Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Fire Slocum! Thread

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Dunno. But the block is the 5th this year, isn't it? At some point there issues with that had to cost them.
    JSO has it at six blocked kicks. Not sure if that includes the punt block.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    This doesnt have to wait 3 days

6 kicks/punts have been blocked this year

We also just gave up another return for a td, meanwhile our return team is doing nothing

Not to mention our once solid punter has regressed

You dont keep your job afte this, YOU CANT

While we've spent enormous amounts of time bitching about the defense, or Dom Capers, or whose fault that all is, and lots of time recently bitching about A-Rod, or his girlfriend, or MM's playcalling, the real undoing of this team this year will be the special teams.

It's been a running joke on this site that Slocum needs to be fired, and people are on record as wanting that, but it seems more jokish than vitriolic.

It's the special teams that will kill this team in a close playoff game. I don't know how they fix this tire fire, but for god's sakes - blocked field goals, blocked extra points, allowing punt return touchdowns, shitty punting.

These are the things that will undermine this team in the end.

I'm not worried about A-Rod or the offense. I believe a certain kind of defense - the Bills', the Seahawks', the Lions', the Cards' - can seriously slow down this offense. But I think they can score in the 20's.

And while I don't think it's a SB defense, that defense is better than last year's. It's not a great defense, but it's been okay much of the time. Not great, but okay.

So it will be that blocked field goal, that punt or kickoff return, that missed extra point, that will wreck this team in the end.

What can be done? Would it help to fire Slocum at this point?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    While we've spent enormous amounts of time bitching about the defense, or Dom Capers, or whose fault that all is, and lots of time recently bitching about A-Rod, or his girlfriend, or MM's playcalling, the real undoing of this team this year will be the special teams.

It's been a running joke on this site that Slocum needs to be fired, and people are on record as wanting that, but it seems more jokish than vitriolic.

It's the special teams that will kill this team in a close playoff game. I don't know how they fix this tire fire, but for god's sakes - blocked field goals, blocked extra points, allowing punt return touchdowns, shitty punting.

I'm not worried about A-Rod or the offense. I believe a certain kind of defense - the Bills', the Seahawks', the Lions', the Cards' - can seriously slow down this offense. But I think they can score in the 20's.

And while I don't think it's a SB defense, that defense is better than last year's. It's not a great defense, but it's been okay much of the time. Not great, but okay.

So it will be that blocked field goal, that punt or kickoff return, that missed extra point, that will wreck this team in the end.

Solid post Fritz ... Repped.

By the way... You called the result yesterday.

I placed 9 confidence points in the Pro Pickem' on the Packers to win. Your 'dire warning' never left me as the writing became clear on that wall.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Did we take Lang and Sitton off the line for FG attempts because of their nagging injuries so they'll be able to play on offense? I suspect this could be the issue on the blocked FGs but the punt and kick-off units have been poor for a while. Slocum has to go this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Did we take Lang and Sitton off the line for FG attempts because of their nagging injuries so they'll be able to play on offense? I suspect this could be the issue on the blocked FGs but the punt and kick-off units have been poor for a while. Slocum has to go this offseason.
    I know this was the case vs the Iggles but I haven't noticed since then.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I know this was the case vs the Iggles but I haven't noticed since then.
    It was. Linsley was lined up against Mario Williams yesterday. Still, that's not an excuse. Any offensive lineman should be able to block on special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It was. Linsley was lined up against Mario Williams yesterday. Still, that's not an excuse. Any offensive lineman should be able to block on special teams.
    Esp. since they often have D lineman in there to block.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Well, looks like they are gonna change up the personal this week

The starters that slocum has been given i guess just arent good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It hasn't been just the linemen. Kuhn was responsible for one of the almost blocked punts if I recall. There are breakdowns all across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    It hasn't been just the linemen. Kuhn was responsible for one of the almost blocked punts if I recall. There are breakdowns all across the board.
    Richardson gave up the hold on the punt and was really pressed on another punt and he has been a ST starter all year.

Fire Slocum is a Wednesday thing right?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Richardson gave up the hold on the punt and was really pressed on another punt and he has been a ST starter all year.
    Yeah. I don't know what's up. I can kind of understand the long field goal block since Crosby delivered that really low, but the extra points are just baffling.

Which should it be?

“All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.” ― Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers

OR

“You are very amiable, no doubt, but you would be charming if you would only depart.” ― Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Ban him like asbestos.

How we'll feel on the day that Slocum is FIRED!

We'll feel like dancing and ..... not like Ellen

It'll be like Peter so learn that dance:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-16-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Fire Slocum is a Wednesday thing right?
    You sir, are correct.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    You sir, are correct.
    Circumstances require that we add an extra day of calling for his release.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Circumstances require that we add an extra day of calling for his release.
    I agree completely.

FIRE SLOCUM FOR FUCKS SAKE!
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    How we'll feel on the day that Slocum is FIRED!

We'll feel like dancing and ..... not like Ellen

It'll be like Peter so learn that dance:

I want Peter Griffin to announce the next televised on FOX Packer game.

I want STEWIE and BRIAN as his color men.

What a show !!

Dear Santa:

All I want for Christmas is for Slocum to be fired.