Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was happy with the Jennings pick, but a little dubious of the Jordy pick. It took him a while, but he proved more than worth that selection.

The difference with Collins was that you could see the talent and he would more than occasionally execute on it. The fact that he broke up a significant number of passes and then dropped them, made it easier to wait for his hands to get better. It wasn't a pipe dream to see him apply his skills on the field like it was with McMillan or Jennings. Neither of them made enough plays that encouraged you to live with the mistakes.
    Last edited by pbmax; 04-24-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The difference with Collins was that you could see the talent and he would more than occasionally execute on it. The fact that he broke up a significant number of passes and then drop them, made it easier to wait for his hands to get better. It wasn't a pipe dream to see him apply his skills on the field like it was with McMillan or Jennings. Neither of them made enough plays that encouraged you to live with the mistakes.
    Neither of them made any plays last year and it rubbed off on Burnett. Addition by subtraction I say.

I've been researching Pryor, and I think I was completely wrong about him. Dude looks legit. My new safety rankings: Pryor, Ward, HaHa
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I've been researching Pryor, and I think I was completely wrong about him. Dude looks legit. My new safety rankings: Pryor, Ward, HaHa
    with pryor, i'm worried about the 15 yard penalties. he's a hard hitter and leads with his shoulder/head a lot

if this was 5 years ago, i'd think he was amazing, in todays pussified NFL,he looks like a guy who could get flagged on every single play, unless he adjusts his game completely.

and if he did that, would he still look as good?

but i think its a moot point, i think pryor and clinton dix will both be gone in the top half of round 1. which leaves us with ward. either staying put at 21 to get him, or trade back 5 or 6 spots and pick up an extra 3rd, then pick ward.

ward i think, might be the best safety for capers system, like i've been saying for a couple weeks now, woodson Jr imo

Benjamin vs Florida this year

Looks like a perennial all pro one minute and Turd Ferguson the next. He's enormous and can really run.

What do we know about Shaw #81 other than he got rocked a couple years ago? 4.58 40 but a good KR/PR guy? Seems fluid in and out of cuts and has good hands per the few videos I can find.

That was his worst game of his career as far as drops, shit even Jordy Nelson had three drops in the Super Bowl. What I do remember is him catching the game winning TD on 4th down for the BCS National Championship. Dude is a huge red zone target which is something we struggled with last season, I think Rodgers would turn him into a star. With that being said I still hope we go defense with our 1st pick but if we do pick a receiver I like Benjamin over another WR under 6 feet tall.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    That was his worst game of his career as far as drops, shit even Jordy Nelson had three drops in the Super Bowl. What I do remember is him catching the game winning TD on 4th down for the BCS National Championship. Dude is a huge red zone target which is something we struggled with last season, I think Rodgers would turn him into a star. With that being said I still hope we go defense with our 1st pick but if we do pick a receiver I like Benjamin over another WR under 6 feet tall.
    I like the size/speed combo, but I don't like the route running. His hands are probably better than Finley's - and Scott Wells'

I think TT might draft offense first, but for certain first or second round.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I guess I like Jordan Matthews better. Not quite the physical specimen Benjamin is (6-3, 212 vs. 6-5, 235), but is a more polished receiver.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm warming up to CJ Mosley after watching him play. It's a passing league and this guy brings special coverage skills to the table as well as being strong in the run game.

They say thisnis one of the deepest, most talented drafts ever, and I believe it. We're looking at some big-time players in our area of the draft. Im officially excited,to see what tt does in may.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I'm warming up to CJ Mosley after watching him play. It's a passing league and this guy brings special coverage skills to the table as well as being strong in the run game.

They say thisnis one of the deepest, most talented drafts ever, and I believe it. We're looking at some big-time players in our area of the draft. Im officially excited,to see what tt does in may.
    if mosely falls to us and we're forced to draft him, then we're gonna be forced to greatly improve our D with a hell of a player imo

as for benjamin, i remember watching him at the combine, it did not look like football came naturally to him. he just did not look natural doing anything. no way i would spend a first on him

Since TT has never drafted a receiver in the 1st round, maybe this is the year, but somehow I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Since TT has never drafted a receiver in the 1st round, maybe this is the year, but somehow I just don't see it.
    I don't either. Benjamin and Matthews are probably going to be there in the 2nd round. Did I mention that Jordan Matthews is Jerry Rice's cousin?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't either. Benjamin and Matthews are probably going to be there in the 2nd round. Did I mention that Jordan Matthews is Jerry Rice's cousin?
    Did I mention that this is Clay Matthew's second cousin?

He played FS in high school
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Agreed. He seems to set a bar for WRs and waits until one or two of them fall below the bar and swoops in.

The history of 6'5"+ 230lbs+ who run 4.6 40s is not promising. There are a couple exceptions, but not many. Ideally, you want somebody who is 6'3" with freakish agility.

That being said, he's pretty impressive.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 04-24-2014 at 09:46 PM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    The history of 6'5"+ 230lbs+ who run 4.6 40s is not promising. There are a couple exceptions, but not many. Ideally, you want somebody who is 6'3" with freakish agility.

That being said, he's pretty impressive.
    You are right about that but his body control is unreal for someone his size. Also I hear some scouts are thinking about moving him to TE down the road. All I know is you need to score TDs to win football games and this kid would be an absolute monster inside the 20 for us with Rodgers throwing him the ball.

I also like Jordan Matthews game a lot and I would prefer if we picked a defensive player in the 1st and Matthews in the 2nd if he happen to fall to us. Benjamin is not falling outside of the 1st round though, I honestly think the Seahawks will draft him and he'll end up being a stud for them.

I stopped the video at the 3 minute mark, at which point he had 1 catch for negative yards and two drops, and when the QB scrambled or looked the other way he basically stopped his routes and gave up, which will get him screamed at by Edgar Bennett and Rodgers. The routes plus his run blocking (no surprise, it's college) can and will get fixed with coaching, but I didn't see anything to make me start a campaign for him to be the R1 pick. If that was his worst game of the season I guess that explains it. I actually was more impressed with FSU's QB and the RB. To be clear: I don't think Benjamin is terrible, I just wouldn't take him R1 with the other players likely still on the board. If TT thinks otherwise and takes him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since I'm no scout, and cheer for him since he'd be a Packer.

I think you can get a 6'5" TE to be your red zone monster if needed. There's likely to be one available in R2.

FWIW I'm in the group that would prefer Matthews over Benjamin. 6'3" is still pretty tall, plus his 40 and college career production are better than Benjamin's. I think TT likes WR's with a history of production and Matthews fits that mold more than Benjamin. Agree I'd rather not have another WR under 5'11" on the roster unless they are special.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I stopped the video at the 3 minute mark, at which point he had 1 catch for negative yards and two drops, and when the QB scrambled or looked the other way he basically stopped his routes and gave up, which will get him screamed at by Edgar Bennett and Rodgers.
    So you didn't see any of his 3 TDs?