Thread: The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Notice the use of the past tense, Woodbuck. Today it shouldn't be an issue. Problem is that if your article is to be believed, right or wrong, it still is.
    Here is your statement MJZiggy:

" What needed to happen is that several gay players, as they retired, needed to come out. After that happens a few times, people will start giving that "so what" response and then when someone does come out before he's ready to retire, folks will say that the NFL has had gay players for years. "So what?" .. " MJZiggy

Taking this portion of your statement out of the whole:

" What needed to happen is that several gay players, as they retired, needed to come out..... "

I made my repost to you and I stand now on my broader and clearly more accurate view than yours.

You'll get it...when? After you retire?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Here is your statement MJZiggy:

" What needed to happen is that several gay players, as they retired, needed to come out. After that happens a few times, people will start giving that "so what" response and then when someone does come out before he's ready to retire, folks will say that the NFL has had gay players for years. "So what?" .. " MJZiggy

Taking this portion of your statement out of the whole:

" What needed to happen is that several gay players, as they retired, needed to come out..... "

I made my repost to you and I stand now on my broader and clearly more accurate view than yours.

You'll get it...when? After you retire?
    Needed. Past tense. Like 10 years ago. If that had happened, there would be no discussion about it now. It would be a non-issue. Quit being so defensive.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Needed. Past tense. Like 10 years ago. If that had happened, there would be no discussion about it now. It would be a non-issue. Quit being so defensive.
    I'm never defensive MJ. I need not be.

There's right and wrong and shades in between that need not be discussed in any elaborate sense.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau