Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: official 2014 nfl draft thread

another high profile QB has decided to stay in school rather then take his chances of getting drafted by the queens

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-stay-at-ucla/

this is the guy many mocks had going to minnie

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    another high profile QB has decided to stay in school rather then take his chances of getting drafted by the queens

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-stay-at-ucla/

this is the guy many mocks had going to minnie
    Probably a good move for him. He was probably going to be at best the 4th QB taken. A good senior year could make him the #1 QB next year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Probably a good move for him. He was probably going to be at best the 4th QB taken. A good senior year could make him the #1 QB next year.
    yeah but they are projecting 4 or 5 qb's to be taken with the first 8 picks. one mock had 4 going in the first 5 picks

i think, if you're going in the top 10 of the draft, you come out and start getting paid.

look how badly going back to school hurt matt barkly. most though he would be the #1 pick, but he went back, and i think he was a 3rd or 4th rounder

yeah but they are projecting 4 or 5 qb's to be taken with the first 8 picks. one mock had 4 going in the first 5 picks

i think, if you're going in the top 10 of the draft, you come out and start getting paid.

look how badly going back to school hurt matt barkly. most though he would be the #1 pick, but he went back, and i think he was a 3rd or 4th rounder
    I think you're right that there are probably 4 teams looking to take a QB in the top 8 picks. The danger for him would have been if he's not one of the top 4, he could drop right out of the 1st round.

Player Pos. Pos. Rank School Class Ht. Wt. Proj. Round

Teddy Bridgewater QB 1 Louisville Jr 6-3 205 1

Johnny Manziel QB 2 Texas A&M rSo 6-0 210 1

Blake Bortles QB 3 UCF rJr 6-3 230 1

Derek Carr QB 4 Fresno State rSr 6-3 218 1

Brett Smith QB 5 Wyoming Jr 6-2 206 2

David Fales QB 6 San Jose State Sr 6-2 220 2-3

Zach MettenbergerInjured QB 7 LSU rSr 6-5 235 2-3

A.J. McCarron QB 8 Alabama rSr 6-3 214 3

Jimmy Garoppolo QB 9 Eastern Illinois Sr 6-2 222 3

Tajh Boyd QB 10 Clemson rSr 6-1 225 3-4
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

a lot of mocks don't have carr as a first rounder, other say he'll be just as big of a bust as his brother was

i hope the viqueens trade up to take him

a lot of mocks don't have carr as a first rounder, other say he'll be just as big of a bust as his brother was

i hope the viqueens trade up to take him
    You trying to get banned? Dissing a guy from Fresno State?

You trying to get banned? Dissing a guy from Fresno State?
    what, is that where sanchez (i assume thats mads real name, probably jose sanchez) went?

i think its official

we have the 21st pick

i want cj mosely, we need a fast tough MLB

trade up if you have to

Green Bay will pick No. 21, Philadelphia No. 22, Cincinnati No. 23 and Kansas City No. 24.
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...Fc9HLMhySlZ.99
    Mosley might be available at 21...hard to say. Lots can happen between then and now...Senior Bowl, Combine, brushes with law, etc.

Not sure that Sam Barrington will come in and take one of the ILB spots.
    Capers has had to play a lot of rookie starters the last two seasons...not sure how much plugging more rookies in will help, but they need more speed at ILB, more pass rush, and another safety. Of course, being healthy helps too. IMO the Safeties and ILBs play hard but are mostly JAGs.
    TT did better with this crop of rookies than the previous year IMO -- Lacy, Bahktiari, Hyde will be better, and if Tretter, Franklin and Jones can play it's a pretty good draft class. Here's hoping this next group is a good one too -- they need help.

I'd be really surprised if Mosley is available at 21, especially with Lovie Smith taking over at Tampa Bay. Maybe Shayne Skov of Stanford in the 2nd round.

It sounds like the strengths of this draft are WR, TE, OT, and OLB. CB and QB are deep but not elite at the top. RB, DL, and S are relatively weak. I'm starting to think Thompson might shock the world and sign a FA DL (if he is unable to resign Raji) and/or FA safety. Don't look for him to grab a stud like Byrd though, but there is a lot of depth in the FA market at those positions. I'm intrigued by TE Jace Amaro. He's projected to go in round 2 in the projections I see, but he looks a little like Jason Witten to me. I'm also intrigues by Jordan Matthews. He reminds me a little of Jordy Nelson. TT might be able to get a guy like Arthur Jones, Linval Joseph, Paul Soliai, and Randy Starks without breaking the bank. Byrd will probably get too much money. T.J. Ward is intriguing. Or he could go cheaper with a guy like Malcolm Jenkins or Nate Allen (a bust until this year, but was solid in 2013) and hope they are serviceable. I'd love to get a guy like Jason Worilds of Pittsburgh, but he'll likely get too much money. More likely, TT tries to resign Mike Neal. Then, rolls with Clay, Perry, and Neal and hope they stay healthy next year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I would love if we drafted Jace Amaro in the 2nd round but I doubt he'll fall to our 2nd round pick...besides I don't want TT drafting anything but defense with the first 3 picks. I also like all those defensive FAs you name but I'm not getting my hopes up...its TT we are talking about.

I'm warming up to Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=radhkxCTH-w he has good size and plays aggressive, he plays ST, and we could leave Hyde at CB. I don't think he would be a reach at 21.
    Thanks Ted!

" More likely, TT tries to resign Mike Neal. Then, rolls with Clay, Perry, and Neal and hope they stay healthy next year." HarveyWallbangers

Thudd !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Mosley might be available at 21...hard to say. Lots can happen between then and now...Senior Bowl, Combine, brushes with law, etc.

Not sure that Sam Barrington will come in and take one of the ILB spots.
    Capers has had to play a lot of rookie starters the last two seasons...not sure how much plugging more rookies in will help, but they need more speed at ILB, more pass rush, and another safety. Of course, being healthy helps too. IMO the Safeties and ILBs play hard but are mostly JAGs.
    TT did better with this crop of rookies than the previous year IMO -- Lacy, Bahktiari, Hyde will be better, and if Tretter, Franklin and Jones can play it's a pretty good draft class. Here's hoping this next group is a good one too -- they need help.
    I agree that TT's last draft looks OK right now.

RB Eddie Lacy is a hero in my books. That man has courage that few on the team can best. I'm all in as Eddie Lacy as my favourite Green Bay Packer.

LT David Bakhtiari was tossed into the fire and hardened. He impressed many considering this was a Rookie season. He'll hopefuly be moved to either RT or guard next season.

CB Micah Hyde did contribute and almost did in a huge way last Sunday if he collects that 'pick six'. I like his aggressive style of play. I like his athleticism. In a worse case scenario where we lose Sam Shields and Tramon Williams he's going to have too grow fast.

************************************************** *******************************

DE Datone Jones as most defensive lineman do; needs time to grow into a consistent/relied upon player. I think that he would have been a better fit on a 4-3 base 'D' ( 6'-4" 285 lbs ). Some more weight in his ass might help?

Tretter and Franklin are " let's wait and see's ".

GO PACK GO !

Quote Originally Posted by packrulz View Post
    I'm warming up to Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=radhkxCTH-w he has good size and plays aggressive, he plays ST, and we could leave Hyde at CB. I don't think he would be a reach at 21.
    They have us drafting him in a few mock drafts.

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Dra...2014-Draft.asp

Theres a list of the top safeties in this years draft, I like Kenny Ladler (Vanderbilt) and Terrance Brooks (FSU) as 2nd day picks. I'm hoping Khalil Mack falls to us in the 1st round.

I think Datone Jones is a 3-4 DE and has a shot at being good. In a 4-3 he'd probably be a DT. With a full offseason he could turn into a terror next to Mike Daniels on 3rd and 8 (if the defense can hold a team to that).

Hard to know who will be there at 21 it's still early and the Pro Days/combine help shape the boards.
    They have other positions to fill but I wouldn't complain if they drafted a TE. I think they go with a TE in the 1st 3 rounds (Maybe some dude like C.J. Fiedorowicz in R3) if Quarless and Finley walk.

Anybody know if Chris Harper can play? He was on the PS and then the 53 (if inactive)...am wondering if he's another Boykin-in-waiting. SEA took him R4 and went Cory Rogers on him, SF tried to make him a TE, so he must have some talent.

i think datone has to add weight to be an effective 3-4 DE. 285 just doesn't cut it. o had my concerns about the weight before the last draft but i guess i let myself be talked into looking past the weight

3-4 linemen, all of then, need to be fatties

look at our best ones this year. wilson and daniels, with boyd showing some solid potential. lower or mid round fat bodies. thats what we need

It might be the system, training or just the position in general, but D-lineman usually come on strong the second year. IIRC, Raji had a very good 2nd year, Jolly came on in his second year and Daniels this year (his second year).

Barring injury, I have no doubt that D. Jones will have a good year in 2014.