Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So I've been reading and forming opinions (I think it was KYPack who said that 95% of his "who to draft opinions" are formed based on comments from this board--I'm the same), and I still don't have anyone I'd love in the first round. I think I'd be okay with either of the two safeties in the first (but not sold on either), but it isn't like previous years where there was someone jumping off the board at me (although, to be fair, I was ambivalous the year Nick Perry was drafted too). It seems like there are too many split opinions on everyone.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

It's Goodell's fault for moving the draft back a couple more weeks. Gives us all extra time to love/hate players, many of whom will wash out of the league in 3-4 years.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    It would not surprise me if TT drafted a WR and a TE in first two rounds! Benjamin at WR and Austin Seferian-Jenkins at TE would create a serious red zone nightmare. TT's got the rest of the draft to go defense. I like Brock Vereen at S, Keith McGill and Stanley Jean-Baptiste at CB/S, Telvin Smith at ILB/S and McCullers at DT. And why not Bryan Stork at C with the 7th round pick?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    It would not surprise me if TT drafted a WR and a TE in first two rounds! Benjamin at WR and Austin Seferian-Jenkins at TE would create a serious red zone nightmare. TT's got the rest of the draft to go defense. I like Brock Vereen at S, Keith McGill and Stanley Jean-Baptiste at CB/S, Telvin Smith at ILB/S and McCullers at DT. And why not Bryan Stork at C with the 7th round pick?
    That is a nice list of prospects there, I would be happy if we drafted any one of those guys.

Yes to McCullers. Lukewarm on the others unless we got Vereen in the 5th

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    So I've been reading and forming opinions (I think it was KYPack who said that 95% of his "who to draft opinions" are formed based on comments from this board--I'm the same), and I still don't have anyone I'd love in the first round. I think I'd be okay with either of the two safeties in the first (but not sold on either), but it isn't like previous years where there was someone jumping off the board at me (although, to be fair, I was ambivalous the year Nick Perry was drafted too). It seems like there are too many split opinions on everyone.
    i've found that the best way to do it is to get 5, 6 or 7 guys that you like and wouldn't mind TT taking in the first, and try not to rank them. you're chances are better that TT will take a guy you "like", and you'll be less disappointed in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    benjamin is really just a TE that they call a WR, like jimmy graham. and in that case, ASJ is a better TE

the one thing benjamin has going for him is that he has freakish size for a WR and that makes him stand out. he's not a standout due to talent or production, just freakish size. his size, talent and production would put him as a pretty average TE imo. and in todays NFL where the line is blurred between WR and TE, is benjamin really all that impressive?

i say, fuck no

AS for benjamin being a redzone nightmare, i would say its no different that lining up another TE in the RZ

Goodell considering making draft a 4 day event. https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/s...93373839138818 I suppose eventually it'll be Draft Week.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Goodell considering making draft a 4 day event. https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/s...93373839138818 I suppose eventually it'll be Draft Week.
    someone needs to hurry up and shoot that asshole

i should be getting ready to watch round 2 right now, NOT sitting here talking about prospects for the next 2 weeks with you jack-offs

no offense

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    someone needs to hurry up and shoot that asshole

i should be getting ready to watch round 2 right now, NOT sitting here talking about prospects for the next 2 weeks with you jack-offs

no offense
    I am with you. Soon I will forget the lesson of all the drafts of my youth and begin to make predictions sure to be proven wrong.

BTW, with no sure fire prospect at 21 and a bunch of similar grades (and Bretsky begin for one of his three to fall to the Packers-which will happen) its a mortal lock Ted trades down.

Or selects free falling Johnny Manziel.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He does that and I will personally take a PackerRats contingent to the Hall of Fame vote when his name inevitably comes up. We will pelt the voters with eggs anytime his name is uttered.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I'm passing on Benjamin after listening to NFL Network today; questionable work ethic. I'll take Matthews in a second. I don't think Matthews falls to round two.

I'd LOVE Nate Robinson or Jordan Matthews in round two...doubt either gets there so I'm happy to stock defense
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

If we could get Robinson in the 2nd, I would be thrilled?

1. He doesn't run good routes yet. He'll take time to develop for useful gain in the NFL On top of this he runs a 4.61 40 yard dash and he's not strong with 13 rep's - bench.

See talk about a conversion to TE. Looking at film. Will he be a decent blocker? I see him as a project and our 1st Rd. pick needs to produce in 2014.

You don't have the run the best routes when you have a catching radius of a NBA center.

2. He catches the ball with his body.

No he doesn't, he actually has strong hands. He is similar to T.O. with drop passes though

3. He blows pass's and is especially weak on low throws (see his height)

I don't even know what you mean by he blows pass's but why would you throw the ball low to him when he can out jump any corner?

4. He needs to get stronger. Bench = 13 reps.

Sammy Watkins put up 16 and Mike Evans put up 12 reps...those are the top 2 WRs in the draft btw while your boy Beckham put up 7.

5. Will he be a WR/TE tweener !? Ted Thompson won't consider a tweener in Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    1. He doesn't run good routes yet. He'll take time to develop for useful gain in the NFL On top of this he runs a 4.61 40 yard dash and he's not strong with 13 rep's - bench.

See talk about a conversion to TE. Looking at film. Will he be a decent blocker? I see him as a project and our 1st Rd. pick needs to produce in 2014.

You don't have the run the best routes when you have a catching radius of a NBA center.

2. He catches the ball with his body.

No he doesn't, he actually has strong hands. He is similar to T.O. with drop passes though

3. He blows pass's and is especially weak on low throws (see his height)

I don't even know what you mean by he blows pass's but why would you throw the ball low to him when he can out jump any corner?

4. He needs to get stronger. Bench = 13 reps.

Sammy Watkins put up 16 and Mike Evans put up 12 reps...those are the top 2 WRs in the draft btw while your boy Beckham put up 7.

5. Will he be a WR/TE tweener !? Ted Thompson won't consider a tweener in Rd.

I've never claimed that Ted Thompson is infallible to error. See Nick Perry and "where does he belong now on our roster? Also.... see almost our entire DL. Does that excite you in terms of our current roster? A lot would have to jell this season for that DL to turn up effectively. I see a load of pieces and not much to describe as a whole.

From "a Scouting Report" on Nick Perry:

** " Played right defensive end in Monte Kiffin’s four-man front Tampa-2 defense where he is expected to be one of the four defenders up front to pressure the quarterback. "

** " May be[ best suited for a 4-3 scheme. "

Nick Perry isn't a tweener as much as he's best suited at DE in a 4-3 'D'.

Somehow Ted Thompson fell in love with him. By all means ...Ted Thompson may pick your guy.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-27-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^^ Awesome beatdown, especially the Perry retort! repped
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15h
    Got a big WR stat package on Bechkam, Cooks, Evans, Lee, Matthews and Watkins. Beyond-the-box-score stuff. Showed Matthews most productive

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14h
    Beckham, Lee and Matthews had no drops last season. Evans only one of "big six" WRs mentioned earlier without a fumble.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14h
    Cooks had five fumbles. Wonder if that would totally scare off the #Packers, who have no patience for fumbles.

Perry wasnt actually a tweener, he was a defensive end that we tried to shoehorn into OLB. Thompson showed in drafting him that he will draft the most talented guy, regardless of the scheme his club employs. Thats as horrible as it is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Perry wasnt actually a tweener, he was a defensive end that we tried to shoehorn into OLB. Thompson showed in drafting him that he will draft the most talented guy, regardless of the scheme his club employs. Thats as horrible as it is awesome.
    Actually he was because a lot of teams felt he would be a OLB at the next level since he played it his freshman year at USC and was a athletic freak.
    Last edited by Brandon494; 04-26-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Well to the extent of his build being a tweener, I still hold he is not. His ability might make him dynamic, but that is not what is implied by the term tweener.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Well to the extent of his build being a tweener, I still hold he is not. His ability might make him dynamic, but that is not what is implied by the term tweener.
    I gotcha