Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
Question: Why not bring in the 73rd ranked CB instead? Is Tramontana just a name you remember fondly or is there a specific reason to bring in this player? If you really just want to kick the tires, why not someone younger and higher in the rankings?

Do you really think Tramon has a resurrection left? If he doesn't, then he takes $400,000 of cap money over a young player (and likely won't play special teams) that could be used to sign someone else.
I have no idea. I haven't watched the latest film on him. I don't have the latest scouting report. I don't know if he's really finished or if the Cleveland hell hole ruined his will to play. I liked the way he played when he was here. He knows Dom's system. Hell, he might be worth a couple months in camp just to get into Randall's head. I'm spit-balling here. If the guy is death warmed over, don't call him. If he or his agent won't answer the phone, hang up.

I'm sure TT doesn't need me to tell him all this. Or, if he read this, he might die laughing. If what I write is news to him, geez we are in a crapload of trouble.