Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Fire Slocum! Thread

Official 2014 Fire Slocum! Thread

Because it's never too early to want Slocum fired!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Seriously, he needs to go. Yesterday. They should have left him at a Kenosha rest stop or Cheese Shop on the Interstate.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Alas, since we made the payoffs, I am afraid there will be a 'Official 2015 Fire Slocum' thread and an 'Official 2016 Fire Slocum' thread, etc, etc, and of course, etc.

Blog Entries
    The ST team play has been unacceptable for a long time and MM somehow looks by it

Dom Capers is Hoodie Genius Jr compared to Slocum

We have 6 ST's coaches who had jobs last yr looking for jobs

Go get the best one....or the worst one....I don't even care which one.....as long as it's not Slocum
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

who else thought for sure that hester was gonna return that last kickoff for the game winning TD?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    who else thought for sure that hester was gonna return that last kickoff for the game winning TD?
    I didn't think TD because Crosby is dangerous, but I did expect midfield.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The 40 yard line was bad enough. One 15 yard completion and the Bears were throwing the ball into the end zone. Giving up that return could have been a huge factor. Burnett and Shields bailed out the special teams.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The ST team play has been unacceptable for a long time and MM somehow looks by it

Dom Capers is Hoodie Genius Jr compared to Slocum

We have 6 ST's coaches who had jobs last yr looking for jobs

Go get the best one....or the worst one....I don't even care which one.....as long as it's not Slocum
    Dave Toub was available last year. He would have been a great get.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

And I endorse firing Slocum in 2014
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Seriously...the fact that this thread had to be made is a failing on MM's part. I don't care if we win the superbowl on the strength of special teams I want Slocum gone by March.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Dave Toub was available last year. He would have been a great get.
    Now he is in KC and doing well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Seriously...the fact that this thread had to be made is a failing on MM's part. I don't care if we win the superbowl on the strength of special teams I want Slocum gone by March.

This is painfully spot on
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    How many punt return yards did Seattle end up giving up ? They were on course to set an NFL record. Their specials are amazing.

I wonder if they'd just drafted that well on the bottom half of their roster....or if their ST coach is a stud ??

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I hate to always bring up the injuries, but they are 1/2 of the two-headed monster that makes life difficult for any Packer ST coach. That and the very young roster. Both are endemic problems for special teams in Green Bay. Not excuses, perhaps could find a coach better able to deal with them, but they are realities to be sure. But to be fair, I would need to careful look at the age and experience of other special teams league wide. Right now, I'm just guessing that the Packers STs are a lot younger (less experienced) and less talented due injury and roster composition.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    How many punt return yards did Seattle end up giving up ? They were on course to set an NFL record. Their specials are amazing.

I wonder if they'd just drafted that well on the bottom half of their roster....or if their ST coach is a stud ??
    Yes ST Coach Brian Schneider in Seattle is very good at his job working along with John Glenn and Nick Sorensen his ST Coaching Assistants. How does the age of these fellas along with 'the Strength and Conditioning' Coach's; compare to what we see in Green Bay as a Special Teams & Strength Coaching Staff?

** Is the Green Bay Packer staff up to speed with 'all the latest' in this field of football coaching? Why so many injuries?

** Injuries as we have seen on the Packers have somewhat of a trickle down negative effect on ST's play in terms of punt and kick returns on both sides of the ball ('O' blocking and 'D' tackling). To excuse lousy blocking and tackling in ST analysis. NO! What we see and cringe at almost every game; to use that as any excuse. Is to contradict the oft used Green Bay Packer 'next man up' mantra.

Here's something on 'the GUY on ST's' in Seattle.

I couldn't help but notice that athletic punter Jon Ryan is acclaimed here and killing it in Seattle.

How did Ted Thompson let that MAN get away?

http://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches...e-b0529a9a396d
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I have a feeling there won't be any changes on this coaching staff going into 2014 unless somebody quits or gets a better offer somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I hate to always bring up the injuries, but they are 1/2 of the two-headed monster that makes life difficult for any Packer ST coach. That and the very young roster. Both are endemic problems for special teams in Green Bay. Not excuses, perhaps could find a coach better able to deal with them, but they are realities to be sure. But to be fair, I would need to careful look at the age and experience of other special teams league wide. Right now, I'm just guessing that the Packers STs are a lot younger (less experienced) and less talented due injury and roster composition.
    I believe, especially this year, you have hit upon the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I believe, especially this year, you have hit upon the truth.
    Then a contradiction of the oft used mantra of the Packers leadership:

" NEXT Man Up !"
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I have a feeling there won't be any changes on this coaching staff going into 2014 unless somebody quits or gets a better offer somewhere else.
    Then your A-OK with that and MM laying his HC job on the line for the 2014 season !?

GO PACKERS GO !

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Then your A-OK with that and MM laying his HC job on the line for the 2014 season !?

GO PACKERS GO !
    Did you not notice the sad face in my post???