Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Be careful Carolina, some Packer fans, who spent too much time envisioning alternate scenarios about the Mandarich draft, still haven't returned to present day.
    I'm still not over drafting Rich Campbell over Ronnie Lott in 1981. The Packers were so bad at drafting then.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I'm still not over drafting Rich Campbell over Ronnie Lott in 1981. The Packers were so bad at drafting then.

There was a story a few years ago in the JSO that suggested Packer scouts really, really loved this Notre Dame kid named Montana, but Bart wanted to show he was da man so he passed on that guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Sometime TE and full time pain in the ass ST player Brandon Bostick was cut today by the Vikes.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Sometime TE and full time pain in the ass ST player Brandon Bostick was cut today by the Vikes.
    i said right after he fucked us that he might have just cost himself a career

looks about right getting cut by the queens

Senior Rat Veteran TravisWilliams23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    There was a story a few years ago in the JSO that suggested Packer scouts really, really loved this Notre Dame kid named Montana, but Bart wanted to show he was da man so he passed on that guy.
    I read that story too. Would Montana have become MONTANA on the Packers? Those teams were really, really bad and he was surrounded by good to great players in SF, plus a pretty darn good head coach.

Blog Entries
    Patler and I were discussing WR Jarrett Boykin and how he fell off the cliff for the GBP. That thud you just heard was the Panthers cutting him. Wonder how he had such a negative turnaround in his career?