Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Fire Slocum! Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    A couple years ago I read an article about ST coaches, which basically said the NFL schemes are minimal and everyone knows them. The difference between the best ST coaches who always do well, and the others who are up and down is how quickly they can get players ready and their ability to adapt to personnel changes, because that is the life of all ST coaches. Basically, all teams change 10-15 players from season to season, and during a season, if it isn't injuries that are changing the bottom of the roster it is the GM cutting players and signing others in an attempt to get better. All ST coaches deal with a lot of personnel changes both from season to season and during the season, it's part of the nature of the job. The bulk of their units are always players on their first contracts.

I don't think Slocum has an excuse this season or any of his seasons in GB.
    You seem to be arguing that there is a standard level of turnover on ST. Fair enough. Yet, with more injuries, comes more turnover, no? Like Favre Lake in the fall.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    This may all be true, but this is the fire slocum thread, not the defend slocum thread.
    this is a better argument than Patler's
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    its absolutely mind numbing and extremely frustration that he has not been canned yet?

there is no excuse for going into another year with slocum as the ST coach

time to face facts, M3 has no balls and will not fire anyone, as long as stubby is the HC, we're going to have an absolute joke of a special teams that continue to cost us game

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Mike McCarthy knows Special Teams.

A kinda One-way conversation behind closed doors in Ted Thompson's private domain at 1265 Lombardi Avenue:

The conversation concerns Ted Thompson's insistence that Mike McCarthy gets rid of ST Coach Shawn Slocum:

OK this is serious Mike....Yes it gets this way sometimes.....No NO NO Ohh Teds anymore with me Mike. It's got to being ....well... just too much or... not enough (excuse me) yaa know with ...Ole Shawney.

You know what I mean.

I know ... I really do know Mikey... I love Ole Slowster too.

yea we have so much to re-call...Yaa...yaa there won't be another one like Shawney Slowster.

Yaa Yaa...we've had some decent times... OK ... I agree Mikey...really good time here in this office too... Mikey but we can't get into that stuff...well

errrr...maybe soon...naww....this is darn serious Mikey...There's a time for everything and

this is serious business.

What!?.... NO MIKE !!! It's time you faced it and canned Shawn Slocum. I can't draw it up any clearer.

I know Mike it's hard ... yea sure ... yahh yahh ................yaa ....jhessss Mike....but you've got to get this done. You know Mikey...giverrrr the Ole College try.

No NOT ..... NO Damn way Mike ... NOT another season. NOOOO ! I told you last season and the one before that and the one ...well .... you know Mikey. This has gone...what's that..ohh no you don't ...NO MIKE none of that .... No ... no crying.....

I'm what...hurting your .... feelings ... Jheeesssh Mike.

Injuries *36&11@#*&?? pingereeesss ... screw that Mike ...No screw you Mike ... now that's enough ...no no more. Insensative...Me... come onnnn Mike ... Of course I'm sensitive.

We've had that talk .....many times.

Tears...Ohh BOY! Here we go again...tears ... so .... so so many tears ....please Mikey. . . .

Get a grip ! Pleassse !

That's not working this time... Not this time Mikey.

OK...OK...take this hanky... No... No Mike ... it's OK... snot all over it ... it's OK Mike...blow it

Blow...your... nose ....and For Gauuds sake...wipe away those tears...here ... now isn't that

better... your so sensitive for a big boy Mike.

Yes ......Yes Mike ....Your still my........ "my Big Boy".

OK you've got it Mike.. There ... Mike.....that's it ...

No No NO! Mikey .... no more damn excuses.

You've got to be kiddin me. You acting like a drunken sailor now. Stop crying !!!!!!

Chin up now Mikey....Here's the good news.

I've recruited both "a new Special Teams coach and his assistant"... Here Mike check out this video. I found these two guys while on vacation in Russia, I hope your pleased:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXx19C5ZyA8
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-15-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Happy Wednesday.

Props to Patler for:

Green Bay's coverage units were particularly brutal. Opponents averaged 26.0 yards per kickoff, the most allowed by a Packers team since 1948. Foes also averaged 13.1 yards on punt returns, the most against a Green Bay team since 1989.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/sport...#ixzz2rn2icXkn
    Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Fire Slocum.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Happy Wednesday.

Props to Patler for:

Green Bay's coverage units were particularly brutal. Opponents averaged 26.0 yards per kickoff, the most allowed by a Packers team since 1948. Foes also averaged 13.1 yards on punt returns, the most against a Green Bay team since 1989.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/sport...#ixzz2rn2icXkn
    Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Fire Slocum.
    oh thats top notch stuff right there

To paraphrase the late, great site Fire Joe Morgan:

Sisyphus:Rock :: PackerRats:FireSlocum

Fire Slocum.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Pushin' a rock.

Fire Slocum.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    There's still time before the first pre-season game (and it's Wednesday).

Fire Slocum!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    There's still time before the first pre-season game (and it's Wednesday).

Fire Slocum!
    Slocum is the reason the Packers continue to have injuries, year after year. Fire his Ass!

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Slocum if you got 'em!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Hire Zook!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Russians have stolen 1.2 billion passwords. Fire Slocum!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packers really need to win Sunday so....................Fire Slocum!

I was thinking of bumping this last night...then spaced it. Thanks Joe.

FIRE SLOCUM FOR FUCKS SAKE!
    C.H.U.D.

On a special teams note...did our returners EVER get the ball back to the 20 when returning KOs last week? I sure a shit don't remember seeing one.
    C.H.U.D.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    On a special teams note...did our returners EVER get the ball back to the 20 when returning KOs last week? I sure a shit don't remember seeing one.
    The little guy needs to make better choices fo sho.

Bring black Janis!

And Fire Slocum.

Hyde returned one 28 yards out to the 24. He looked much more decisive than Harris.

No, and this drives me crazy to no end. It was absolutely fool hearty to do that against that defense!