Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Woodbuck:

" If a gay Packer player wants to promote prostrate health, there is no need to include his partner in the message. " mraynrand

STOP IT ! STOP right there please.

I'm not going to run all over your post when the rest of it isn't even real or fair game in terms of anything I'm aware of.

What in blue blazes are you referring to ? GAY NFL players or GAY Packer players.

Do you know something or have the inside dibs on something even remotely related to the original topic embraced in this thread. Anything of the sort that us normally informed Packer fans are unaware of?

What NFL player or more specifically Green Bay Packer player has outed himself as being a member of the Gay society or the homosexual society?

Please make a list right here:

Name ... Team... Position... Personal Sexual Status (not cumpulsory)

There's a start ... Fill your boots mraynrand.

As far as a prostrate exam and having a partner in any relationship. I would certainly consider it proper to include the partner in regards to any results and such prostrate exam. That 'only' seems appropriate to me. That's falling under the classification of considerate communication.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-07-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Woodbuck: If a gay Packer player wants to promote prostate health, there is no need to include his partner in the message.

STOP IT ! STOP right there please.

I'm not going to run all over your post when the rest of it isn't even real or fair game.

What in blue blazes are you referring to ? GAY NFL players or GAY Packer players.

Do you know something or have the inside dibs on something even remotely related to the original topic embraced in this thread. Anything of the sort that us normally informed Packer fans are unaware of?

What NFL player or more specifically Green Bay Packer player has outed himself as being a member of the Gay society or the homosexual society?

Please make a list right here:

Name ... Team... Position... Personal Sexual Status (not cumpulsory)
    There's a start ... Fill your boots mraynrand.
    Look ******, we are talking about the possibility of an NFL player coming out as gay, and the implications of that. In this specific case, it was Aaron Rodgers. What is so hard to understand about this? It's all hypotheticals, ******.

****** = derogatory expletive
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Look ******, we are talking about the possibility of an NFL player coming out as gay, and the implications of that. In this specific case, it was Aaron Rodgers. What is so hard to understand about this? It's all hypotheticals, ******.

****** = derogatory expletive
    Questions Look mraynrand you ****** *******:

****** ******* 'expletive - withheld'; because you've heard it enough in your lifetime. It never did you any good. It won't now.

1. Where in my original post (copy below) is the name Aaron Rodgers as a possibility as the player or one of the players that was going to come out last summer?

2. Where in in the same #1 post is the name of any NFL player as the player or one of the players that was going to come out last summer?

Further in a thread introduced by Patler on the Topic of Aaron Rodgers decaring that " he's NOT Gay and really really likes woman" on the Jason Wilde Radio Show just last Tuesday is discussed.

If you need to play silly games and smear Aaron Rodgers take that bullshit over there please. Otherwise take that garbage to another thread somewhere else on Packerrats. Such bullshoit doesn't have to be discussed here. Your screwing up a thread.

This thread that has some relevancy to what's actually going on tight now in the NFL. Please focus you commentary on that and otherwise take your silly side show elsewhere.

Thank You.

Here is post #1 of this thread:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...yer-fell-apart

The Inside Story of How the NFL's Plan for Its 1st Openly Gay Player Fell Apart

By Mike Freeman (NFL National Lead Writer) on November 20, 2013

" The team had decided yes. The player had decided the same. It was set. It was going to happen. An NFL player was going to publicly say he was gay and then play in the NFL.

What happened before that moment showed how parts of the NFL are progressive and ready for change. Then, ** what happened next showed how the sport is still in some ways fearful of it. . . .

Estimates of how many gay players are in the NFL range widely, but some of them, from people intimately familiar with the league, are far higher than might be assumed by the outside public.

Players and team executives give totals ranging from several dozen to several hundred. (There are about 2,000 players in the league.) One former general manager said he believes the number of gay players is 30-40.

** That period was, as one gay-rights advocate described it, "the spring of optimism for the NFL and gay rights." There was a feeling that the NFL was on the verge of crossing this significant barrier. There was great excitement. It was going to happen.

Until it didn't.

The question now is: What happened? "

Please click on the LINK above for this story.

PACKERS !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-07-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

nonsense
    You tell me woody, what are we talking about here?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    You tell me woody, what are we talking about here?
    Finding a Happy Place.

"What can I get for you, hon?" - "I'll have Sports, hold the PC-social engineering agenda, sausage, hash browns, and wheat toast. Thank you!"

Actually as an 'openly' heterosexual male (can I still say "male"? It was my gender assigned to me at birth ), I eat yogurt and cereal in the morning and I WANT TO WATCH OR READ ABOUT SPORTS FREE FROM THE LEFT-WING MEDIA MADNESS!!!

I can remember when ESPN actually covered sports and left the moralizing to others (They haven't been the same since being purchased by ABC/Capital Cities and then by Disney). Now, every other day, there is biased, one-sided pro-LGBT story in the Sports outlets that is more indoctrination than news. They try to tell me how I'm supposed to think rather than simply informing me.

Well, guess what? The NFL can require its players to wear pink for a month of Sundays to promote breast cancer awareness but I'm still more concerned about colorectal cancer that kills more people each year in the U.S. than AIDS and breast cancer COMBINED. Why aren't rubber large intestines passed out to kids under 12 at the stadiums? Doesn't the NFL care about the #2 killer disease of Americans?

And speaking of colons and rectums, I DON'T CARE if there is an "openly" homosexual NFL player on a roster. The PC-Sports media tells me that I am supposed to care but I don't. If I want to educate myself in social or religious issues WHY WOULD I turn to Yahoo Sports or the NFL Network? And, yet, outlets like these regularly promote a common PC agenda.

(I mean, com'on, in 2014 we still need the 'Rooney Rule' to ensure minority head coaching candidates are interviewed? "We don't really want you to be our coach but we need you here to check a box off." Wink,wink. Nod,nod. How insulting or demeaning is that?)

If an "openly" homosexual NFL player is some sort of a measure of normalcy and somehow the way 'things ought to be' then these left-wing journalists shouldn't be afraid of engaging facts that run counter to their worldview.

Here's three facts you won't see discussed in detail:

1. Every supposed LGBTQQUIA has a biological father and a biological mother. Why imagine the chances of that!

2. Hilarious. 'Duck Dynasty' ad rates are going up - http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynast...170418429.html

3. Only 3.4-3.5% of the US population self-identifies as 'LGBT.'

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.ed...d-transgender/

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.ed...d-transgender/

Most of these journalists were raised in hetero-normative environments and didn't care one wit about LGBT issues until it became professionally necessary to do so either to get hired or keep their jobs. Further, there's not a one of them who would not be concerned if a cross-dresser immediately followed their 6-year old son or daughter into a bathroom.

Sports reporting without agenda, please. That’s what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon View Post
    Why aren't rubber large intestines passed out to kids under 12 at the stadiums?
    They might think they are something else. Alert Randall Cobb!

Because no one talks about any sexual activities in the context of an NFL season. Not that I can remember. But families are part of the culture of NFL coverage, business and promotion every week, even in the offseason.

An out NFL player is not going to talk about sexual activity and more than a heterosexual player is going to talk about their sexual habits.

You may feel that some slight is visited on the player by not being able to talk openly about sexual activity because of the narrow terms you use to define homosexual. But public reticence on that subject is the norm for this situation, heterosexual or homosexual. There is no lack of other arenas where such a conversation can happen.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You may feel that some slight is visited on the player by not being able to talk openly about sexual activity because of the narrow terms you use to define homosexual.
    Homosexual is a rather narrowly defined term because it describes a specific sexual behavior. Again, your telling me that being a homosexual does not define the entirety of the person, which I wholly agree with, while at the same time demanding they be recognized solely for that aspect of their personage. There are other aspects to people's lives that are found in relatively the same small proportion of the population that are not generally accepted, yet this is the one that is singled out as being of paramount importance. I'm still left wondering why, other than the promotional value a queer offers as a partner to an NFL player, which you seem rather convinced of.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Because no one talks about any sexual activities in the context of an NFL season. Not that I can remember.
    What about Travis Henry?

Plus, people are always saying the Packers are getting fucked by the refs. What planet are you living on?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Bobble, I was letting it go for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Thanks Bobble, I was letting it go for as long as possible.
    Thank You mad.

PACKERS !

Hold it......Cobb is gay too?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Hold it......Cobb is gay too?
    Hard to tell if you've tried following the "Out the Gays" crowd. According to Woody, you're not gay unless you're currently having sex with another man and if you challenge him to define his position, he'll threaten to beat you up. According to pb, having sexual relations with another man does not hake you a homosexual, it's just one aspect of homosexuality, which is just like sexuality, but with a homo, but that does not define homosexuality, which is at once of grave importance to tell everyone about and of the highest priority to normalize. To be fair, his position is backed by thinking rather than violence. And according to ziggy, everyone who doesn't believe gays should be paraded in front of the media to satisfy an agenda and then rewarded with whatever they want because they are people too, should shut the fuck up in the name of tolerance. I may have detected some thinly veiled threats in her posts.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Hard to tell if you've tried following the "Out the Gays" crowd. According to Woody, you're not gay unless you're currently having sex with another man and if you challenge him to define his position, he'll threaten to beat you up. According to pb, having sexual relations with another man does not hake you a homosexual, it's just one aspect of homosexuality, which is just like sexuality, but with a homo, but that does not define homosexuality, which is at once of grave importance to tell everyone about and of the highest priority to normalize. To be fair, his position is backed by thinking rather than violence. And according to ziggy, everyone who doesn't believe gays should be paraded in front of the media to satisfy an agenda and then rewarded with whatever they want because they are people too, should shut the fuck up in the name of tolerance. I may have detected some thinly veiled threats in her posts.
    That ain’t the only thing I think is thinly veiled with ziggy.

It’s hard to follow all these threads these days with Woody becoming the Bridget Anne Kelley of Packerrats…..but I always thought the main thing that is important is two people who “love” each other is what is paramount in all of these matters. Gay marriage, etc.

Over the past few months I have realized that my identity is asexual. I have met other people who are asexual as well and we love each other deeply. What we have found really quite hateful is the lack of respect and rights that we have in today’s White-Male America. Why can’t my asexual lovers have the same rights as a typical Christian breeder couple?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Over the past few months I have realized that my identity is asexual. I have met other people who are asexual as well and we love each other deeply. What we have found really quite hateful is the lack of respect and rights that we have in today’s White-Male America. Why can’t my asexual lovers have the same rights as a typical Christian breeder couple?
    Sounds like you need a Political Action Committee and some lobbyists. And your own colored ribbon.

Oh do tell...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

It’s hard to follow all these threads these days with Woody becoming the Bridget Anne Kelley of Packerrats…..but I always thought the main thing that is important is two people who “love” each other is what is paramount in all of these matters. Gay marriage, etc.

Hi HowardRoark:

I always thought the main thing that is important is two people who “love” each other is what is paramount in all of these matters HowardRoark

Please see post #250 this thread....where I try to support anyone in your position as an asexual or one of the three minority variations of sexual orientation and including also homosexuality and bisexuality.

Write of support in terms of generalized public acceptance. How that support essentially impacts any relationship in terms of it's openness and resultant zero or diminished anxiety due to controlling the negatives brought on with any stigmatization.

Most importantly that support resulting in enhanced overall health.

Here's something for you to read from a Canadian perspective.

http://www.ellecanada.com/living/a-s...uality/a/25071
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-08-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Hi HowardRoark:

I always thought the main thing that is important is two people who “love” each other is what is paramount in all of these matters HowardRoark

Please see post #250 this thread....where I try to support anyone in your position as an asexual or one of the three minority variations of sexual orientation and including also homosexuality and bisexuality.

Write of support in terms of generalized public acceptance. How that support essentially impacts any relationship in terms of it's openness and resultant zero or diminished anxiety due to controlling the negatives brought on with any stigmatization.

Most importantly that support resulting in enhanced overall health.

Here's something for you to read from a Canadian perspective.

http://www.ellecanada.com/living/a-s...uality/a/25071
    I didn't see anything addressing me and my asexual lover wanting to marry each other and get all the cool rights of married people.

Some haters here might just define us as roommates.....I dream of the day we can beyond that sort of bigoted thought.

Was it the green, red or black text?

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    jheesssh Skinbasket I'm not into beating anyone up. Merely defending myself if need be. I'm far far removed from any cowardice and you attacked my Irish.

Damn as to beating you up!? What !? Beat you up naaaaww ! I can't even tug on your nose.