Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Jones Being Released

Aaron Jones Being Released

Well now we know why they signed Jacobs.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Man I wish they had kept them both.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Well now we know why they signed Jacobs.
    But Joe, according to the Packerrat pinhead squad, you can always cook the cap, why don't we keep em both?

I called it, but wished I was wrong and felt kind of dumb for suggesting it. I was glad a couple of other people talked me out of it.

Now I'm back to feeling shitty again.

This is hard news. I guess the good news we take away from this, Gute is absolutely dead serious about doing every single thing he thinks needs to be done to win that trophy. There won't be any sentimental decisions. The whole team is on notice now; every single job has to be earned.
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 03-11-2024 at 02:42 PM.

So.....

I'm thinking...had the Packers landed J. Taylor last year...Jones would have been released now as well. Gute must think Jones only has a year or so left and wants to get rid of him early? Or he's tired of him being hurt all the time.

Jones is gonna sign with a rival methinks to try to stick to the Pack if this is all true.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    So.....

I'm thinking...had the Packers landed J. Taylor last year...Jones would have been released now as well. Gute must think Jones only has a year or so left and wants to get rid of him early? Or he's tired of him being hurt all the time.

Jones is gonna sign with a rival methinks to try to stick to the Pack if this is all true.
    I could see him signing with the Vikings. Bears signed D'Andre Swift and Lions have David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs. Actually Cowboys lost Tony Pollard today so they might be interested. And Jones might want to finish his career in Texas.

I could see him signing with the Vikings. Bears signed D'Andre Swift and Lions have David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs. Actually Cowboys lost Tony Pollard today so they might be interested. And Jones might want to finish his career in Texas.
    I've already read that the Cowboys have called his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Tundra View Post
    I've already read that the Cowboys have called his agent.
    Makes sense - reunite with McCarthy and isn't Pollard a FA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Makes sense - reunite with McCarthy and isn't Pollard a FA as well.
    Only for an hour or so - Titans already signed him!

Man, we can't take our eye off the TV for a minute this afternoon. My wife's trying to figure out what the hell is going on with NFL football on a weekday in March that has me so mesmerized....

Huh,

Somebody knows something I (we) sure do not

Don't like the Jacobs for Jones swap, but I have some sentimental bias there. Jones was the extra gear for this offense over the last 3 years, and the cliche of being the heart and soul of the offense this last year is true. I would love to have him back but I have a feeling he'll get offers elsewhere GB won't want to match.

Class act on and off the field. Great Packer. If he's not back I'll be sad but I wish him the best.

Bummer.

But better a year early than a year late (?).

Hard to replace his leadership

Do they keep Dillon at a bargain price?

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well that’s effed up!! Thought we would be having two legit RBs. I’m going to trust management on this one due to the injury history. Still sad to see him go.

thats completely fucked

shows that lefleur and gutey have no respect for hm

trying to force aj dillon into his spot for a couple years, then cutting the guy who changed the game completely when he was on the field

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    thats completely fucked

trying to force aj dillon into his spot for a couple years, then cutting the guy who changed the game completely when he was on the field
    Problem was he just wasn't on the field enough.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    thats completely fucked

That’s the issue. He wasn’t on the field much last year. An oft injured RB turning 30 getting paid $10M+. That’s the business side of football.

Problem was he just wasn't on the field enough.
    problem was when he was healthy the coach would just "forget" to put him back in. or go away from him when he had a hot hand

Blog Entries
    I’m feeling better about this after reading Reds outrage. He is a major fuck up when it comes to these things so now I know it was the right call. Jones greatness was part of his downfall. Great enough to get us there but a deep playoff run carried the concern he would get banged up. For all we know he was feeling beatdown in the second half of the SF game.

Bottom line this group will compete the next few years with fresh horses at almost all spots. Why wouldn’t you have a fresh one at the spot where youth might matter most. Just wouldn’t be a good gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Well that’s effed up!! Thought we would be having two legit RBs. I’m going to trust management on this one due to the injury history. Still sad to see him go.
    For about an hour we had the best RB tandem in football. Those were good times.

Blog Entries
    For about an hour we had the best RB tandem in football. Those were good times.
    Yeah my kid sent me a text about Jacobs before I got on here to read what you mofos had to say. I was already counting the rings…