Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Packers still pursuing the dream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Perhaps, but TTT would have to pay Revis; Tramon comes pretty close to free at at #73 in the NFL he might be as good as we currently have on our roster. For a minimum wage deal what is the downside ?
    I don't think so, Bretsky.

I saw Tramon for the Browns last season.

He's all played out.

You really wouldn't want to take reps away from a green kid to play Tramon.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I don't see how it hurts to bring him in for a look see. Nobody's saying (at least I'm not) that it's a "solution."
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I don't see how it hurts to bring him in for a look see. Nobody's saying (at least I'm not) that it's a "solution."
    The Packers know what he had when they released him, or did not re-sign him. He hasn't gotten better.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Packers know what he had when they released him, or did not re-sign him. He hasn't gotten better.
    I guess you know more about it than I do.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I guess you know more about it than I do.
    I don't. But he could no longer start for a 29th overall ranked defense, that ranked 30th in pass defense.

Unless there is some undisclosed injury that he will recover from in short order, the assumption has to be that he was worse than when he left GB.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I don't. But he could no longer start for a 29th overall ranked defense, that ranked 30th in pass defense.

Unless there is some undisclosed injury that he will recover from in short order, the assumption has to be that he was worse than when he left GB.

The question for me is: Is he currently as good or better than any of our CB's. His experience has got to count for something. He could serve as nothing more than a band-aid. In fact, I think it is rational to ask why, if the Browns had soured on Tramon, we didn't pursue him early last season when our guys started to bite the dust. His familiarity with Dom's system might have made him more serviceable than an injured Rollins or Randall.

Just sayin'.

Could part of that just be that the Browns suck?? Maybe he would be better with better coaching, you are always praising the coaching staff of the Packers.

The Packers have released players that are still good before. TT and stubby are not the be all end all. He is NOT the fix fix, but IF able to be gotten cheap. He could be a partial patch job on the huge hole they have to fix. Piss poor contingency is what gets them in trouble as it is.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Anybody point out yet that Erik Walden had 11 sacks for the Colts this year?
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
    The #Jets announced the release of former starting RT Breno Giacomini and K Nick Folk

Packers don't need another safety.

revis is toast.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
    Saints and DB Chris Banjo agree to a two-year deal, source says. Deal keeps a top special-teamer in the fold. Was a restricted FA.

Might have to end the tradition of Banjo helping us track injured player updates after the games.

Saints and DB Chris Banjo agree to a two-year deal, source says. Deal keeps a top special-teamer in the fold. Was a restricted FA.

Might have to end the tradition of Banjo helping us track injured player updates after the games.
    If Lang signs with the Saints, we'll have a full blown conspiracy to talk about with the Saints signing former Packers. The Vikings are really slacking the last couple years picking off the scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    If Lang signs with the Saints, we'll have a full blown conspiracy to talk about with the Saints signing former Packers. The Vikings are really slacking the last couple years picking off the scraps.
    I preferred it when we stole young guys from under their nose (Gilbert, LeTroy).

I suppose we owe them comp picks for McCarthy indirectly.

I preferred it when we stole young guys from under their nose (Gilbert, LeTroy).

I suppose we owe them comp picks for McCarthy indirectly.
    Forgot about Guy-on being a Viking for a few years. They got Butterfingers and Dizzy Ferguson in exchange.

Gotta keep it for posterity.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Oakland signs Marshall "Marshmallow" Newhouse to a 2 year deal. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hall-newhouse/

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Oakland signs Marshall "Marshmallow" Newhouse to a 2 year deal. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hall-newhouse/
    continues to have a decent career.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Well so much for thinking that the Raiders were an excellent evaluator of O-line talent.