Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    The question for me is: Is he currently as good or better than any of our CB's. His experience has got to count for something. He could serve as nothing more than a band-aid. In fact, I think it is rational to ask why, if the Browns had soured on Tramon, we didn't pursue him early last season when our guys started to bite the dust. His familiarity with Dom's system might have made him more serviceable than an injured Rollins or Randall.

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The Packers have released players that are still good before. TT and stubby are not the be all end all. He is NOT the fix fix, but IF able to be gotten cheap. He could be a partial patch job on the huge hole they have to fix. Piss poor contingency is what gets them in trouble as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Could part of that just be that the Browns suck?? Maybe he would be better with better coaching, you are always praising the coaching staff of the Packers.
    Question: Why not bring in the 73rd ranked CB instead? Is Tramontana just a name you remember fondly or is there a specific reason to bring in this player? If you really just want to kick the tires, why not someone younger and higher in the rankings?

Do you really think Tramon has a resurrection left? If he doesn't, then he takes $400,000 of cap money over a young player (and likely won't play special teams) that could be used to sign someone else.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Agreed, completely. All I'm suggesting is that ALL options be thoroughly explored and left on the table. Don't let preconceived notions negate possible opportunity.
    I think this might be the crux of the issue. We have no idea if they talk with his agent, call him on the phone, even look his way.

We just assume if the media doesn't report a player in for a tryout, then the Packers weren't interested. There's absolutely no way to know this. Gnashing teeth over the inaction (perceived or otherwise) of the front office is nonsensical. There's no way to know if a player is in the least bit interested in heading to Green Bay Wisconsin to work. Free agency is free. You don't just get who you want because you want it.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Question: Why not bring in the 73rd ranked CB instead? Is Tramontana just a name you remember fondly or is there a specific reason to bring in this player? If you really just want to kick the tires, why not someone younger and higher in the rankings?

Do you really think Tramon has a resurrection left? If he doesn't, then he takes $400,000 of cap money over a young player (and likely won't play special teams) that could be used to sign someone else.
    I have no idea. I haven't watched the latest film on him. I don't have the latest scouting report. I don't know if he's really finished or if the Cleveland hell hole ruined his will to play. I liked the way he played when he was here. He knows Dom's system. Hell, he might be worth a couple months in camp just to get into Randall's head. I'm spit-balling here. If the guy is death warmed over, don't call him. If he or his agent won't answer the phone, hang up.

I'm sure TT doesn't need me to tell him all this. Or, if he read this, he might die laughing. If what I write is news to him, geez we are in a crapload of trouble.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
    The #Jets announced the release of former starting RT Breno Giacomini and K Nick Folk
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    I get the complaints about the Packers. What I don't get are this board's goofy solutions: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-reaction

He couldn't start at cornerback for the Browns. Not even in nickel or inside. 74th rated. He might need to move to safety. He is old and unless the laws of time have been suspended, he is getting older and not better. He is a terrible player right now.

so what you are saying is.......he might help ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    so what you are saying is.......he might help ?
    Darelle Revis might help too since he is being released.

Jairus Byrd is also available.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Darelle Revis might help too since he is being released.

Jairus Byrd is also available.
    Perhaps, but TTT would have to pay Revis; Tramon comes pretty close to free at at #73 in the NFL he might be as good as we currently have on our roster. For a minimum wage deal what is the downside ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I could see us signing Revis

Packers don't need another safety.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Perhaps, but TTT would have to pay Revis; Tramon comes pretty close to free at at #73 in the NFL he might be as good as we currently have on our roster. For a minimum wage deal what is the downside ?
    I don't think so, Bretsky.

I saw Tramon for the Browns last season.

He's all played out.

You really wouldn't want to take reps away from a green kid to play Tramon.

revis is toast.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
    Saints and DB Chris Banjo agree to a two-year deal, source says. Deal keeps a top special-teamer in the fold. Was a restricted FA.

Might have to end the tradition of Banjo helping us track injured player updates after the games.

Saints and DB Chris Banjo agree to a two-year deal, source says. Deal keeps a top special-teamer in the fold. Was a restricted FA.

Might have to end the tradition of Banjo helping us track injured player updates after the games.
    If Lang signs with the Saints, we'll have a full blown conspiracy to talk about with the Saints signing former Packers. The Vikings are really slacking the last couple years picking off the scraps.

Gotta keep it for posterity.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If Lang signs with the Saints, we'll have a full blown conspiracy to talk about with the Saints signing former Packers. The Vikings are really slacking the last couple years picking off the scraps.
    I preferred it when we stole young guys from under their nose (Gilbert, LeTroy).

I suppose we owe them comp picks for McCarthy indirectly.

I preferred it when we stole young guys from under their nose (Gilbert, LeTroy).

I suppose we owe them comp picks for McCarthy indirectly.
    Forgot about Guy-on being a Viking for a few years. They got Butterfingers and Dizzy Ferguson in exchange.

Oakland signs Marshall "Marshmallow" Newhouse to a 2 year deal. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hall-newhouse/

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Oakland signs Marshall "Marshmallow" Newhouse to a 2 year deal. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hall-newhouse/
    continues to have a decent career.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Well so much for thinking that the Raiders were an excellent evaluator of O-line talent.

Mike Pennel signs a 1 year contract with the Jets.