Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    From what I've heard, dude is super chill and that's his vibe... like he barely has a pulse. Not a confidence thing at all, although with kickers who knows.
    The mental part of it is really important for them. His brother got cut by the Vikes after he missed a few vs. GB, the Raiders picked him up and he's been All-Pro or Pro Bowl level since... so he has the bloodlines and his brother to bounce things off. Bisaccia vouches for him.

Seems to me he has a big leg but he needs more time kicking in GB's conditions, and in Lambeau. My understanding is they don't let anybody practice in Lambeau so he's getting used to it.
    I think of kickers like golfers - their whole process and mechanics have to be good. They all probably have good enough legs, it's about how consistent their mechanics are and how good their mental makeup is.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    From what I've heard, dude is super chill and that's his vibe... like he barely has a pulse. Not a confidence thing at all, although with kickers who knows.
    The mental part of it is really important for them. His brother got cut by the Vikes after he missed a few vs. GB, the Raiders picked him up and he's been All-Pro or Pro Bowl level since... so he has the bloodlines and his brother to bounce things off. Bisaccia vouches for him.

Seems to me he has a big leg but he needs more time kicking in GB's conditions, and in Lambeau. My understanding is they don't let anybody practice in Lambeau so he's getting used to it.
    I think of kickers like golfers - their whole process and mechanics have to be good. They all probably have good enough legs, it's about how consistent their mechanics are and how good their mental makeup is.
    What do you think of the punter? What've you heard? I thought he was going to be great, but he seems mostly okay - but this is only his rookie year in a game he hasn't played at much. He does seem like a good holder, though.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What do you think of the punter? What've you heard? I thought he was going to be great, but he seems mostly okay - but this is only his rookie year in a game he hasn't played at much. He does seem like a good holder, though.
    He is a lot like the other teams punters. I don't see him enough to have a solid opinion. Ok, not quite true, but its nice to note that we are winning games without seeing opposing punters.

I think Whelan has been "solid". Not special. He will be fine, but we might look to replace him next year if he doesn't show growth. His leg is huge though, and in certain scenarios that is priceless.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Your last sentence is the most important thing. As a punter he's not statistically very good, but I don't care much. Main thing he has to work on is fewer touchbacks.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Mason Crosby missed a 54 yarder for NYG that would've been the game winner against the LAR.
    Didn't look like it had the distance. That can happen with 39 year old kickers.

Would have been a help to GB if he'd have made it.