Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You better be concerned with Patrick and McCray at Guard if you hire Sitton because both will play a lot when Sitton sits out for his back, knee and foot problems.

Its a young man's game Tank.
    Sitton only missed 3 games a piece in each of the past two seasons. By comparison, Bak missed 4 games last season. Bulaga, something like a million. I wouldn't call Sitton "injury-prone."

Sure, it's a young man's game. But nothing can be substituted for experience, as they like the say. In the Super Bowl, in the clutch, the game on the line, I'd rather have Sitton in there protecting A-Rod than McCray.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

They cut him and they are very think on the interior. Kyle Long is recovering from surgery and the other guy is a backup.
    Yup. Says a whole bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Sitton only missed 3 games a piece in each of the past two seasons. By comparison, Bak missed 4 games last season. Bulaga, something like a million. I wouldn't call Sitton "injury-prone."

Sure, it's a young man's game. But nothing can be substituted for experience, as they like the say. In the Super Bowl, in the clutch, the game on the line, I'd rather have Sitton in there protecting A-Rod than McCray.

Better a year early than a year late.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
    Shields is visiting the Rams tomorrow, per a source. He will meet with the Browns later this week. https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...51688775753728

2:23 PM - Mar 5, 2018

Better a year early than a year late.
    is it though?

you can always get out of a contract after a year or two

but you can't always replace those players right away

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
    Shields is visiting the Rams tomorrow, per a source. He will meet with the Browns later this week. https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...51688775753728

Best of luck to Shields, but I don't believe it is worth the risk for him to resume his NFL career. Maybe he signs a low risk contract for a team, but I think it will end badly with another concussion.

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13

My source tells me Wolf vouched to Thompson for Shields' signing after the 2010 draft, not Gutekunst.

Here's Gutekunst's scouting report on Shields: Can't play receiver...Raw as fuck as a corner.

Wolf's: Fast...Played for the U...Nuff said.

Don't be surprised to see Shields sign with Cleveland, especially now that Wolf is over there. Samwise has a large tattoo of the Packers' Super Bowl 45 ring on his neck with the G logo and all, so it's gonna be kinda awkward when he shows up at the Browns' palace.

I would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold.

I, for one, would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold. - Posted on 02-03-2018, 04:23 PM

I would love to see Shields back in the Green and Gold. - Posted on 03-06-2018, 02:36 PM
    Damn, why the hell am I repeating things? Pretty sure I never had a concussion during my shutdown corner days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Marquand Manuel, Charlie Peprah, Earl Little, Anthony Smith.

Something tells me it's not the coaches, it's the players. Ted Thompson has been GM for almost a decade and he has not yet found a competent replacement for pretty boy Darren Sharper.

Maybe the Packers could move Perry to coach the OLBs and hire ex-Packer great, Al Harris, to coach the DBs. Harris is currently assistant DB coach in Kansas City under ex-Packer DC, Emmit Thomas, so the hire would be a promotion.
    Nick Collins, Morgan Burnett
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Damn, why the hell am I repeating things? Pretty sure I never had a concussion during my shutdown corner days.
    would you be able to tell?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Again, Collins was Butler's replacement.

Burnett? He can't hold Sharper's jockstrap. Average at best. Not a playmaker. Injury-prone. Unless Burnett takes the minimum-wage, let him walk. I heard the Browns have 100 M bucks of free cap space and they inspire to be the Packers of the AFC. Let 'em overpay Burnett for his mediocre service.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that ... (complete the sentence).
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

If it hasn't been mentioned, Sitton to Miami

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that ... (complete the sentence).
    Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that ... Slide!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that he signed a lucrative second contract and has been with the team for 8 years as a starter!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If it hasn't been mentioned, Sitton to Miami
    Who are you BEARMAN?

Or...

YEA ! Morgan Burnett is so valued in Green Bay that he signed a lucrative second contract and has been with the team for 8 years as a starter!
    Looking for that.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Todd Archer @toddarcher
    Free-agent linebacker Joe Thomas is visiting the Cowboys. He spent the last three seasons with the Green Bay Packers after a brief stint on the Cowboys’ practice squad in 2015. The Packers did not tender him as a restricted free agent, allowing him to... https://t.co/k0r6dDedAl

Several former members of the Green Bay Packers are on rosters of the four-team developmental league known as “The Spring League,” which will begin March 28.

The group is headlined by former Packers quarterback Jerod Evans, who spent a few months on the team’s practice squad last season. Green Bay released him in mid-December.

A former star for Virginia Tech, Evans is the top quarterback on the “East” team.

Running back Brandon Burks (East), offensive lineman Jacob Flores (North) and cornerback Raysean Pringle (West) are also on teams. All three were undrafted free agent signings by the Packers.