Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

In my opinion, you want to draft lineman in the first round, just because the quality drops off so fast. It's early yet, and most teams don't like to draft guards in the first round, but Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor, 6-5, 335, played LT in 2011, and is a bulldozer in the run game. I could see him blocking for Lacy, maybe move Lang over to C. I'm not that happy with EDS at C. Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (6-4, 318) is a consideration too. Ha Ha isn't a great tackler, I'd rather have Dion Bailey, FS, Southern Cal. in the 3rd round.
    Thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    In my opinion, you want to draft lineman in the first round, just because the quality drops off so fast. It's early yet, and most teams don't like to draft guards in the first round, but Cyril Richardson, G, Baylor, 6-5, 335, played LT in 2011, and is a bulldozer in the run game. I could see him blocking for Lacy, maybe move Lang over to C. I'm not that happy with EDS at C. Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (6-4, 318) is a consideration too. Ha Ha isn't a great tackler, I'd rather have Dion Bailey, FS, Southern Cal. in the 3rd round.
    Your getting down with the upcoming draft...super! Thanks for the heads up and the mentioned prospects. I''ll take a look.

I'm just on and off 'dabbling' with that right now to 'dabbling slowmo'. There's something else that has my attention in a BIG WAY.

GO PACKERS....GO PACK GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    No, trade down when someone gets infatuated. All about the sweet haul of picks. I'd rather have the SC boy though.
    It's hard to change the spots on ... (pick one ...Yah Yah right there).

Just maybe?...quality over quantity may be the order of his day!?

GO PACK GO !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    I think you have to take a shot at OL with the guys we have and pray for health. We are so weak at MLB and S that OL isn't a true concern. If Bulaga, Tretter and Sherrod can come in and stay healthy we are a different OL already.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Write it down, they need an outside corner. Hyde and Hayward can patrol the middle, but Tramontana isn't getting better and the House development project looks like its in trouble.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Write it down, they need an outside corner. Hyde and Hayward can patrol the middle, but Tramontana isn't getting better and the House development project looks like its in trouble.
    Add in the length of time it's taken to ink Sam Shields and the pic isn't good.

Packers become EX Packers.

A little help for the Bank of the Green Bay Packers.... PLEASE.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 47m
    At least two teams said this week they have UCLA's Brett Hundley rated as highest-rated QB in the 2014 draft if he decides to enter it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think I have seen signs that Tramon is getting better. The 2 picks (well, one and almost one) against the steelers were athletic plays. His forte was always ballhawking and he has flashed that again. I guess I will trust in TT and see how he handles that contract in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I think I have seen signs that Tramon is getting better. The 2 picks (well, one and almost one) against the steelers were athletic plays. His forte was always ballhawking and he has flashed that again. I guess I will trust in TT and see how he handles that contract in the offseason.
    I think that injury and the long recovery time has really messed with him. Normally your physical decline (say Woodson AFTER his Raiders tenure) comes on slowly as you lose some speed, flexibility, etc.

But Tramontana had to re-learn to play CB one armed AND declined a bit over the two years it took to recover. I would not be stunned if he has leveled off and will have a comeback of sorts next year. If House is done though, they still need an outside corner.

$$$$$$$$$$ Costly CB's $$$$$$$$$$

pbmax is correct.

Who wins:

Detroit @ Minny?

San Fran @ Arizona?

i think this is a classic case of a guy making a couple highlight reel plays and all of a sudden people are forgetting his past sins.

i still think he's average at best at CB, maybe a little better. but he's not close to being a top CB

i don't think he plays anywhere near a 10 million dollar CB, so i would be shocked if he didn't get cut, OR take a pay cut ala hawk

like i said somewhere else, i would rather cut tramon and give shields his money

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think this is a classic case of a guy making a couple highlight reel plays and all of a sudden people are forgetting his past sins.

i still think he's average at best at CB, maybe a little better. but he's not close to being a top CB

i don't think he plays anywhere near a 10 million dollar CB, so i would be shocked if he didn't get cut, OR take a pay cut ala hawk

like i said somewhere else, i would rather cut tramon and give shields his money
    The dollar amount is the biggest problem. But earlier this year he was worse than his dollar problem.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

We aren't really disagreeing. I don't see him as a top CB, but where he was sucking it up for 2 years, he has gotten back to slightly above average. I also agree he is paid as a top CB and may take a cut, or TT may be loyal if we have the cap space to accomplish what he wants to do. Is he in the last year of that deal? If so, TT may just ride it out, if there is more than one year to go he may try to rework the numbers.

edit ps. I haven't forgotten his sins, and I am not only talking about his play last week. He has flashed here and there and not had any gaffes for about 5-6 weeks now. Maybe its just a lucky run, but as I have stated before, I don't believe a CB gets lucky for more than 2 weeks max.

We aren't really disagreeing. I don't see him as a top CB, but where he was sucking it up for 2 years, he has gotten back to slightly above average. I also agree he is paid as a top CB and may take a cut, or TT may be loyal if we have the cap space to accomplish what he wants to do. Is he in the last year of that deal? If so, TT may just ride it out, if there is more than one year to go he may try to rework the numbers.

edit ps. I haven't forgotten his sins, and I am not only talking about his play last week. He has flashed here and there and not had any gaffes for about 5-6 weeks now. Maybe its just a lucky run, but as I have stated before, I don't believe a CB gets lucky for more than 2 weeks max.
    yup, next year is his last year under contract

here's his contract

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay...amon-williams/

wonder if its possible to extend him, where we would turn his whole 2014 salary into a signing bonus. he could stil get the same amount of money, but his cap number could come way down. it would have to be something like tearing up his existing contract and starting over.

like. 2 two year extension for 15 million, with lets say 9 million as a signing bonus (just to make it easier). first year salary is maybe 1 million, 2 million in year 2, and 3 million in year 3

in 2014 he already has 2 million from his last signing bonus, so that would stay. you would add the new 3 million dollars in pro rated signing bonus, plus his million dollar salary. so in 2014 his cap number would be around 6 million, down from the 9.5 that it is suppose to be

in 2015 the cap number would be 5 million, and in 2016 it would be 6 million

those numbers look a lot better to me. i don't know if he would go for it or not

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Shut this fucking thread down for at least a week.

Packers would have had 14th pick if they lost. They'll now be somewhere between 21-32. More the area where TT has made his best picks. Matthews and Rodgers were mid-20's.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

if we go te (which I'm not exactly advocating since the d needs so much help)...jace amaro...texas tech

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 47m
    At least two teams said this week they have UCLA's Brett Hundley rated as highest-rated QB in the 2014 draft if he decides to enter it.
    Brownies want Bortles. Think he will be the next Big Ben, sans assaults.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Who to take at #32?
    C.H.U.D.