New York Jets – 50/1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 50/1
    Tennessee Titans – 50/1
    Cleveland Browns – 66/1
    Buffalo Bills – 75/1
    Minnesota Vikings – 75/1
    Oakland Raiders – 75/1
    Jacksonville Jaguars – 100/1

If anyone is to stop Seattle from repeating, it will have to come from the NFC. I don't see anyone from the AFC who can beat their defense.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Atlanta at 25-1, eh? I guess Vegas figures last season was a hiccup for them.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I wouldn't put money on Seattle to repeat. Injuries, luck, and the rest of the West will catch up to them. They had a great season, but being healthy, hot, and talented at the right time will do that for you.

I'd guess the 49ers or Packers. Maybe the Eagles if they can improve their defense.

From the AFC, the Colts could be on the rise. They had the formula to overcome the physical and finesses teams this year (beating the Broncos, Seahawks, and 49ers)...but weren't seasoned/well coached enough to get out of their own way when it mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    I wouldn't put money on Seattle to repeat. Injuries, luck, and the rest of the West will catch up to them. They had a great season, but being healthy, hot, and talented at the right time will do that for you.

I'd guess the 49ers or Packers. Maybe the Eagles if they can improve their defense.

From the AFC, the Colts could be on the rise. They had the formula to overcome the physical and finesses teams this year (beating the Broncos, Seahawks, and 49ers)...but weren't seasoned/well coached enough to get out of their own way when it mattered.
    You didn't mention Denver, and I don't think another year will be kind to them.

Champ Bailey looks done. DRC is an FA, Quentin Jammer was a healthy scratch. Then there's Shaun Phillips, of course. More holes on an already porous defense.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

Champ Bailey looks done. DRC is an FA, Quentin Jammer was a healthy scratch. Then there's Shaun Phillips, of course. More holes on an already porous defense.
    Yeah. I don't know what to make of the Pats or the Broncos. The Broncos are old, and the downside to Elway's team building strategy will show as the Broncos schedule only gets tougher from here (plus, what you said with players being older).

Chiefs and Colts are probably the favorites in the AFC in my opinion. The Marvin Lewis/Andy Dalton train to futility continues in Cincinnati, the Steelers...eh, the Ravens are the same. The Texans could be the x-factor. New coach, possibly a new QB. AFC South could be fun.

Yeah, it's definitely an NFC team. If I had to guess, I'd say Seattle, Green Bay, and San Fran in order of likelihood. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

Well, they will get the other corner (Harris?) back. He just had ACL surgery. They played most of the season without Champ.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well, they will get the other corner (Harris?) back. He just had ACL surgery. They played most of the season without Champ.
    Chris Harris was their best corner by the end of the year, IMO.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    not to mention the tight cap they will find themselves with

and can wilson and sherman go another year without demanding new contracts?

they are currently going to be right at the cap

sherman is in the last year of his rookie deal, as the best CB in the NFL, he could demand huge money

other free agent they have are

micheal bennett
    breno and his backup
    golden tate
    doug baldwin
    browner
    walter thurman
    their kicker
    their fullback, the deaf guy
    and about 10 other guys who didn't do much

including o'brien schofield a player i really liked coming out of college. can he play OLB?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    not to mention the tight cap they will find themselves with

and can wilson and sherman go another year without demanding new contracts?

they are currently going to be right at the cap

sherman is in the last year of his rookie deal, as the best CB in the NFL, he could demand huge money

other free agent they have are

micheal bennett
    breno and his backup
    golden tate
    doug baldwin
    browner
    walter thurman
    their kicker
    their fullback, the deaf guy
    and about 10 other guys who didn't do much

including o'brien schofield a player i really liked coming out of college. can he play OLB?
    Sherman has one year to go on his contract. Not sure if that's what you meant. Schofield was projected by many as a 3-4 OLB before blowing out his knee at the Senior Bowl. Don't know if the injury affected his mobility much. He was listed this year as both RDE and OLB.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

A bit surprised to see us ranked 5th in the odds - clearly the impression is that with Rodgers healthy we are a perennial contender.
    Busting drunk drivers in Antarctica since 2006

Not surprised at the Packers ranking...how much money should we put down on them?

The offense is great with Rodgers....the D though...? Not s much.
    C.H.U.D.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think the key for maintaining their peak/repeaking is going to be getting something for some of these guys as their contracts expire. Richard Sherman is going to require Clay Matthews money. Tag and use him or tag and trade him to refuel!

The Packers have been kind of cursed in this area. We never seem to be in a place to sell high on a player, whether because of injury (Jennings, Finley, Bishop, Collins, Barnett, Kampman) or just under-performing in their contract year (Raji). Maybe we can deal Shields and break the spell.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Seattle was the healthiest team this season with only 7 guys on IR (must be nice...). I have a suspicion their overall health was one of the reasons why they won last night.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    They won because they grab WR and don't get called. I am putting $50 on the Vikes.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by falco View Post
    A bit surprised to see us ranked 5th in the odds - clearly the impression is that with Rodgers healthy we are a perennial contender.
    NE is the same thing. As long as they have Brady they will be in the conversation just like us with Rodgers. If Brady goes down like Aaron did they will struggle to win that division.

So how bad in the Bronco's SB hangover? Losing SB teams have traditionally done very poorly the next season, do the Broncos even make the playoffs? Although Peyton has failed to qualify for the playoffs only twice in his career, one of those being his rookie season, I'm going to put in my early vote for no.
    --

Seeing how they were smoked by the seachickens I vote no too.

If Manning is back, Denver will make the playoffs. But the AFC looks like JV compared to the NFC right now.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.