Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    What the hell was it !?

That Man Janis has some serious skills. He should have been coached up to be a more consistent weapon in Regular Season games. Could it be that again the Packer Coaching might be deemed suspect !?
    Help me out here with the narrative. Is the thinking that Packer coaching was great with Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Finley (when he was healthy), etc. etc., but they just happened to blow it on the seventh round pick whom all other teams passed over, but who was obviously extraordinarily talented? And that other teams would have successfully exploited Janis' vast talents, like they do for all the other all pro seventh round picks, but were all corporately hypnotized into passing him over for seven rounds? Or are we to believe that Rodgers, who is the autonomous, independent, self-made QB, who makes the offense and the whole organization run, despite the horrible negative influence of the coaching staff and GM, was able to drag all the other no-talent Ted loser WRs to top scoring status, but inexplicably failed in the case of Janis? Or that the coaching staff kept Janis on the team for ST play, and specifically held him back as a WR because, even though his talent was obvious to all, they simply wanted to hold him back out of spite? Or is there another narrative I'm missing?
    Last edited by mraynrand; 04-02-2018 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Help me out here with the narrative. Is the thinking that Packer coaching was great with Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Finley (when he was healthy), etc. etc., but they just happened to blow it on the seventh round pick whom all other teams passed over, but who was obviously extraordinarily talented? And that other teams would have successfully exploited Janis' vast talents, like they do for all the other all pro seventh round picks, but were all corporately hypnotized into passing him over for seven rounds? Or are we to believe that Rodgers, who is the autonomous, independent, self-made QB, who makes the offense and the whole organization run, despite the horrible negative influence of the coaching staff and GM, was able to drag all the other no-talent Ted loser WRs to top scoring status, but inexplicably failed in the case of Janis? Or that the coaching staff kept Janis on the team for ST play, and specifically held him back as a WR because, even though his talent was obvious to all, they simply wanted to hold him back out of spite? Or is there another narrative I'm missing?
    The answer is yes... to everything.
    Go PACK