Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idiotic Internet Articles about The Packers

Idiotic Internet Articles about The Packers

More and more of the articles I see about the Packers are just plain nonsensical. I thought we could all have a few laughs by listing a few.

One today identified three possible trades GB could make:

First, Kenny Clark because GB is on a youth movement.
    Second, Dillon, just because.
    My comments: The first won't happen because they are in "win now" mode and Clark is too valuable. The second won't because who will give anything for Dillon? He may be released.

This was the clincher for this article:

Green Bay has found starters and starting-caliber players at every turn of the NFL Draft, and one guy who has been in and out of the rotation in recent years is former fourth-round pick Royce Freeman.

Freeman is entering a contract year ...

Given the fact that Freeman has fallen out of favor with the staff in Green Bay, ...
    Royce Who?? Yup a real Packer expert posting this internet article.

There have been many, many articles and comments even from national "experts" stating that GB has to overcome the loss of David Bakhtiari next year, after releasing him this off-season. Many have made a big deal about his loss.

Really? Didn't they deal with that loss all last season, when he played only one game? Haven't they been dealing with it for three seasons already, two of which he has missed and one of which he had questionable availability every single week?

Releasing Bakhtiari has no impact of significance. He has been effectively gone a long time already.

i was listening to lavar arringtons show on the radio yesterday, and he had plaxico burress on, and he just kept shitting on GB

said GB was clearly the 3rd best team in the NFC north because chicago is now a contender since they just drafted a generational talent

also said that davante adams is in a much better place with the raiders (who don't have a QB) then he would be with love and green bay, because he said the raiders are closer to being contenders then we are

lavar and the other guy were laughing pretty hard at him. remember, this is a guy who ended his career by shooting himself in the leg

i've also read about the bahktiari stuff, like you said, we haven't really had him for 3 years now, and walker was one of the better rated LTs in the nfl last season if i'm not mistaken

its all just more proof that the "experts" aren't really watching all the games, or just don't know what the hell they are talking about in the first place

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Probably some AI write up.

I prefer negativity towards the team. Being the preseason darling never works out unless you’re KC.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Probably some AI write up.
    honestly, you could be very correct

Cutting Bahk a loss they suddenly need to address? Hahahahaha.

I think many just see Bakhtiari on the waiver list, remember he is an All-Pro, and immediately comment that this is a huge loss, not even realizing what the Packers have been dealing with for three years.

As a fan, Bakhtiari's release was almost a breath of fresh air, a relief of sorts. you don't have to wonder about or hope for his return. Just time to move on.

In a way, before the draft, losing Nijman was more of a concern than was waiving Bakhtiari.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    As a fan, Bakhtiari's release was almost a breath of fresh air, a relief of sorts. you don't have to wonder about or hope for his return. Just time to move on.

In a way, before the draft, losing Nijman was more of a concern than was waiving Bakhtiari.
    i said it was time to move on when he still wasn't healthy after a year

you just knew something was wrong when the knee kept acting up

after 2 years of that, i was shocked we decided to keep him for a third year, just a waste of money IMO

There have been many, many articles and comments even from national "experts" stating that GB has to overcome the loss of David Bakhtiari next year, after releasing him this off-season. Many have made a big deal about his loss.

Really? Didn't they deal with that loss all last season, when he played only one game? Haven't they been dealing with it for three seasons already, two of which he has missed and one of which he had questionable availability every single week?

Releasing Bakhtiari has no impact of significance. He has been effectively gone a long time already.
    Well, I must disagree. I find those sorts of articles helpful and relevant.

I would love to provide you with further rationale, as I know the detail would support my position. However, I have to go do some research on a new Ford vehicle I am considering purchasing; if you haven't heard about it, it's the cutting-edge vehicle of the future. They've named it the "Edsel."

Then I've got to do some research about this coming election. I'm not sure whether I should vote for Amacus Stevenson or Dan Eisenhower.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

First, Kenny Clark because GB is on a youth movement.
    They need to get younger? Are they supposed to draft some 3rd graders?

Off season clickbait now that the draft is over.
    Royce Freeman is a RB out of Oregon. I think he's on his 3rd team now. Played ok for the Broncos for a few years, he might on a PS somewhere. Drives me crazy when people can't even be bothered to get a name correct. Poor research, poor editing.

They aren't trading Kenny or Dillon, that's crazy. I thought maybe they might consider offers for Kenny before the draft because of his cap hit but they are better off keeping him. He's probably getting an extension to lower his cap number and allow them to sign Love.
    Agree, they've already had to deal with the losee of Bakhtiari. They have Walker, they just drafted Jordan Morgan. What do they think GB is doing about the LT position?

I love it when people just look at a team's roster and start making weird assumptions and claims without knowing anything about the team or the recent situations of those players.
    They could be AI generated articles, you never know. It might also be some writer who gets $50 per article and is just cranking them out as quickly as they can. National beat writers also often get GB wrong as well, but I assume that's because they are also looking at 31 other teams. Still, it's not a good look if you can't even get the Bakhtiari situation correct, that's been a thing for years now.

Title: Green Bay Packers' Strategy and Selections in the 2022 NFL Draft

The Green Bay Packers entered the 2022 NFL Draft with high hopes of bringing in talent to complement their roster and bolster their chances for a successful season. With key needs to address on both sides of the ball, the Packers' front office had an opportunity to make crucial decisions that could shape the team's future.

In the first round of the draft, the Packers turned heads by selecting cornerback Andrew Booth Jr. from Clemson University. Booth is known for his athleticism, ball skills, and physicality, making him a promising addition to Green Bay's secondary. With the departure of veteran cornerback Jaire Alexander looming, Booth's selection was a proactive move to ensure the team's long-term success in the defensive backfield.

In the second round, the Packers addressed their offensive line needs by selecting Tyler Smith, a versatile offensive lineman from Tulsa. Smith's ability to play multiple positions along the line will provide valuable depth and flexibility for the Packers, especially in light of injuries that have plagued the team in recent seasons.

The Packers continued to fortify their defense in the later rounds of the draft, selecting players like linebacker Leo Chenal from Wisconsin and defensive lineman DeAngelo Malone from Western Kentucky. Chenal brings toughness and playmaking ability to the linebacker corps, while Malone's pass-rushing skills will add another dimension to Green Bay's defensive front.

One of the most intriguing picks of the Packers' draft came in the fourth round when they selected quarterback Tanner Mordecai from SMU. With Aaron Rodgers inching closer to the end of his career, the Packers' decision to draft Mordecai signals their commitment to grooming a successor at the quarterback position. Mordecai's strong arm and football IQ make him an intriguing prospect to develop behind one of the game's greatest quarterbacks.

Overall, the Packers' 2022 draft class addressed key areas of need while also investing in future talent and depth for the team. By focusing on both sides of the ball and selecting versatile players who can contribute immediately, the Packers set themselves up for success in the upcoming season and beyond.

Moving forward, the development and integration of these young players will be crucial to the Packers' success. Head coach Matt LaFleur and his staff will play a key role in maximizing the potential of the draft class and finding ways to utilize their skills effectively within the team's system.

As the offseason progresses and training camp approaches, all eyes will be on the Packers' rookies as they aim to prove themselves and earn playing time on a competitive roster. The competition for roster spots will be fierce, but the depth and talent brought in through the draft will only serve to elevate the team and push everyone to perform at their best.

In conclusion, the Green Bay Packers' selections in the 2022 NFL Draft reflect a strategic approach to building a competitive roster for the upcoming season. By addressing key needs, investing in future talent, and fostering healthy competition within the team, the Packers have taken steps to position themselves for success in the highly competitive landscape of the NFL.

With a mix of established veterans and promising rookies, the Packers are poised to make a strong push towards their ultimate goal of contending for a championship. As the season unfolds and the rookies acclimate to the NFL grind, the true impact of the draft class will become clearer, but there is no doubt that the Packers have set themselves up for an exciting and promising future with their 2022 draft selections.

ChatGPT may have written the previous post.

Without reading most of the posts in this thread, I'm all for trading Royce Freeman if we can get anything for him.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Green Bay Packers rookie offensive tackle Jordan Morgan will have big shoes to fill when he takes the field for the first time in 2024.

For the better part of the past decade, it was David Bakhtiari protecting the Green Bay quarterback’s blind side.
    For the better part of the last decade, but not much of the last three years. Bakhtiari's shoes have been missing a long time. They don't need filling.

Ya know what. Nick Collins was on the verge of stardom. Those are some pretty big shoes for Bullard to fill.

You know what article I'm not seeing anywhere and none of us are discussing here. How our offense will run through the TE room if MiLF doesn't fuck it up. We seriously need to practice some hurry up for when teams get caught with the wrong personnel to match up with those 2 guys (3 if sims improves). I'm not even sure what the right personnel is unless a team has 2 cover/run fit LB that they can consistently trot out. Kraft and Luke are going to be a defenses nightmare. I hope they have been putting in the work this offseason.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I agree about the TEs. Brings back memories of Gronkowski and the murderer for the Patriots.

I agree about the TEs. Brings back memories of Gronkowski and the murderer for the Patriots.
    Which of our 3 is the murderer? They all seem like pretty decent guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Ya know what. Nick Collins was on the verge of stardom. Those are some pretty big shoes for Bullard to fill.

You know what article I'm not seeing anywhere and none of us are discussing here. How our offense will run through the TE room if MiLF doesn't fuck it up. We seriously need to practice some hurry up for when teams get caught with the wrong personnel to match up with those 2 guys (3 if sims improves). I'm not even sure what the right personnel is unless a team has 2 cover/run fit LB that they can consistently trot out. Kraft and Luke are going to be a defenses nightmare. I hope they have been putting in the work this offseason.
    I don't know much about the game any more, but I do wonder, in my "it's-still-the-90's" brain, if they could trot out two tight ends, an H back, and a running back, one wide receiver, and then have the option of running the ball - all that blocking! - or play action off that to one of those tight ends. Might be fun.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack