Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I like him. My final ILB board may have him at the top. Tough though because Mosley is a just a solid all-around player. He has a high floor. I'm not 100% positive that Shazier's game will translate to the NFL though. I think he has more upside than Mosley, and he might be the right fit for the Packers because our LBs have lacked coverage skills.

For what it's worth I consider Shazier and Mosley about even as fits for Green Bay; would be elated with both. But IMO no way do we have a shot at Mosley and it's about 50-50 for Shazier.

Ward will be there for sure..........I'M CALLING IT.......TRADE DOWN...............

TT trades down into round two.................Ward is there......Red Specialty............TT goes BPA and drafts a WR..............lol

that would add priceless entertainment through the whole off season
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Shazier was willing, I didn't see him ole many blocks and he was willing to use his hands to shield, but he doesn't deliver much of a punch to stop the blocker. He actually gets off several blocks better than current Packers. Tackling is up and down. Saw him finish a few, no kill shots, but also whiffed a couple of times.

Hard to judge how he would look versus a more traditional offense because all the run action of Clemson was off spread concepts. He was always five yards deep to protect against pass first when he was inside. Hoped to see his speed play more of a factor. He did chase two guys outside and forced them OOB.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I've settled in on a guy I want most. CJ Mosley, ilb, Alabama. Hawk won't be around too much longer. Mosley is a man, not a boy playing football. He's a leader and a guy who can be the heart of the defense for years to come. His skill and awareness is off the charts and is a hell of an athlete too. To me, he's a special piece, especially with the makeup of our team. He's bishop with coverage ability and speed.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I've settled in on a guy I want most. CJ Mosley, ilb, Alabama. Hawk won't be around too much longer. Mosley is a man, not a boy playing football. He's a leader and a guy who can be the heart of the defense for years to come. His skill and awareness is off the charts and is a hell of an athlete too. To me, he's a special piece, especially with the makeup of our team. He's bishop with coverage ability and speed.
    don't think he's there for us at 21

I think we might be choosing for Shazier...if he makes it...and some DL Slugs and WR's

My three I'm at peace with are Mosley.....Prior....and Shazier in that order
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    don't think he's there for us at 21

I think we might be choosing for Shazier...if he makes it...and some DL Slugs and WR's

My three I'm at peace with are Mosley.....Prior....and Shazier in that order
    ward, pryor, mosley, shazier for me, in that order

when i watch them, i think mosley and pryor and haha can all be very good players. shazier could be a decent starter (very hawk like, but i'm one of the few who thinks that would be ok). but ward, to me, is the only one that looks like he could be special. and his size is really the only problem i can find with him

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    ward, pryor, mosley, shazier for me, in that order

when i watch them, i think mosley and pryor and haha can all be very good players. shazier could be a decent starter (very hawk like, but i'm one of the few who thinks that would be ok). but ward, to me, is the only one that looks like he could be special. and his size is really the only problem i can find with him

I need to go find some more film on Ward; I"m not on board with him and think he's going in the 32-45 range. he's truly a guy i'd want to deal down for and not grab at 21

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Shazier was willing, I didn't see him ole many blocks and he was willing to use his hands to shield, but he doesn't deliver much of a punch to stop the blocker. He actually gets off several blocks better than current Packers. Tackling is up and down. Saw him finish a few, no kill shots, but also whiffed a couple of times.

Hard to judge how he would look versus a more traditional offense because all the run action of Clemson was off spread concepts. He was always five yards deep to protect against pass first when he was inside. Hoped to see his speed play more of a factor. He did chase two guys outside and forced them OOB.

The numbers don't lie

39 Tackles for Loss the last two years
    4 Forced Fumbles last year

And he's able to move around and play different roles at LB

That has value

I like that Shazier is always around the play. He does miss some tackles and not a big hitter. As PB said, he looks better than some Packer guys at shedding blocks currently. Looks a little stiff in coverage.

I like Shazier a lot more than Mosley.

Would be happey with Shazier in the 1st, would be disappointed with Mosley.

Mosley is okay, but I want more upside in the 1st round than just "okay". I'm not even sure Mosley is a 2nd rounder... my initial reaction was 3rd rounder, but I haven't watched him much since I first took a look at him - I'll watch him some more and see if he changes my mind.
    wist

What if we got Mosley in the first and then moved up in the second and got ward too!! Plus peppers and Casey heyward back. If not for capers, we'd probably be pretty good.

Blog Entries
    What if we got Mosley in the first and then moved up in the second and got ward too!! Plus peppers and Casey heyward back. If not for capers, we'd probably be pretty good.

If you believe GB is just a couple impact players away....as I do....everybody would be very happy with this !!!

On the other hand, if Shazier, Mosley, Prior, and Haha are all gone I really hope TT makes a strong effort to trade down

Blog Entries
    they also had Mosley going 11; that was a surprise.

GB..they have them taking SHAZIER...calling him a guy who can run and cover and an explosive blitzer

If you believe GB is just a couple impact players away....as I do....everybody would be very happy with this !!!

On the other hand, if Shazier, Mosley, Prior, and Ha Ha are all gone I really hope TT makes a strong effort to trade down
    Looking at this over the last couple of days and it seems as if all three of the four we covet ie C. J. Mosely; Ryan Shazier and Calvin Prior might be picked prior to our #21 pick based on the current ranking by this draft site (CBS.Com).

Today... FS Ha ha Cllinton-Dix is ranked 23rd.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...teadiest-riser

Newest CBS Ranking:

11th LB C.J. Mosely Alabama (6-2, 234, 4.65)

15th OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State (6-1, 237, 4.58)

18. FS Calvin Pryor, Louisville (5-11, 207, 4.58)

Others:

20. TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina (6-4, 250, 4.60)

21. DE Kony Ealy, Missouri (6-4, 273, 4.92)

22. WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State (5-10, 189, 4.33)

23. FS Hasean Clinton-Dix, Alabama* (6-1, 208, 4.58)

24. WR Odell Beckham Jr., LSU (5-11, 198, 4.43)

25. DE/OLB Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State (6-3, 251, 4.80)

26. DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State (6-2, 299, 5.06)

27. WR Marqise Lee, Southern Cal (6-0, 192, 4.52)

28. CB Jason Verrett, TCU (5-9, 189, 4.38)

29. QB Derek Carr, Fresno State (6-2, 214, 4.69) woodbuck27: Maybe? .... Draft and trade him.

30. OG Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA (6-4, 307, 5.04)

31. WR Cody Latimer, Indiana (6-3, 215, 4.45)

32. OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU (6-3, 243, 4.71)

33. DE Scott Crichton, Oregon State (6-3, 274, 4.84)

34. CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State (5-11, 194, 4.39)

35. OL Joel Bitonio, Nevada (6-4, 302, 4.97)

36. FS Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois (5-11, 193, 4.59)
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Looking at this over the last couple of days and it seems as if all three of the four we covet ie C. J. Mosely; Ryan Shazier and Calvin Prior might be picked prior to our #21 pick based on the current ranking by this draft site (CBS.Com).

Today... FS Ha ha Cllinton-Dix is ranked 23rd.

Newest CBS Ranking:

11th LB C.J. Mosely Alabama (6-2, 234, 4.65)

15th OLB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State (6-1, 237, 4.58)

18. FS Calvin Pryor, Louisville (5-11, 207, 4.58)

Others:

20. TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina (6-4, 250, 4.60)

21. DE Kony Ealy, Missouri (6-4, 273, 4.92)

22. WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State (5-10, 189, 4.33)

23. FS Hasean Clinton-Dix, Alabama* (6-1, 208, 4.58)

24. WR Odell Beckham Jr., LSU (5-11, 198, 4.43)

25. DE/OLB Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State (6-3, 251, 4.80)

26. DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State (6-2, 299, 5.06)

27. WR Marqise Lee, Southern Cal (6-0, 192, 4.52)

28. CB Jason Verrett, TCU (5-9, 189, 4.38)

29. QB Derek Carr, Fresno State (6-2, 214, 4.69) woodbuck27: Maybe? .... Draft and trade him.

30. OG Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA (6-4, 307, 5.04)

31. WR Cody Latimer, Indiana (6-3, 215, 4.45)

32. OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU (6-3, 243, 4.71)

33. DE Scott Crichton, Oregon State (6-3, 274, 4.84)

34. CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State (5-11, 194, 4.39)

35. OL Joel Bitonio, Nevada (6-4, 302, 4.97)

36. FS Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois (5-11, 193, 4.59)

OF THIS GROUP the only one that jumps out is Ebron as 22; I think he's going well ahead of us but perhaps that is due to not many TE's being worth muck. I also think the safeties get over drafted and it would really surprise me if HaHa and Prior get by the Ravens. Jimmy Ward will be there for us if we want him as many in PR do.

I would love it if somehow any of the following fell: Barr (I'd trade up if he gets close to us), HaHa, Prior, Shazier, and Mosley. I have a feeling it's going to be Shazier and the SL Slugs and some high rates WR's though. And Arizona could grab Shazier and ruin my day. Part of my intrigue with Shazier...who I hate deep down....is I'm sick of being San Francisco's bitch for four times straight. AND if you want to call a spade a spade.....they are in a better position draft wise to improve their team as they are loaded with picks.

If we're sitting there with the Slugs, Ward, and WR's I'm more than fine with TT taking the Best WR (Cooks/Beckam).....reaching for Ward a bit...but in reality...I'd be trying like hell to trade down.

At worst....try to get Cleveland to trade up to 21 (so nobody jumps them for a QB) and take as little as a 4th round pick to do so. You might be able to use their 4th on a guy like Ed Reynolds or Jared Abrederis.

OF THIS GROUP the only one that jumps out is Ebron as 22; I think he's going well ahead of us but perhaps that is due to not many TE's being worth muck. I also think the safeties get over drafted and it would really surprise me if HaHa and Prior get by the Ravens. Jimmy Ward will be there for us if we want him as many in PR do.

I would love it if somehow any of the following fell: Barr (I'd trade up if he gets close to us), HaHa, Prior, Shazier, and Mosley. I have a feeling it's going to be Shazier and the SL Slugs and some high rates WR's though. And Arizona could grab Shazier and ruin my day. Part of my intrigue with Shazier...who I hate deep down....is I'm sick of being San Francisco's bitch for four times straight. AND if you want to call a spade a spade.....they are in a better position draft wise to improve their team as they are loaded with picks.

If we're sitting there with the Slugs, Ward, and WR's I'm more than fine with TT taking the Best WR (Cooks/Beckam).....reaching for Ward a bit...but in reality...I'd be trying like hell to trade down.

At worst....try to get Cleveland to trade up to 21 (so nobody jumps them for a QB) and take as little as a 4th round pick to do so. You might be able to use their 4th on a guy like Ed Reynolds or Jared Abrederis.
    This morning or Monday May 05, 2014 NFL toatal Access has our pick being surprisingly looking back over the past two months as Free Safety Hasean "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix, Fr. Alabama:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...an-clinton-dix

Get a load of these Mocks picks and the Packers pick @ NO. 21:

Bucky Brooks says we pick C.J. Mosley. He has FS Hasean "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix going at Pick NO. 13 to the RAMS and da Chicago Bears going FS as well and Calvin Pryor with the next pick at Pick NO 14.

Many Packerrats will be pleased to learn that Mike Huguenin, Chase Goodbread and Matt Smith also have the Packers hooking up with Alabama ILB C. J. Mosely at Pick NO. 21.

Comment woodbuck27: It's my view that the Bears will go FS as well and if not they go right of the top to a priority need (DT) and take DT Aaron Donald Fr. Pittsburgh or NT Timmy Jernigan Fr. Florida State.

Looking at other Mocks from NFL.Com:

Former NFL GM Charley Casserly says it'll be: DE Stephon Tuitt Fr. Notre Dame ( Tuitt will start in his first year at defensive end. The Packers need a safety, ** but there are none left with first-round abilities.)

Charley Casserly has FS Calvin Pryor going at #14 to the Chicago Bears; ** and he has Hasean "Ha Ha" Clinton-Dix going in the #16 spot after the RAMs make a trade at #13 with the Dallas Cowboys who covet DT Aaron Donald Fr. Pittsburgh and want to steal his possible selection from the Chicago Bears.

[B]Note: Other noteables based on Packerrats views:

Charlie Casserly has ILB C. J. Mosley going at NO. 17 to the Baltimore Ravens;

WR Brandin Cooks goes @ NO. 20 to the Arizona Cardinals.

and OLB Ryan Shazier going at Pick #31 overall to the Denver Broncos.

Charles Davis and Daniel Jeremiah think it will be Ted Thompson and TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins fr. Washington ( The comment by Charles Davis: Packers buy into getting the 2012 ASJ model -- a dynamic, physical, fast player with big-time hands ).

Daniel Jeremiah says in terms of TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins:

Seferian-Jenkins needs more polish, but his combination of size, catch radius and high-point skills will make him an immediate impact player in the red zone.

Please see for full Mock results:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...ins?id=2543683
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 05-05-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Blog Entries
    Just watched the NFL Network Mock Draft. They have a guy I LOVE dropping to 18 in Anthony Barr

Putting him opposite the Claymaker.....there is a guy I would move up for

They also have HaHa going to Chicago and Prior going to Ravens. Nearly everybody has the enforcer, Prior, going to Baltimore

Blog Entries
    Everybody has Derek Car going to Cleveland at 26; would any teams trade up to get ahead of them ??

Everybody has Derek Car going to Cleveland at 26; would any teams trade up to get ahead of them ??
    Id take Barr in a heartbeat, bretsky. Reminds me of Aldon smith without the alcoholism.

Id take Barr in a heartbeat, bretsky. Reminds me of Aldon smith without the alcoholism.
    No kidding:

8. OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA (6-5, 255, 4.66):

Let's hope. I would love this. Aren't the latest rumors having the DE going one, the LT going 2, then Sammy Watkins then the QB from TT to the Brownies?