Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    sam shields is ready to come back. should we...for depth? scary.

former-packers-cornerback-sam-shields-wants-play-again
    Veteran's minimum with a $10k signing bonus. $100k per game played bonus.

In reality, the answer is no.

I don't want Sam's scrambled brains on my conscience.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Samwise still has his ephemeral youth. If he wants to play and can still play, let him play. Sheilds might have to face the music when his youth withers, as most of us do, but life's a short trip anyway. As Napoléon Bonaparte once said, "In my bygone youth, I fought gloriously, fucked greedily and lived humbly."

While Shields was never a shutdown corner, he was a pretty damn good corner for an undrafted free agent. He's probably still better than any of the hocus-pocus corners currently on the Packers' roster. I, for one, would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-03-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    sam shields is ready to come back. should we...for depth? scary.

former-packers-cornerback-sam-shields-wants-play-again
    If the Packers bring back Shields, I bet he starts opposite King, with Randall in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    If the Packers bring back Shields, I bet he starts opposite King, with Randall in the slot.
    i could see that.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Samwise still has his ephemeral youth. If he wants to play and can still play, let him play. Sheilds might have to face the music when his youth withers, as most of us do, but life's a short trip anyway. As Napoléon Bonaparte once said, "In my bygone youth, I fought gloriously, fucked greedily and lived humbly."
    Just remember, Napolean also thought Borodino was the death blow to the Russkies, and didn't employ the imperial guard for a decisive victory. Belichick would have.

Shields will no doubt be able to play when he's 44. Just like TO.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Did you guys read the interview? He says if he comes back and gets even one more concussion, he's done. So say he comes back and is solid for awhile. Then his egg head gets jarred a bit and he gets concussed. I don't want to see a secondary built on a paper foundation.

This

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Just remember, Napolean also thought Borodino was the death blow to the Russkies, and didn't employ the imperial guard for a decisive victory. Belichick would have.

Shields will no doubt be able to play when he's 44. Just like TO.
    lol

My point was, if Shields still enjoys ballin', and he loves the frogskins and fame and perks associated with being an NFL playa, he should return while he still has kung fu.

Remember, it's not the concussions but the repeated micro traumas that do the real lasting damage

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Did you guys read the interview? He says if he comes back and gets even one more concussion, he's done. So say he comes back and is solid for awhile. Then his egg head gets jarred a bit and he gets concussed. I don't want to see a secondary built on a paper foundation.
    That's what he says now. But if he comes back and gets one more, he will miss the rest of the season and then probably decide to come back and give it one more shot. It's just one more.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Remember, it's not the concussions but the repeated micro traumas that do the real lasting damage
    Don't want to worry about those either. Let him get those in his everyday life, like when I think I got one when rear ended on the highway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Josh Sitton...better a year too early than a year too late? Cut from the stinkin' Bears...ouch!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...220-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Josh Sitton...better a year too early than a year too late? Cut from the stinkin' Bears...ouch!!

Considering that Lane Taylor stepped in and played quite well, I'd say exactly the right time.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I know it's not fashionable but....thanks Ted!

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post

Bring black Sitton!

Seriously. The packers might have an opening at rg with the old guy from last season thinking about retirement (can’t even recall his name). Sitton played rg initially before switching to lg.

They cut him and they are very think on the interior. Kyle Long is recovering from surgery and the other guy is a backup.

Bring black Sitton!

Seriously. The packers might have an opening at rg with the old guy from last season thinking about retirement (can’t even recall his name). Sitton played rg initially before switching to lg.
    Between this and Cushing, maybe you are actually the reincarnated George Allen.

Your assembled collection of former Pro Bowlers would easily be available for almost half their games.

Between this and Cushing, maybe you are actually the reincarnated George Allen.

Your assembled collection of former Pro Bowlers would easily be available for almost half their games.
    It's not like Sitton (and Cushing, for that matter) is over the hill. It's better a proven player like Sitton is protecting A-Rod than nobodies like McGray or Patrick.

It's not like Sitton (and Cushing, for that matter) is over the hill. It's better a proven player like Sitton is protecting A-Rod than nobodies like McGray or Patrick.
    You better be concerned with Patrick and McCray at Guard if you hire Sitton because both will play a lot when Sitton sits out for his back, knee and foot problems.

Its a young man's game Tank.