Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Seattle cheats

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Harbone can get speared by a Seattle DB for all I care. I am avoiding watching that game. The between play jawjacking and antics are going to be worse than the Carolina-SF game.

I'll grudgingly cheer for SEA only because I can't stand Harbaugh.

I'll watch just to see one of those two groups of jackasses go home dejected.

And then we have to hope the AFC holds up in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Knowing Carroll, it will be while running back into the building to save a five-star recruit's dog.
    Naw ...the dog will save him from himself:

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/11/m...her-from-fire/
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Which play did they cheat against the Broncos? Hopefully you clowns stop hating and recognize the talent they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Which play did they cheat against the Broncos? Hopefully you clowns stop hating and recognize the talent they have.
    Its hard to see PEDs from the All 22 but they were doing some nice clutch and grabbing!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its hard to see PEDs from the All 22 but they were doing some nice clutch and grabbing!
    You mean playing defense? I think Packers fans have forgotten how a great defense plays.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    You mean playing defense? I think Packers fans have forgotten how a great defense plays.

You really think so? After four straight losses to the 49ers? Hardly. Seattle at SF and the playoff game were two of the greatest football games in the past year. Those three teams were the best in football. Next year's NFC playoffs should be epic.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Gonna have to change my sig.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Calling what they are doing "cheating" is a pretty liberal use of the word. Seattle's secondary might extend past the limits of the written rules but clearly not past the human elements policing their games. Seattle isn't doing anything that 31 other teams couldn't also do if they didn't have the personnel to do it effectively. Is Jordy a cheater for all the pushoffs he gets away with? Is every NFL offensive lineman a cheater for holding on every play? In the NFL this is just how good players play.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    You really think so? After four straight losses to the 49ers? Hardly. Seattle at SF and the playoff game were two of the greatest football games in the past year. Those three teams were the best in football. Next year's NFC playoffs should be epic.
    People don't want to hear that the Packers actually have a pretty good team.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Between Carroll and USC, their suspensions, the Fail Mary and Tate's general douche-ness, and their fans thinking they created the 12th man (Aggies) there isn't a whole lot up in Seattle I respect or admire.
    Go PACK

Take a look at the late hit on the kick-off that went through the endzone. Is that great football play as well because it's right in their wheel house for play style. Or is it indicative of the cheap shot style they play? Maybe Packer DBs should just go for the knees of every receiver on every play. As long as they do it within 5 yards, it's just good tough football.

Jealously anyone? Anyone who thinks they don't have the most talented defense in the NFL is crazy. They dominated Denver yesterday, they didn't cheat. Al Harris and Charles Woodson used to grab on most plays, did they cheat to? Settle plays organized, physical, punch you in the month defense. I hate them because they are disrespectful and talk a lot of trash, but they're clearly the best in the NFL.
    Draft Brandin Cooks WR OSU!

Yes, I am jealous. I was also mostly joking about the cheating charge. I do think they push the envelope in the defensive backfield the way the Patriots used to. Unlike the Patriots, who had to contend with the Colts who could get the League's attention, the Seahawks are being hounded by the 49ers. Given the 49er team makeup and style, they are not going to the League to ask for a point of emphasis.

It will be interesting to see of any of this comes up in the offseason. They were grabbing a lot while in man coverage and using that grab to help redirect themselves when receivers made breaks.

Tramon Williams once collected about 8 PIs in one season for an arm bar. Officiating goes in cycles, we'll see what happens next year.

Maybe Bruce Arians and Larry Fitzgerald will make a stink.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Granted I paid less attention to detail than I generally do yesterday, but I really did not see a whole lot of interfering by the Seattle DBs. Actually, the most blatant uncalled interference I saw was an OPI against Sherman.

The cheap shot by a Seattle STer on the kick off was just that - a cheap shot, and bush league. Penalty assessed, *shrug*.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Between Carroll and USC, their suspensions, the Fail Mary and Tate's general douche-ness, and their fans thinking they created the 12th man (Aggies) there isn't a whole lot up in Seattle I respect or admire.
    I hear ya, but a lot of that didn't directly impact the Packers. I have a lot more trouble getting over the way Denver circumvented the salary cap in getting their two SBs, probably because the Packers were there. I think as long as Elway is in Denver I'll always cheer against them whoever they are playing.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD View Post
    Jealously anyone? Anyone who thinks they don't have the most talented defense in the NFL is crazy. They dominated Denver yesterday, they didn't cheat. Al Harris and Charles Woodson used to grab on most plays, did they cheat to? Settle plays organized, physical, punch you in the month defense. I hate them because they are disrespectful and talk a lot of trash, but they're clearly the best in the NFL.
    Best defense? Sure. But as a team, both the 49ers and Packers are right there. As with every SB winner, it will be interesting to see how they handle success. The last great SB winning defenses didn't fare so well (Ravens 2000, Bucs 2002, Giants 2007 and 2011)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Granted I paid less attention to detail than I generally do yesterday, but I really did not see a whole lot of interfering by the Seattle DBs.
    I agree. I saw a Denver team that was very worried about getting hit. I think they lost before the game even started.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Take a look at the late hit on the kick-off that went through the endzone. Is that great football play as well because it's right in their wheel house for play style. Or is it indicative of the cheap shot style they play? Maybe Packer DBs should just go for the knees of every receiver on every play. As long as they do it within 5 yards, it's just good tough football.
    Oh you mean when their 5th string receiver barely bumped into the Broncos player?

BTW if you watched the Super Bowl the Hawks players wrap up on every tackle then the second tackler comes with the blowing hit. At this point anyone still hating on the Seahawks is just sour grapes.

Blog Entries
    We all have a boner for the Hawks from last years hosing in Seattle.

That said, man they jumped the shit out of Denver's shallow crossing routes.

The boys in orange were intimidated, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    We all have a boner for the Hawks from last years hosing in Seattle.

That said, man they jumped the shit out of Denver's shallow crossing routes.

The boys in orange were intimidated, too.
    http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/03/richar...ttle-seahawks/

Sherman said they'd figured out Denver's hand signals in the first half:

“All we did was play situational football,” Sherman says. “We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”

He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. “Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds,” Sherman says. “Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed.”
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I don't understand some of the comments here. I don't see anyone not giving Seattle credit. They dominated yesterday. That doesn't mean we need to admire the way they did it...it's already been well-documented why some don't like them.

Anyways, back to the game. Manning couldn't get the ball down the field. It was all drags and shallow crosses and Seattle was all over those routes.

Denver simply couldn’t do anything downfield; Manning threw 10 “deep” passes,6 and on those throws, he went 2-for-10 for 42 yards with an interception, a fumble (by Thomas after a completion), and a 20-yard defensive pass interference penalty.
    Deep being 15+ past the LOS

http://grantland.com/features/seattles-best/
    Go PACK