Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I am this close to making the same grumpy post I've been spamming for five years.

Andy Mulumba? Oh ya, that guy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Mulumba
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    The dream was only a nightmare. Christine Michael was put on IR by the Colts.
    Great ...now he has time to polishing up on his reading skills and attempt to study a play book.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    There are a lot more ex Packers pursuing the dream this year.
    I am very selective in terms of any dream I might personally choose to pursue.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I am very selective in terms of any dream I might personally choose to pursue.
    Good to know. I'll keep that in mind.

With Penn holding out, this has happened at the Raiders TC

Elsewhere on offense, Marshall Newhouse is the starting left tackle,
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    With Penn holding out, this has happened at the Raiders TC
    And Jared Cook is the #2 TE.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Jaguars sign DuJuan Harris.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jaguars sign DuJuan Harris.
    Someone tomorrow is not going to get their french door refrigerator installed on time. Or get a sweetheart deal on a primo used car that 'a couple other people are very interested in'
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

He does get around.

Jacksonville Jaguars[edit]
    Harris was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He was released on August 25, 2012.

Pittsburgh Steelers[edit]
    On August 27, 2012, Harris was claimed off waivers by the Pittsburgh Steelers and later released on August 31.

Green Bay Packers[edit]
    On October 24, 2012, Harris was signed to the Green Bay Packers' practice squad. Prior to being signed, he spent one week as a car salesman at a Jacksonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Arlington[5] On December 1, 2012, Harris was signed to the Packers' active roster.[6] He scored his first NFL touchdown on December 9 in a 27-20 win over the Detroit Lions. On January 5, 2013 in the NFC Wild Card game against the Vikings Harris totaled 100 yards in rushing and receiving with a touchdown as the Packers went on to win 24-10. In the NFC Divisional Playoff loss to the San Francisco 49ers, Harris carried the ball 11 times, rushing for 53 yards and a touchdown. He added 2 receptions for 11 yards.

On August 27, 2013 it was announced that Harris would miss the entire 2013 football season with a knee injury.[7]

On March 10, 2015, the agent for running back DuJuan Harris said the Green Bay Packers declined to extend a qualifying tender offer to the restricted free agent, and he would be released from the team.[8]

Minnesota Vikings[edit]
    On March 19, 2015 Harris signed a one-year, $660,000 contract with the Minnesota Vikings.[9]

New Orleans Saints[edit]
    On September 14, 2015, the New Orleans Saints announced that, following a workout of several running backs, they had signed Harris to the practice squad. [10]

Seattle Seahawks[edit]
    On November 23, 2015, Harris was signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad.[11] Harris was released by the Seahawks on December 15, 2015.

Baltimore Ravens[edit]
    On December 17, 2015, Harris was signed to the Baltimore Ravens practice squad.

San Francisco 49ers[edit]
    The San Francisco 49ers signed Harris from the Ravens practice squad on December 23, 2015. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the 49ers.[12] On September 5, 2016, he re-signed with the 49ers.[13] He was released on October 1, 2016 and re-signed to the practice squad two days later.[14] He was promoted to the active roster on October 22, 2016.[15]

On March 27, 2017, Harris re-signed with the 49ers.[16] He was released by the 49ers on May 8, 2017.[17]

Jacksonville Jaguars[edit]
    On August 20, 2017, Harris signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.[18]
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    And Jared Cook is the #2 TE.
    Is he really? That's hilarious.

will blackmon cut by the skins

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    will blackmon cut by the skins

Hearing Blackmon's name always startles me. I have placed way, way back, wonder if they are referring to Will Blackmon, Jr.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Hearing Blackmon's name always startles me. I have placed way, way back, wonder if they are referring to Will Blackmon, Jr.
    WB returned a couple punts in one Pre-season game. Trying to re-capture his youth?

From Wilde:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Did Myles White ever put on any weight?

How in the shit does Big Game Joel still have a job? He was in Madison for 8 years and never got any better and he keeps bouncing from tam to team in the NFL. At some point, he is what he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Minnesota Vikings place Datone Jones on injured reserve due to a shoulder injury and will likely seek an injury settlement to release him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Did Myles White ever put on any weight?

How in the shit does Big Game Joel still have a job? He was in Madison for 8 years and never got any better and he keeps bouncing from tam to team in the NFL. At some point, he is what he is.
    There was some pushback on Kaepernick this week and one of the points raised by a personnel guy was that Kaepernick could not run your offense, you would have to run his offense. Put aside for the moment whether that is true, but think about the implication.

We need a guy who is 6' 4", who will stay in the pocket and make all the throws and take the hits and run our offense. There are, generously, 12 guys who can do that effectively and that list includes the inaccurate Manning. But that does not stop teams from hiring coaches who run THAT offense. So there are always 20 spots manned by guys (like Stave, Tolzien, Blake Bortles, Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, and Tom Savage) who are not NFL quality and will cost you games.

But the teams keep hiring coaches that continue this cycle. The team HOPES it can find a QB to run the offense. And they make bad trade after bad decision to find them. The entire idea of coaches on a 5 year contract is designed around the idea of finding that QB in the first 3 years and developing him.

Three teams broke the mold recently and all were aborted by people dying to return to the old model (sometimes due to predecessor incompetence). Buffalo, Philly/San Fran (Kelly), and San Francisco (Harbaugh) all blew up attempts to make an alternative system work.

An alternate approach to offense is the answer. But no one wants to support it and hire competent people to do it. The only man who does?

Bill Belichick.

McCarthy is innovative (though recently he made a major shift to a smaller number of plays out of fewer formations, I think to the team's detriment) but he has succeeded largely because like Wolf, Thompson knew how to find a QB in the draft without bankrupting the entire player acquisition process. But even with a judicious QB search, they got a little lucky.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Even Belichik's innovation in the offense only extends as far as the OTHER positions, not QB.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    There was some pushback on Kaepernick this week and one of the points raised by a personnel guy was that Kaepernick could not run your offense, you would have to run his offense. Put aside for the moment whether that is true, but think about the implication.

We need a guy who is 6' 4", who will stay in the pocket and make all the throws and take the hits and run our offense. There are, generously, 12 guys who can do that effectively and that list includes the inaccurate Manning. But that does not stop teams from hiring coaches who run THAT offense. So there are always 20 spots manned by guys (like Stave, Tolzien, Blake Bortles, Brock Osweiler, Mike Glennon, and Tom Savage) who are not NFL quality and will cost you games.

But the teams keep hiring coaches that continue this cycle. The team HOPES it can find a QB to run the offense. And they make bad trade after bad decision to find them. The entire idea of coaches on a 5 year contract is designed around the idea of finding that QB in the first 3 years and developing him.

Three teams broke the mold recently and all were aborted by people dying to return to the old model (sometimes due to predecessor incompetence). Buffalo, Philly/San Fran (Kelly), and San Francisco (Harbaugh) all blew up attempts to make an alternative system work.

An alternate approach to offense is the answer. But no one wants to support it and hire competent people to do it. The only man who does?

Bill Belichick.

McCarthy is innovative (though recently he made a major shift to a smaller number of plays out of fewer formations, I think to the team's detriment) but he has succeeded largely because like Wolf, Thompson knew how to find a QB in the draft without bankrupting the entire player acquisition process. But even with a judicious QB search, they got a little lucky.
    I could make a similar argument about Tim Tebow. As a matter of fact Tebow is over .500, Kap is at .500. Tebow didn't have near as talented of a team. But GMs have decided they don't like distractions unless its a gay player then its cool. (or a dog torturer)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I could make a similar argument about Tim Tebow. As a matter of fact Tebow is over .500, Kap is at .500. Tebow didn't have near as talented of a team. But GMs have decided they don't like distractions unless its a gay player then its cool. (or a dog torturer)
    You could run a Tyrod Taylor kind of offense with Tebow. But no one really wanted to do that either. I think he falls into this category.

But he doesn't have the arm talent Kaepernick does. CK might be inaccurate, but he can do pre-snap reads and through to a spot. He also succeeded in the pocket last year for Kelly to a certain extent. Tebow needed players to run themselves open before he threw. His success in the pass game came when Defenses couldn't get pressure to him and had single coverage downfield (see the Pittsburgh playoff game).

Even that would only net a score or two a game.