Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Blog Entries
    KC released Jerel Worthy from their PS.

He bounced there after being cut by the Pats.

I doubt he gets another shot, but he's young.

This thread could use a bump.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider ยท 12h 12 hours ago
    Giants are working out Alex Green and Felix Jones today, according to sources
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    KC released Jerel Worthy from their PS.

He bounced there after being cut by the Pats.

I doubt he gets another shot, but he's young.

This thread could use a bump.

Man, what happened to him? That TT would trade a fourth to trade up to get him, and he's still young, yet he can't even stay on someone's PS?

What happened to that kid? He was lightning fast off the snap, and seemed pretty strong. What the hell?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Man, what happened to him? That TT would trade a fourth to trade up to get him, and he's still young, yet he can't even stay on someone's PS?

What happened to that kid? He was lightning fast off the snap, and seemed pretty strong. What the hell?
    Had potential. Tore his ACL, just couldn't recover and also had some back issues. Also heard he's a bit lazy.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 22m22 minutes ago
    Former #Packers tight ends Ryan Taylor (Baltimore) and Tom Crabtree (New Orleans) were both released today
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    DE Lawrence Guy (vaguely remember him?) is on the Ravens.

He's been on the PS or roster of 5 NFL teams since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    DE Lawrence Guy (vaguely remember him?) is on the Ravens.

He's been on the PS or roster of 5 NFL teams since 2011
    Ya, I remember him. He was the guy who was just coming on in college, and decided to come out early - then lasted until the 7th round. I saw some interviews with his coaches, and they seemed to be saying if he came out too early.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I thought Guy had potential. He was apparently very talented physically, and had good size. But he never did quite develop, but he's made a few dollars. Probably way more than he coulda made doing anything else. So for him, it' s a good career.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 10m10 minutes ago
    From #Packers 2011 draft, DT Lawrence Guy (7th) with @Ravens; TE Ryan Taylor (7th) with @Browns. LB D.J. Smith (6th) cut 10/14 by @Panthers.

Now, maybe Sherrod somewhere.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 49m49 minutes ago
    49ers ad veteran linebacker Desmond Bishop http://wp.me/p14QSB-9EW6

Blog Entries
    Another one of our OLB's who flash in camp guys, Danny Lansanah starts for TB tomorrow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    bump...http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-lawrence-guy/

Didn't he have a concussion issue when he was trying to make it his first year? Too bad he couldn't stick around. I guess we have the next version in Mike Pennel.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
    Browns release C Nick McDonald with injury settlement http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Mse

And yet, Greg Bedard is still getting promoted.

Mike Sherman is taking a job coaching High School football. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-school-coach/

But former NFL HC Mike should have heeded former NCAA HC Sherman. If he had, he would have have been serving only one master, not two. And been more successful.

Be Harder On Your Star Players
    To become a great team I believe you must push your star players harder than the rest of the team. You cannot concede your principles because you know these players are the ones who will help you win games. Become more demanding of them, not less. The lesser players will respond to this in a positive way because you do not play favorites. The star players will also benefit from this because they will not be thinking they are something they are not. (See Tom Brady – perfect example.)

- See more at: http://smartfootball.com/grab-bag/fo....gv30LlmH.dpuf
    http://smartfootball.com/grab-bag/fo....gv30LlmH.dpbs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, no use in trying to do any real assessment of whether that defensive line is gelling at all, or if Quarless really is taking up the slack at TE or if Richard Rodgers is nothing but a training camp flash, or taking a close look at how the defense changes when it's Hayard versus House as the extra back.

No sense in any of that.

Quarless is not even in camp; he's excused for a family emergency....not sure what it means but I don't think it has anything to do with him or his idiocracy
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I'm more surprised Jolly hasn't gotten a call or even a sniff from anyone.
    I am having a terribly hard time reading anything in your print with that hot pic !!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 6m6 minutes ago
    Source: the Lions have claimed DL Jerel Worthy. 2012 second round pick of the Packers was waived by KC on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 6m6 minutes ago
    Source: the Lions have claimed DL Jerel Worthy. 2012 second round pick of the Packers was waived by KC on Monday.
    So NE, KC and now the Lions for him. Packers didn't get the conditional pick for trading him either, I assume.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Allen Barbre is apparently starting at Guard for the Eagles.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...the-status-quo