Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    I was starting to feel Shazier would be gone by the time we picked which is why I found it funny some were talking about trading down then drafting him. I hope we trade down instead of reaching to filll a need but I'm really starting to think Stephon Tuitt will be our 1st round pick. TT always seems to pick someone that no one predicts.
    dbl post
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I'm worried Kony Ealy might be the pick, provided Shazier and Mosley and the safeties are gone and TT can't trade down. Just what we need, another Tweener.
    Before I even knew anything much about him (or the other top prospects) I had a dream that we drafted him and he was out of the league in 2 years.

.... I also had a dream wherein Datone Jones committed suicide. Really horrible Packer dreams of late.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Before I even knew anything much about him (or the other top prospects) I had a dream that we drafted him and he was out of the league in 2 years.

.... I also had a dream wherein Datone Jones committed suicide. Really horrible Packer dreams of late.
    WTF is wrong with you man? You have a sick mind....our first round draft pick out of the league in 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post

Not as long as Rick Spielman has a job.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    WTF is wrong with you man? You have a sick mind....our first round draft pick out of the league in 2 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Not as long as Rick Spielman has a job.

Heh good responses, both.

Okay, I've already offered my last two cents on what I want out of the draft (but I'm less unsold on the ILBs as I was three days ago, so I suppose I'd be okay with either of them).

But I think all four will be gone (HHCD and Pryor to other teams), Mosley to Pittsburgh, and Shazier to Chicago. Chicago likes them their LBs, especially if they think Green Bay wants one. Plus, they've been known to pounce on picks we want GB to take.

So with all four gone, I have no idea what way TT will go. Outside those four, I'm either hoping another top tier talent gets pushed down, or he trades back. So likely that he trades back...
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I'm okay if he trades back or trades up - if he trades back, it's extra picks. If he trades up, he must smell a difference-maker. I don't think he'd trade up to get a guy he thinks will be an okay starter.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    and Shazier to Chicago. Chicago likes them their LBs, especially if they think Green Bay wants one. Plus, they've been known to pounce on picks we want GB to take.

I've been worried about this too. If so, I hope every bad thing about Shazier comes to pass. I'd rather have Chicago deal with Blackhawk; they're used to it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Okay, I've already offered my last two cents on what I want out of the draft (but I'm less unsold on the ILBs as I was three days ago, so I suppose I'd be okay with either of them).

But I think all four will be gone (HHCD and Pryor to other teams), Mosley to Pittsburgh, and Shazier to Chicago. Chicago likes them their LBs, especially if they think Green Bay wants one. Plus, they've been known to pounce on picks we want GB to take.

So with all four gone, I have no idea what way TT will go. Outside those four, I'm either hoping another top tier talent gets pushed down, or he trades back. So likely that he trades back...
    Wouldn't surprise me if Chicago takes Shazier. Those Bastards took Shea McClellin in 2012, knowing full well he doesn't fit their system and, at the time, seemed a perfect fit for GB. Instead, we end up with Nick "Tweener" Perrry.

I've already offered my last two cents on what I want out of the draft
    Kind of an interesting way to think about it. From a purely positional standpoint, I'd like to see them add

2 S, 1 ILB, 1 OLB, 1 DL, 1-2 WR, 1 TE, 1 interior OL, maybe another CB. Hopefully someone from that group can be a KR/PR.

From a needs standpoint, they need to add some deep speed/better communication at S, speed/coverage skills at LB, size at WR and TE...and have everyone do some tackling drills.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 6m
    A source tells me Ryan Mallett to the Texans may soon be done.

Middle aged posters who also follow baseball will recognize this as the New York Mets Pitching Prospect Effect from the late 1980s.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.