't want Nix at 21. I'd take either safety, the TE, and Shazier over him. IF T traded down to the 30 area I'd be ok with it guess but not too excited.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

heres my favorite mock draft site, this guy is one of the better ones in the business year after year. right before the draft he assigns a madden like rating to the prospects, he finally did that this week

http://www.draftace.com/

heres what he's got

free safeties

1. clinton dix- 93
    2. pryor- 92
    3. Terrence Brooks-82
    4. ed reynolds- 75
    5. Kenny Ladler- 66
    6. Dion Bailey- 65
    7. Marqueston Huff -61
    8. Christian Bryant- 56
    9. Avery Patterson- 50
    10. Ty Zimmerman- 50
    11. Tre Boston - 45
    12. Lonnie Ballentine- 45

strong safety

1. Jimmie Ward- 87
    2. Deone Bucannon- 83
    3. Ahmad Dixon- 60
    4. Isaiah Lewis- 59
    5. Hakeem Smith- 58
    6. Brock Vereen- 55
    7. Sean Parker- 50
    8. Vinnie Sunseri- 50
    9. Craig Loston- 45
    10. Alden Darby- 45
    11. Brian Jackson- 45

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    heres my favorite mock draft site, this guy is one of the better ones in the business year after year. right before the draft he assigns a madden like rating to the prospects, he finally did that this week

http://www.draftace.com/

heres what he's got

free safeties

1. clinton dix- 93
    2. pryor- 92
    3. Terrence Brooks-82
    4. ed reynolds- 75
    5. Kenny Ladler- 66
    6. Dion Bailey- 65
    7. Marqueston Huff -61
    8. Christian Bryant- 56
    9. Avery Patterson- 50
    10. Ty Zimmerman- 50
    11. Tre Boston - 45
    12. Lonnie Ballentine- 45

strong safety

1. Jimmie Ward- 87
    2. Deone Bucannon- 83
    3. Ahmad Dixon- 60
    4. Isaiah Lewis- 59
    5. Hakeem Smith- 58
    6. Brock Vereen- 55
    7. Sean Parker- 50
    8. Vinnie Sunseri- 50
    9. Craig Loston- 45
    10. Alden Darby- 45
    11. Brian Jackson- 45
    He has Tahj Boyd three spots ahead of Tom Savage at QB, so his board looks out of date. Most of the boards that stay up to date have Savage in going in the first 3 rounds and Boyd going in the mid to late rounds. He also has Jared Abbrederis as the 6th best WR--which I think is a big reach. Not sure I trust this board much.

why? because his big board doesn't match all the others who are getting their info from the same sources?

i believe he just did his rantings for his big board in the last week, so its up to date based on his opinions

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    why? because his big board doesn't match all the others who are getting their info from the same sources?

i believe he just did his rantings for his big board in the last week, so its up to date based on his opinions
    I'd be curious to see what his rankings of safeties from previous years look like -- it would be a decent gauge of whether he's accurate or not.
    I thought last year was supposed to be a bad year for safety, and IIRC the year before wasn't touted as that great either. My sense is that it's a little better than last year, probably about how it was 2 years ago.

To tell you the truth, I'm not really sure what a good draft for safety does look like. Usually there are 2-3 that get taken in the top 50 picks, and that will be the case again this year IMO.

Pretty sure Tahj Boyd was the guy who a GB scout was quoted as calling more or less undraftable, but I think that was based on Senior Bowl practices and game where he struggled (7-16 31 yds 1 Int) and the fact that he's under 6'1". Had good WRs at Clemson (Watkins, Bryant, DeAndre Hopkins) who could beat most secondaries. I think Boyd is rated about a R5 or R6 pick and if you're looking for a backup with mobility and good character he's your guy. I don't think he's accurate enough to come in the middle of the 3Q of a game and rally a team to win in the pros. I'd rather spend a R5/6 pick on another player.