Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Fire Slocum! Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Seriously...the fact that this thread had to be made is a failing on MM's part. I don't care if we win the superbowl on the strength of special teams I want Slocum gone by March.
    Don't hold your breath. I have a feeling there won't be any changes on this coaching staff going into 2014 unless somebody quits or gets a better offer somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Don't hold your breath. I have a feeling there won't be any changes on this coaching staff going into 2014 unless somebody quits or gets a better offer somewhere else.
    Then your A-OK with that and MM laying his HC job on the line for the 2014 season !?

GO PACKERS GO !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Then your A-OK with that and MM laying his HC job on the line for the 2014 season !?

GO PACKERS GO !
    Did you not notice the sad face in my post???

Did you not notice the sad face in my post???
    I missed that Pugger and so understand you better.

MM'S ways, attitude and delusions in terms of the Green Bay Packers defense is indeed sad if not pathetic.

He's going to set himself up to get FIRED! He makes no sense in regards to this major concern for the TEAM's best interests. WINS !

GO PACKERS GO!
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    coaches lay it on the line every season. Just ask Chud.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    coaches lay it on the line every season. Just ask Chud.
    This to date is the third most successful HC in Packers history and to blow that resume with a nonsense move sucks.

The fans see ... MM's got to see.

I hate to always bring up the injuries, but they are 1/2 of the two-headed monster that makes life difficult for any Packer ST coach. That and the very young roster. Both are endemic problems for special teams in Green Bay. Not excuses, perhaps could find a coach better able to deal with them, but they are realities to be sure. But to be fair, I would need to careful look at the age and experience of other special teams league wide. Right now, I'm just guessing that the Packers STs are a lot younger (less experienced) and less talented due injury and roster composition.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I hate to always bring up the injuries, but they are 1/2 of the two-headed monster that makes life difficult for any Packer ST coach. That and the very young roster. Both are endemic problems for special teams in Green Bay. Not excuses, perhaps could find a coach better able to deal with them, but they are realities to be sure. But to be fair, I would need to careful look at the age and experience of other special teams league wide. Right now, I'm just guessing that the Packers STs are a lot younger (less experienced) and less talented due injury and roster composition.
    I believe, especially this year, you have hit upon the truth.

I believe, especially this year, you have hit upon the truth.
    Then a contradiction of the oft used mantra of the Packers leadership:

" NEXT Man Up !"

A couple years ago I read an article about ST coaches, which basically said the NFL schemes are minimal and everyone knows them. The difference between the best ST coaches who always do well, and the others who are up and down is how quickly they can get players ready and their ability to adapt to personnel changes, because that is the life of all ST coaches. Basically, all teams change 10-15 players from season to season, and during a season, if it isn't injuries that are changing the bottom of the roster it is the GM cutting players and signing others in an attempt to get better. All ST coaches deal with a lot of personnel changes both from season to season and during the season, it's part of the nature of the job. The bulk of their units are always players on their first contracts.

I don't think Slocum has an excuse this season or any of his seasons in GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    A couple years ago I read an article about ST coaches, which basically said the NFL schemes are minimal and everyone knows them. The difference between the best ST coaches who always do well, and the others who are up and down is how quickly they can get players ready and their ability to adapt to personnel changes, because that is the life of all ST coaches. Basically, all teams change 10-15 players from season to season, and during a season, if it isn't injuries that are changing the bottom of the roster it is the GM cutting players and signing others in an attempt to get better. All ST coaches deal with a lot of personnel changes both from season to season and during the season, it's part of the nature of the job. The bulk of their units are always players on their first contracts.

I don't think Slocum has an excuse this season or any of his seasons in GB.
    You seem to be arguing that there is a standard level of turnover on ST. Fair enough. Yet, with more injuries, comes more turnover, no? Like Favre Lake in the fall.

This may all be true, but this is the fire slocum thread, not the defend slocum thread.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    This may all be true, but this is the fire slocum thread, not the defend slocum thread.
    this is a better argument than Patler's

oh wow, someone really dropped the ball on this one today

we tie the fucking game, crosby has the most perfect kickoff you could ask for

the the special team gives up a massive return so the 49ers are almost already in game winning FG range

then today, MM says that injuries to the team really made special teams difficult this year. well what about every other fucking year when they've sucked asshole?

FIRE SLOCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keeping capers i can at least live with if that it the choice. it would be completely unacceptable if slocum remains with this team imo

FIRE THE FUCKER!
    C.H.U.D.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

An Excel spreadsheet is being particularly uncooperative this morning, and I'm getting a headache.

Fire Slocum.

its absolutely mind numbing and extremely frustration that he has not been canned yet?

there is no excuse for going into another year with slocum as the ST coach

time to face facts, M3 has no balls and will not fire anyone, as long as stubby is the HC, we're going to have an absolute joke of a special teams that continue to cost us game

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    its absolutely mind numbing and extremely frustration that he has not been canned yet?

there is no excuse for going into another year with slocum as the ST coach

time to face facts, M3 has no balls and will not fire anyone, as long as stubby is the HC, we're going to have an absolute joke of a special teams that continue to cost us game

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Mike McCarthy knows Special Teams.

A kinda One-way conversation behind closed doors in Ted Thompson's private domain at 1265 Lombardi Avenue:

The conversation concerns Ted Thompson's insistence that Mike McCarthy gets rid of ST Coach Shawn Slocum:

OK this is serious Mike....Yes it gets this way sometimes.....No NO NO Ohh Teds anymore with me Mike. It's got to being ....well... just too much or... not enough (excuse me) yaa know with ...Ole Shawney.

You know what I mean.

I know ... I really do know Mikey... I love Ole Slowster too.

yea we have so much to re-call...Yaa...yaa there won't be another one like Shawney Slowster.

Yaa Yaa...we've had some decent times... OK ... I agree Mikey...really good time here in this office too... Mikey but we can't get into that stuff...well

errrr...maybe soon...naww....this is darn serious Mikey...There's a time for everything and

this is serious business.

What!?.... NO MIKE !!! It's time you faced it and canned Shawn Slocum. I can't draw it up any clearer.

I know Mike it's hard ... yea sure ... yahh yahh ................yaa ....jhessss Mike....but you've got to get this done. You know Mikey...giverrrr the Ole College try.

No NOT ..... NO Damn way Mike ... NOT another season. NOOOO ! I told you last season and the one before that and the one ...well .... you know Mikey. This has gone...what's that..ohh no you don't ...NO MIKE none of that .... No ... no crying.....

I'm what...hurting your .... feelings ... Jheeesssh Mike.

Injuries *36&11@#*&?? pingereeesss ... screw that Mike ...No screw you Mike ... now that's enough ...no no more. Insensative...Me... come onnnn Mike ... Of course I'm sensitive.

We've had that talk .....many times.

Tears...Ohh BOY! Here we go again...tears ... so .... so so many tears ....please Mikey. . . .

Get a grip ! Pleassse !

That's not working this time... Not this time Mikey.

OK...OK...take this hanky... No... No Mike ... it's OK... snot all over it ... it's OK Mike...blow it

Blow...your... nose ....and For Gauuds sake...wipe away those tears...here ... now isn't that

better... your so sensitive for a big boy Mike.

Yes ......Yes Mike ....Your still my........ "my Big Boy".

OK you've got it Mike.. There ... Mike.....that's it ...

No No NO! Mikey .... no more damn excuses.

You've got to be kiddin me. You acting like a drunken sailor now. Stop crying !!!!!!

Chin up now Mikey....Here's the good news.

I've recruited both "a new Special Teams coach and his assistant"... Here Mike check out this video. I found these two guys while on vacation in Russia, I hope your pleased:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXx19C5ZyA8
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-15-2014 at 09:13 PM.