Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
The question for me is: Is he currently as good or better than any of our CB's. His experience has got to count for something. He could serve as nothing more than a band-aid. In fact, I think it is rational to ask why, if the Browns had soured on Tramon, we didn't pursue him early last season when our guys started to bite the dust. His familiarity with Dom's system might have made him more serviceable than an injured Rollins or Randall.

Just sayin'.
I hear ya, Maxie. Yeah, as long as it's a tire kicking and if he has tread left and doesn't expect a big money, then he could be depth. It could be a cheaper option than brining back Hyde, but then you'd have to decide which player brings more to the table at this point, and that is likely Hyde. It's awesome to be good with the cap, but sometimes laying out the money is worth it for younger legs and better production. However, if there is a hybrid free agent, slightly younger than Hyde who has better cover skills, I'd rather give that player the money we would be giving to Hyde. He does what he can in coverage, and was asked to do a lot more because of injuries, but savvy only carries you so far.