Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    someone needs to hurry up and shoot that asshole

i should be getting ready to watch round 2 right now, NOT sitting here talking about prospects for the next 2 weeks with you jack-offs

no offense
    I am with you. Soon I will forget the lesson of all the drafts of my youth and begin to make predictions sure to be proven wrong.

BTW, with no sure fire prospect at 21 and a bunch of similar grades (and Bretsky begin for one of his three to fall to the Packers-which will happen) its a mortal lock Ted trades down.

Or selects free falling Johnny Manziel.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    If we draft a WR with our 1st pick I hope its Kelvin Benjamin.
    TT won't like 10th ranked WR Kelvin Benjamin (6' - 5" and 240 lbs) as a prospective pick at #21. I predict that he's going to see 4-5 WR's come off the board ahead of him.

[/B]TT has many better options as a BPA on "D" and "WR".

WR prospect Kelvin Benjamin has these negative criticisms;

1. He doesn't run good routes yet. He'll take time to develop for useful gain in the NFL On top of this he runs a 4.61 40 yard dash and he's not strong with 13 rep's - bench.

See talk about a conversion to TE. Looking at film. Will he be a decent blocker? I see him as a project and our 1st Rd. pick needs to produce in 2014.

2. He catches the ball with his body.

3. He blows pass's and is especially weak on low throws (see his height)

4. He needs to get stronger. Bench = 13 reps.

5. Will he be a WR/TE tweener !? Ted Thompson won't consider a tweener in Rd.

It's my view that Kelvin Benjamin won't be TT's first round pick (at #21) in the 2014 draft.

** Better WR Options ** @ Pick #21:

A.) ** WR O'Dell Beckham Jr., LSU ... ( 5 '-11 " and 198 lbs ....size !? ) and a 4.43 40 yard dash.

B.) ** A special athlete: Brandin Cooks, Oregon State (Junior) ... ( 5 '-10 " and 189 lbs = size issue) and a very fast 4.33 40 yard dash and 16 Reps Bench; 36" Vert. and 10' - 0" broad. 6.81 shuttle and 6.76 shuttle.

Others: '

C.)
    Marqise Lee, S. CAL ... ( 6 '- 0 " and 192 lbs. ) ....a 4.52 40 Yards but better height and a 38 inch Vert. . . . . a projected 2nd Rd. pick.

D.) Allen Robinson, Penn State ... SIZE @ 6'-3' and 220 lbs ! ... 4.60 40 yard dash and a Verticle of 39 inches and a 10 ' - 7 " Broad. . . . . . a projected 2nd Rd. pick.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-25-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

If we could get Robinson in the 2nd, I would be thrilled?

1. He doesn't run good routes yet. He'll take time to develop for useful gain in the NFL On top of this he runs a 4.61 40 yard dash and he's not strong with 13 rep's - bench.

See talk about a conversion to TE. Looking at film. Will he be a decent blocker? I see him as a project and our 1st Rd. pick needs to produce in 2014.

You don't have the run the best routes when you have a catching radius of a NBA center.

No he doesn't, he actually has strong hands. He is similar to T.O. with drop passes though

I don't even know what you mean by he blows pass's but why would you throw the ball low to him when he can out jump any corner?

Sammy Watkins put up 16 and Mike Evans put up 12 reps...those are the top 2 WRs in the draft btw while your boy Beckham put up 7.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^^ Awesome beatdown, especially the Perry retort! repped
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15h
    Got a big WR stat package on Bechkam, Cooks, Evans, Lee, Matthews and Watkins. Beyond-the-box-score stuff. Showed Matthews most productive

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14h
    Beckham, Lee and Matthews had no drops last season. Evans only one of "big six" WRs mentioned earlier without a fumble.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14h
    Cooks had five fumbles. Wonder if that would totally scare off the #Packers, who have no patience for fumbles.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Perry wasnt actually a tweener, he was a defensive end that we tried to shoehorn into OLB. Thompson showed in drafting him that he will draft the most talented guy, regardless of the scheme his club employs. Thats as horrible as it is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Perry wasnt actually a tweener, he was a defensive end that we tried to shoehorn into OLB. Thompson showed in drafting him that he will draft the most talented guy, regardless of the scheme his club employs. Thats as horrible as it is awesome.
    Actually he was because a lot of teams felt he would be a OLB at the next level since he played it his freshman year at USC and was a athletic freak.
    Last edited by Brandon494; 04-26-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Well to the extent of his build being a tweener, I still hold he is not. His ability might make him dynamic, but that is not what is implied by the term tweener.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Well to the extent of his build being a tweener, I still hold he is not. His ability might make him dynamic, but that is not what is implied by the term tweener.
    I gotcha

There are uses for guys like that. Telvin Smith is a safety/coverage LB tweener who could prosper in the NFL if he is used correctly. Are there any high profile tweeners in the draft that we might target?

At CBS, Rang, Brugler and Brinson have one of the top two safeties dropping to Packers. Brugler's is the oldest mock (4/21). Each has Prior falling.

Prisco has both gone (Dix-DC, Prior-AC), Kirwan as well. (Dix-Vikes, Prior-Rams)

Brugler and Brinson have the Packers skipping Prior and taking Ward at 21. Rang takes Prior. Prisco takes Shazier and Kirwan has Mosley for the Packers.

Its the earliest Ward appears. Shazier goes to the Cards at 20 in one mock, 24-Bengals in two and drops out of first in the last. Prior goes as early as 13 and also falls out of the first round. Mosley goes from 14 to 29 (all first rounders)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Tweener as I understand it is not about playing time, experience or versatility. Its about fit of a body to a position in the pros.

Perry hasn't exhibited Tweener problems at OLB except for a couple of coverage incidents. He is the strong side backer on a defense that needed one to set an edge. They can live with less than ideal coverage if he can hold the fort. His main problem has been lack of pass rush and health. His right side mini-explosion of sacks from the right side was intriguing, but not enough to stop the Packers from signing his replacement.

Are his pass rush problems because he is a Tweener? Maybe, but we have no evidence of it (say a stint with his hand in the dirt) and the evidence of his time on the right side argues it isn't.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h
    Nice shirt, @haha_cd6. #Packers RT @EricHertel: don't know if you saw this but HaHa posted this on his Instagram pic.twitter.com/I080fZVjJg

Vandermause on Packer Draft needs:

http://www.packersnews.com/article/2...rs-draft-needs

I find it odd he doesn't know who he wants to replace at ILB.

You don't have the run the best routes when you have a catching radius of a NBA center.

No he doesn't, he actually has strong hands. He is similar to T.O. with drop passes though

I don't even know what you mean by he blows pass's but why would you throw the ball low to him when he can out jump any corner?

Sammy Watkins put up 16 and Mike Evans put up 12 reps...those are the top 2 WRs in the draft btw while your boy Beckham put up 7.

I've never claimed that Ted Thompson is infallible to error. See Nick Perry and "where does he belong now on our roster? Also.... see almost our entire DL. Does that excite you in terms of our current roster? A lot would have to jell this season for that DL to turn up effectively. I see a load of pieces and not much to describe as a whole.

From "a Scouting Report" on Nick Perry:

** " Played right defensive end in Monte Kiffin’s four-man front Tampa-2 defense where he is expected to be one of the four defenders up front to pressure the quarterback. "

** " May be[ best suited for a 4-3 scheme. "

Nick Perry isn't a tweener as much as he's best suited at DE in a 4-3 'D'.

Somehow Ted Thompson fell in love with him. By all means ...Ted Thompson may pick your guy.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-27-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Benjamin's 40, vertical and broad jump were all in the bottom fourth among wide receivers at the Combine. Add in that he drops passes and doesn't run great routes, and I'm not impressed. His height/weight seems to be his only outstanding quality. Pass.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Benjamin's 40, vertical and broad jump were all in the bottom fourth among wide receivers at the Combine. Add in that he drops passes and doesn't run great routes, and I'm not impressed. His height/weight seems to be his only outstanding quality. Pass.
    i agree. He looked like a lumbering oaf against college talent. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes in the 6th or 7th round or undrafted as a WR. Looked really bad to me, unless hes a te, then maybe but hes so small. maybe 3rd or 4th round as a TE.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Agree to disagree I guess...I will almost guarantee he won't make it out of the 1st round though.

Blog Entries
    Agree to disagree I guess...I will almost guarantee he won't make it out of the 1st round though.

I think he falls well into the 2's. We'll see.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?