Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I do think TT had poorer drafts later - not completely piss-poor, except maybe 2015 - but just drafts where he hit on only a couple of guys who could play, really play. The '16 is an example - Clark looks to be a stud, but the rest of the draft has yielded, so far, a shaky backup tackle, a two-down ILB, a rotational d-line guy, and a return guy whose numbers belie his bonehead plays. Not horrible, but not the kind of draft that they needed to get where they want to go. The '17 draft might be better - if King can stay healthy. Williams and A. Jones look like good running backs. Hope is fading for both Josh Jones and Montravius Adams, though maybe safety is a hard position to get and Jones will become accomplished.

So I still think Thompson was good at his job, but maybe not so good as I'd thought he was. He just hasn't seemed to have been able to hit on that All-Pro blue chipper like Matthews or Rodgers or Nick Collins in a while. Still, it's funny when people just make blanket statements about right and wrong and good and bad. Rarely is life that simple, yet we all love to look for a black-and-white answer. Thus I was being ironic in my condemnation of TT in this thread.

Well, I think TT was grossly overrated by most; even when we won the Super Bowl....it really didn't seem like we had a dominant team...the best...maybe ? But we got hot at the right time.

Y'all know I'm OK with Gooters but I still really wanted Eliott Wolf

Although in the end he f'cked up IMO by NOT going with Sam Darnold
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Y'all know I'm OK with Gooters but I still really wanted Eliott Wolf

Although in the end he f'cked up IMO by NOT going with Sam Darnold
    dood, he is not the GM
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck